Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t4mania
Sweet!! Man I have been looking all over.

Thanks.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by beta bob
Getpip,

you can try plumbers tape around the threads that usually works great.
ill give it a go Bob ...Ty
Old 03-16-2008, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I have noticed that I have some play in my steering assembly. Originally i noticed that the ball cup that connected to the servo horn was rather loose. I switched out the turnbuckle/ball cup assembly for a turnbuckle/ball joint assembly like the XRay car has for the connection between the servo horn and the servo arm. This took out a little bit of play but I still have a little bit left.

Anyone switched out all the ball cups and ends for the XRay ball joint connection? I tried this in my truck and it took out a lot of the play.

Any other possible places to look to fix this?

Chirag
Old 03-17-2008, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I switched mine out for the Losi JRXS-R ballcups. They work quite well, but oddly are only too tight on my steering ballstuds. Ill just stretch them a little and they should be fine.

The TC5 ballcups are the same as the ones used on the Mini RC18 series, which are all a PITA to use IMO.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cpatel529
I have noticed that I have some play in my steering assembly. Originally i noticed that the ball cup that connected to the servo horn was rather loose. I switched out the turnbuckle/ball cup assembly for a turnbuckle/ball joint assembly like the XRay car has for the connection between the servo horn and the servo arm. This took out a little bit of play but I still have a little bit left.

Any other possible places to look to fix this?

Chirag

Chirag and Getpip,

Look at this....http://www.plumbingsupply.com/tapes.html

Chirag,

I recommend staying with the stock stuff and using a small amount of this stuff around the ball ends. Keep in mind you DO NOT want to remove all the play. It actually helps the car center up to have a little play.

Steve
Old 03-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Back from the Carpet Nats. It was a great time. My TC5 was crap, but that's just because I'm not a great wrench...

Keven Hebert and Rick Hohwart were really fast!!!! I was hoping Kev would get it done in the Mod main, but some bad breaks sealed his fate pretty quick. Too bad. Anyhow thanks to the AE team for trying to get me on pace!
Old 03-17-2008, 07:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gain Time
I am running the Novak GTB brushless system with a 13.5 however our track wants to start using the 17.5 in the stock class so I am getting ready to convert over. First I am having problems finding gears. Second I ran into a problem when I was trying to gear for the 13.5. I kept buying Pinions and spurs only to find out they wouldnt mesh with the Motor mount.

I would like to find out what gears fit the car but get the FDR to 3.5 and where do you get them? The closest I got was 64P 88/47 and that is 3.74. This was at both Stormer and Tower. LHS carries the motor but do not stock huge Pinions and do not know where to find them.

I am lost in finding the huge pinions or tiny spurs and in order to eliminate buying a bunch of gears I can never use can someone help me out?

thanks.
http://www.precisionracingsystems.com/default2.aspx

PRS goes to like 60 or 65 in pinions, and down to 76 on a spur.
50/88 should be close to what you need
Old 03-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
The solution to this problem is getting a cyclone
Do you own stock in a diff bolt company?
Old 03-19-2008, 05:32 AM
PW
Tech Elite

I have a new setup that seems to be working very well for low bite/sealed asphalt using Jaco Blues. We have to use the Jaco Blue as handout tires and it's really testing everyones patients regarding traction/handling.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
superior_race.pdf (434.6 KB, 241 views)
Old 03-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi,

Firts time here.

I want to buy a spool and an alum diff for my TC5, but LApartshouse is short on stock...

Do you know a good store to buy those parts (in Europe or in the States)?

The TC5 is a hell of a car. I had some issues mounting the differencial but for the price it cost me it's unbeatable.

Here in Portugal most of the guys run Xray, Tamiya and Schumacher that cost way too much...and the performance are the same, IMO.

Good work AE.

Thanks
Nuno

Last edited by Nalves; 03-19-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Most are running our side weight when running Lipo

Old 03-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Seems like that lipo weight is an EXACT copy of Verndog's lipo weight. Are there any differences?

Chirag
Old 03-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nalves
Hi,

I want to buy a spool and an alum diff for my TC5, but LApartshouse is short on stock...

Do you know a good store to buy those parts (in Europe or in the States)?

Good work AE.

Thanks
Nuno
Hello,

Try Stormerhobbies.com. They are located here in the states, and I think they ship Internationally. They appear to have everything your wanting and great prices. I have known the owner for 15 years and he's a great guy and fellow racer, like us.

Steve
Old 03-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cpatel529
Seems like that lipo weight is an EXACT copy of Verndog's lipo weight. Are there any differences?

Chirag
Same high quality polished stainless steel construction, with a custom engraving option for people to choose from.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Leaking Shocks

Help!!!

I'm trying out a TC5, but I'm having trouble with the shocks leaking from the bottom. Only two shocks are doing this...front right, and left rear. Its anoying.

It seems like the shock is not being sealed properly from the bottom, and it leaks a bunch of oil after a run.

According to the manual, the piston is followed by the black cylindrical "thing", then by an o-ring, and then a 2mm spacer. Any tricks to stop the leaking?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.