Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by medservr
Yeah, I think I'm just going to do the zip tie thing. Extending the wires seems like a good idea, but I all about keeping it simple. Since I'm planning to race my TC5, I'm happy to hear that the balance isn't thrown off by having the module up a little high on the motor wires.

Thanks
I have the cap for my SP on the bottom of the topdeck
Old 04-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by medservr
Does anyone have a good place to mount a ESC power trans cap module on a TC5? You can't put it on the top plate because the belt is there and you can mount it on the chassis because these is not enough room. Any help, including pictures of your TC5/ESC setup, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
i run speed passion and my cap is next to the speedo
Old 04-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default thx

thx to Mr Crum and all at the track for the info about the soon to be my TC5
Old 04-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what does everyone think of runing a 13.5t sinsorless brushless with matching speed control in my tc5
Old 04-14-2009, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tunatsol
what does everyone think of runing a 13.5t sinsorless brushless with matching speed control in my tc5
should b ok just wont b as smooth as sensered bl but should b ok
Old 04-14-2009, 07:13 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tunatsol
If you use a sensorless speedo and sensorless motor you should be fine. If the company has good software it will very smooth.

If you running a 13.5 sensored with a sensorless speedo it will hesistate off the line on initial hit of the throttle and cog.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey i just got my tc5 and i am wondering what a good starting point might be for the belt tension numbers. it seems that most people use the a cam. i am putting a 7.5L in it. what would be the prefered pinion to run with the 87 t spur?
Old 04-15-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

This TC5 is starting frutrate me a lot and maybe someone out there can help me out. How can this car have a decent run during practice and the first qualifier and then turns crappy in the second, third, and final round? Now for the second, third, and the final round I just change the tires due to the track temp getting hotter. The cars starts hooking around and this is where all the settings are checked such as Tweek, camber, Diff, etc. prior to the run. I see other TCs not making any changes, except for tires, and just checking there settings and are fine for the whole day. So what gives with this car???
Old 04-15-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JdogL
hey i just got my tc5 and i am wondering what a good starting point might be for the belt tension numbers. it seems that most people use the a cam. i am putting a 7.5L in it. what would be the preferred pinion to run with the 87 t spur?
to keep your final drive between 4.5 and 5.0 you would need a 34 to 37 tooth pinion but if your running a 7.5 turn motor i would say in the range of a 23 tooth to keep the temp down. anyone please feel free to correct me if i am off on that as gearing is not my best issue.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team STPN
This TC5 is starting frutrate me a lot and maybe someone out there can help me out. How can this car have a decent run during practice and the first qualifier and then turns crappy in the second, third, and final round? Now for the second, third, and the final round I just change the tires due to the track temp getting hotter. The cars starts hooking around and this is where all the settings are checked such as Tweek, camber, Diff, etc. prior to the run. I see other TCs not making any changes, except for tires, and just checking there settings and are fine for the whole day. So what gives with this car???
Did this happen on more than one set of tires? Just curious because maybe there is something funny with that set. I am going to assume it is the same insert and wheel just a different compound correct?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

What type of temperature variation are we wtalking about here? I run my car on sorex 32s in all weather condition here in the uk and have never needed to change from a warmer/cooler tyre.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i just got a tc5 and have been having problems with the rear shocks leaking out all the oil what is the tip to stopping this?
Old 04-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by a.seffrood
i just got a tc5 and have been having problems with the rear shocks leaking out all the oil what is the tip to stopping this?
Make sure you were able to seat the black plastic piece all of the way down into the shock body. When you insert the shock shaft make sure that you do not tear the o-ring. With only one o-ring in there now any tear will cause it to leak.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kraig
Make sure you were able to seat the black plastic piece all of the way down into the shock body. When you insert the shock shaft make sure that you do not tear the o-ring. With only one o-ring in there now any tear will cause it to leak.
Yeah, and the black washer. I started test fitting the black washers in the bodies before I put all the parts together for final incertion. I had a couple I didn't clean the burrs off of and wouldn't seat all the way...
Old 04-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Been running this chassis for a while now.

Most recently i raced at a new club, I had never been there. Arrived late, had to put motor in etc after skimming it and rushed to make the 2nd qualifier. Despite a lack of grip (everyone was running additive and softer tyres) I still came second out of five on a new track against the regulars.

The car just maintains feeling dialed in and its very easy to set up Strong too! I got hit and the car flew about 6 feet up, landed on its roof, rolled over and kept going. Probably tweaked the chassis, but it was not handling any different after so I may have been lucky.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.