Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree321Likes

Yokomo BD9

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MidwestRacer
I am excited to get my BD9. Ill post picks of the aluminum chassis when I get it. I have yet to see images of actual production units. I don't understand why some call it a T4? It isn't like Xray was the first to introduce current platform everyone is using. If you look at Awesomatix or AE 7.2, they have copied Yokomo's Centered front belt, but I see it as natural progression. Tiny changes in every evolution is where we are. My BD7 2016 looks much the same as the BD9 from 20 foot. Both my BD8 cars have been fast and flawless. I am sure the BD9 will be a BULLET
I agree 100%. Yokomo kits are weapons
Old 11-15-2018, 02:10 AM
Tech Elite

...I don't understand why some call it a T4? It isn't like Xray was the first to introduce current platform everyone is using. If you look at Awesomatix or AE 7.2, they have copied Yokomo's Centered front belt, but I see it as natural progression. Tiny changes in every evolution is where we are. My BD7 2016 looks much the same as the BD9 from 20 foot. Both my BD8 cars have been fast and flawless. I am sure the BD9 will be a BULLET
Think you'll find people sarcastically calling it a T4 BD9 is due to the number of parts they copied (and I mean almost identical) in their newest kit.
All manufactures copy ideas from each other, always have, always will. But this year is mental.
Compare Yok's bulkheads, gear diffs, front arms, Upper bulkhead 'clamps' and motor mount from this year compared to the BD8, then look at those same parts for the T4'18 or 19.

P.S. Yok are no longer using the centred belt with a dog leg top deck.

Last edited by Skiddins; 11-16-2018 at 01:28 AM.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:03 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am excited to get my BD9. Ill post picks of the aluminum chassis when I get it. I have yet to see images of actual production units. I don't understand why some call it a T4? It isn't like Xray was the first to introduce current platform everyone is using. If you look at Awesomatix or AE 7.2, they have copied Yokomo's Centered front belt, but I see it as natural progression. Tiny changes in every evolution is where we are. My BD7 2016 looks much the same as the BD9 from 20 foot. Both my BD8 cars have been fast and flawless. I am sure the BD9 will be a BULLET
Yokomo copied Awesomatix with the centred spool and top deck design.
rccartips and Oleg Babich like this.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Think you'll find people sarcastically calling it a T4 BD9 is due to the number of parts they copied (and I mean almost identical) in their newest kit.
All manufactures copy ideas from each other, always have, always will. But this year is mental.
Compare Yok's bulkheads, gear diffs, front arms, Upper bulkhead 'clamps' and motor mount from this year compared to the BD8, then look at those same parts for the T4'18 or 19.

P.S. Yok are no longer using the centred belt with a dog leg top deck.
don’t forget the layshaft and spur hold arrangement, top deck, front drivehshafts and hinge pin inserts (without balls)
Old 11-15-2018, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Like really...

Who cares who copied who?
everyone copied Tamiya, cos they were the first to develop a 190mm EP touring car! All other manufacturers are hacks cos they can't develop their own product...

Who really cares? If you're a x-ray fanboi, be thankful your principal has a new car t4 19-infinity...
If you're a yokel, be thankful yokomo hasn't given up on competitive models and gone straight to drift.
Why compare? If you drive awesomatrix, just know that there will always be people who can't and won't understand the awesomenness of awesomatrix (although I've been hoping for a single belt conversion...)
This is a forum to discuss and enjoy the hobby, let's keep it that way.

Alexander
shiston, snip3r66 and MidwestRacer like this.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foampervert
Why compare? If you drive awesomatrix, just know that there will always be people who can't and won't understand the awesomenness of awesomatrix (although I've been hoping for a single belt conversion...)
Well said sir!

And as for a single belt conversion AMX ... A la TA07 hmmmm ... interesting!
Old 11-16-2018, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by foampervert
everyone copied Tamiya, cos they were the first to develop a 190mm EP touring car! All other manufacturers are hacks cos they can't develop their own product...

Who really cares? If you're a x-ray fanboi, be thankful your principal has a new car t4 19-infinity...
If you're a yokel, be thankful yokomo hasn't given up on competitive models and gone straight to drift.
This is a forum to discuss and enjoy the hobby, let's keep it that way.

Alexander
People were simply responding to why it's been jokingly called a T4 BD9.

I remember when people (Awesomatix drivers) were telling us that shaft drive was the future. That didn't last did it
rccartips and Bar like this.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
People were simply responding to why it's been jokingly called a T4 BD9.

I remember when people (Awesomatix drivers) were telling us that shaft drive was the future. That didn't last did it
Shaftdrive cars are still being made, and are too durable for companies to make money off of them... Like a so called fast racer said, a car's success is measured by how many kits they sell, contrary to my beliefs(success=world champion)...It is all about making money to some people: it's very sad......
Old 11-16-2018, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Default Sign of the times...

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Shaftdrive cars are still being made, and are too durable for companies to make money off of them... Like a so called fast racer said, a car's success is measured by how many kits they sell, contrary to my beliefs(success=world champion)...It is all about making money to some people: it's very sad......
Manufacturers make stuff (whatever, not just limited to Rc industry) by what customers want. Sometimes, manufacturers can carve a niche, most times, they just follow the bandwagon. The state of Rc right now is geared towards competition (cos who wants to just have a fun and laughter filled evening with friends anymore?), So manufacturers are forced to design and sell competition rc kits. Look at touring, the car shells only remotely resemble a car at all, but no one seems to realise it's still called 1/10 SCALE touring car competition...

It's true that what keeps a business going is sales; in Rc, it's not kits, it's parts that allow manufacturers to continue. So a bomb proof car will not give enough revenue to a manufacturer. On the other hand, a car with melts-in-your-mouth bits will lose patronage very quickly.

I have always liked yokomos since my ep buggy days with the yz870... I wish them all the best and I hope the bd9 (and other products) allow yokomo to continue operating as a business for a long long time

snip3r66 likes this.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was

I want to laugh and be with friends, I also want to smoke them if at all possible
Old 11-17-2018, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

is the new T4 BD9 diff still leaking?
Old 11-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Smashrc
I have been racing Yokomo cars and many other brands also. Diffs leak due to improper assembly. Over-torquing screws, re-using gaskets, over filling etc. I have a 3 year old diff in my Yokomo VTA which I haven't had apart in 2 season and still doesn't leak a drop. The only diffs I have had leak were a Sakura, which turned out to have a defective o-ring and my 1/8 offroad after the dirt gets into seals and wears them out. Its all in the details and meticulous assembly process.
snip3r66, qcrc and silden like this.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Already on my way there! Coming from T4 background and never had any experience with the Yokomo, i must say, the packaging is nicely done and very well in order.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Yes, they're still made, but typically they're the cheap Tamiya's etc.

The shaft drive Awesomatix was a work of art. But each time they went to a new track they had no idea how it would behave so would have to start setup from scratch each time.
The belt drive version has been for more consistant with it's setup and handling.
And that was from one of their team drivers.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Smashrc
Did my first race on sunday with the BD9 and the diff stayed bone dry. I think the bigger gasket does the trick.

Little tip for semi pro driver (like me :-) leave the alloy screws in the box. I broke 6 by slightly touching the track barriers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.