Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

The TC5R was second and third at Reedy this year and also set one of the fastest laptimes. It is as capable as any other car.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 147 (99%+)

Many thanks guys
Old 06-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
The TC5R was second and third at Reedy this year and also set one of the fastest laptimes. It is as capable as any other car.
Wow second and third that's great! TC5R is the best!

This might sound like a dumb question but what servo horn are you guys using? I use a hitec and I break cheap servo savers left and right. What's a good and VERY stronge one?
Old 06-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FK05 lover
Open question to anyone who'd like to answer...

How do you find the TC5R compares to other cars, eg Xray, 416 etc on asphalt
ive had ft tc5 for 2 years now great car love it cvds last 4ever and yet to replace a belt only complaint if it is one too much steering
Old 06-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I guess I made the right decision in picking up a tc5r. Hopefully I can get it up and running in a few weeks.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:57 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by espresso1967
I guess I made the right decision in picking up a tc5r. Hopefully I can get it up and running in a few weeks.
You just have to work with the car and find the setup that feels good to you. Nowadays we have plenty of good touring cars to choose from and the TC5 is as capable as any of them.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

You just have to work with the car and find the setup that feels good to you. Nowadays we have plenty of good touring cars to choose from and the TC5 is as capable as any of them.
Agree 100%
I didn't like my TC5 the first few weeks...but been working on it..
and pretty darn good...
just little bit more work and she will be there.

just have fun...
and when in doubt just hack 'em.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olhipster1
Agree 100%
I didn't like my TC5 the first few weeks...but been working on it..
and pretty darn good...
just little bit more work and she will be there.

just have fun...
and when in doubt just hack 'em.
+1
.... in the start the i had trouble keeping pace with the TC5R. i started doubting the car's capabilities but really it was my fault coz i was lazy to try different things. coming off from from my xray 008, which i was able to get hooked up really good, i was expecting that when i switched to the the tc5 it would instantly be close to my xray. of course that didn't happen since they are two different cars so i started blaming the car. but slowly, when i started really working on it and trying different things .... it has become really good now. just a bit more stuff to try out to get it really hooked up but i have no doubt in my mind it will get there. i would say it's about 95% on its way to where i want it to be.

.... that said, all cars are like that. looking back, i realized that it usually takes me about a month or two of a lot of testing on weekends to learn the car and to get the car where i want it. i guess i just dint have the time to do that when i first got the tc5 and found it easier to blame the car rather than myself.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hyde

This might sound like a dumb question but what servo horn are you guys using? I use a hitec and I break cheap servo savers left and right. What's a good and VERY stronge one?
Honestly, im just using the stock associated one (futaba 9550 servo). The car has an integrated servo saver so there is no need for a second one as a servo horn.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
Honestly, im just using the stock associated one (futaba 9550 servo). The car has an integrated servo saver so there is no need for a second one as a servo horn.
those are really cheapy but work. they break too much, for offroad i gotta piece of carbon fiber mounted on the face of the servo arm which keeps it in once piece.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hyde

I use dynamite aluminum and it works pretty good just make sure you get the short servo horn otherwise it will hit the top plate.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:56 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
+1
.... in the start the i had trouble keeping pace with the TC5R. i started doubting the car's capabilities but really it was my fault coz i was lazy to try different things. coming off from from my xray 008, which i was able to get hooked up really good, i was expecting that when i switched to the the tc5 it would instantly be close to my xray. of course that didn't happen since they are two different cars so i started blaming the car. but slowly, when i started really working on it and trying different things .... it has become really good now. just a bit more stuff to try out to get it really hooked up but i have no doubt in my mind it will get there. i would say it's about 95% on its way to where i want it to be.

.... that said, all cars are like that. looking back, i realized that it usually takes me about a month or two of a lot of testing on weekends to learn the car and to get the car where i want it. i guess i just dint have the time to do that when i first got the tc5 and found it easier to blame the car rather than myself.
I think you hit it right on this. When people switch cars they think they should be dialed in a run or two. Hey sometimes you get lucky and that happens but these cars have so many things you can adjust nowadays it can take weeks and months to try many of the things they have to offer.

I know I use to get new cars every few months and never put in the time like I should have. Over the last few years though I stay with the car I choose and work with it. End result is with any car I have done this with they just get better and I find out what the car likes for a setup. Every car is a little different.

I had a TC5 before and only messed with it for a weekend since I had another touring car and well the car sucked!!!!!!!! Well this one I bought when I decided to come back to touring cars and knew going in I didn't have alot of extra cash so this would be the car I will be sticking with for a good amount of time. That being said over the 3 weeks I have ran the car it has been fun and I'm growing with the car. Been fun so far and I do really appreciate how cheap TC5 parts are.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
......... and I do really appreciate how cheap TC5 parts are.
+1.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Setting Droop using AE Droop Gauge

What is the correct way to use the AE droop gauge, I have read many opposing opinions on this matter. I have been told that if you want a 2mm droop and have a 5mm ride height then you use the guage as described to a 7mm setting, you just add ride height plus droop setting. Is this correct because from what I have read droop setting is very critical to get a TC5R setup correctly.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cubic$Racing
What is the correct way to use the AE droop gauge, I have read many opposing opinions on this matter. I have been told that if you want a 2mm droop and have a 5mm ride height then you use the guage as described to a 7mm setting, you just add ride height plus droop setting. Is this correct because from what I have read droop setting is very critical to get a TC5R setup correctly.

Hi!

In my setup: http://www.rc-setups.com/setups/198/edit
I have F drop about 2mm and rear 2.5mm

Hope this helps!

m.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.