Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 01:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by decibels
just ordered 2 tc5r's and im wondering if it comes with a full stabiliser set or just 2 sway bars one front and one rear? need to know if i need to order the rest!!!!

The TC5R Comes with the Medium Sway Bar out Front, and the Thin Sway Bar at the rear end. So no set, just 2 pieces of them

Greetings Robert
Old 07-16-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by decibels
just ordered 2 tc5r's and im wondering if it comes with a full stabiliser set or just 2 sway bars one front and one rear? need to know if i need to order the rest!!!!
As mentioned it comes with one silver (medium) and one black (soft). You will use these most of the time or none at all. I would suggest getting at least another black bar and possibly another silver. I don't think you need to worry about picking up the heaviest bars.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey everyone.. Give me a little bit of time to get my cars built and running and i will come on here and try and help out with any Questions you might have. I will give you my best advice and opinion. But remember we are all learning and what works for me might not work for you so let's make the Associated Factory team TC5 the best TC out there.... So if you have any questions just yell out for me and i will try my best to answer ...

Thanks

Mike Blackstock
Old 07-16-2008, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock
Hey everyone.. Give me a little bit of time to get my cars built and running and i will come on here and try and help out with any Questions you might have. I will give you my best advice and opinion. But remember we are all learning and what works for me might not work for you so let's make the Associated Factory team TC5 the best TC out there.... So if you have any questions just yell out for me and i will try my best to answer ...

Thanks

Mike Blackstock
Hi Mike B.

Will you run your TC5R on asphalt anytime soon? Cant wait to hear what you learn about the car on asphalt
Old 07-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Tech Addict

hi,

im lookin at buying the TC5R soon and wondered what it was like for Lipo fitment? Do i have to buy anything to make it fit or do i have to modify the car in any particular way?

thanks
Old 07-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sleighty
hi,

im lookin at buying the TC5R soon and wondered what it was like for Lipo fitment? Do i have to buy anything to make it fit or do i have to modify the car in any particular way?

thanks
The TC5 is a very lipo friendly chassis. All popular brands of lipos should fit.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

hi,

thanks
All current ROAR legal 2S lipos fit the TC5. No mods needed at all. SMC, ORION, TRAKPOWER, REEDY, LOSI, etc...all fit with no mods or issues whatsoever.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hi,

thanks
Our LiPo weight system was designed around the TC5 initially. The chassis plate is 3.0 oz of weight right at best low COG possible, in the chassis slots. You can bond to packs or get a Diggity Designs trap or even tape right to chassis tape slots. All LiPo batteries up though 5000's fit this setup with excellent results.

http://www.ppdbillet.com/RC_accessories.html
Old 07-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

besides getting the lower layshaft holders and new cam holders what are you guys doing to free up your drive train
im sure there is info on here but im lazy and dont have them time to read 220 pages
Old 07-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Does anyone make an extra wide kydex front bumper, and also who makes aluminum front carriers and steering knuckles. ONe last question is whats the diff between the 0, 2, 4 and 6 degree front carrier.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Midnight
Does anyone make an extra wide kydex front bumper, and also who makes aluminum front carriers and steering knuckles. ONe last question is whats the diff between the 0, 2, 4 and 6 degree front carrier.
http://pdubracing.com/onlinestore/ca...af780b460bd464

Their website rarely seems accurate so you will need to contact them to see if its in stock or not.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by josh short
besides getting the lower layshaft holders and new cam holders what are you guys doing to free up your drive train
im sure there is info on here but im lazy and dont have them time to read 220 pages
I second that question for the same reason
Old 07-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
I second that question for the same reason
Team Bomber belt for the Yokomo BD is what some people use to free up the drivetrain.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy

ohhhhhhhhh what!!!

the tc5's drivetrain has binding problems??

damn its good that i got on the forum before i made the perchase.

CYCLONE.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know I read when the kit first came out about people soaking the belts. I also recall some people were running them in a really tight setting for a few runs to stretch them out a bit (though this seems like it might put excess strain on the motor) I think I even read about people cutting every other tooth If I could find a place to get the bomber belt, I would. But everywhere I looked it was out of stock so I gave up. I'm interested in getting the Exotek cam holders, but I'm just not convinced that they are worth getting yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.