Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
X-ray nation switching to the Corally commune? >

X-ray nation switching to the Corally commune?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

X-ray nation switching to the Corally commune?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Dayger,

Good example. I don't think people realize how much support Corally does give out to their drives.

As for Paulie at the 2005 Novak race. He bought a kit on I believe Monday from Trackside built it Tuesday, and raced it that weekend and then it went back to the hobby shop to get sold. It truely was a one race wonder. I don't think it ever left Trackside.

Everyone also needs to remember what happened when the TC3 became fast. Everyone had one and it seemed like it was a one make main, especially in stock. Now look at how many AE cars make the big show.

And look at the TITC race this weekend, I believe 7 of 10 cars in the A final are Hot Bodies with the other 3 being Tamiya
Old 02-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

All cars are fast, and I think all of us agree on it. The way I see it, a lot boils down to support, and what your faster friend drives, and also a lot on how easy or difficult a car can be.

I have won with rubber tires on carpet in modified with several cars, TC3, Xray T1, Pro4 and my current RDX.

The TC3 was the car that gave me my first win, three days after switching from a Losi XXX-S G+. The Losi was what made me a better driver, and it was easy both to drive and work on, so I learnt a lot. When I then switched, I knew what I wanted from a car, and I won straightaway with my TC3. The difference was that the TC3 was faster, but also a sharper and more tricky car on carpet, where the Losi more felt like a boat. Just floating steadily around. Later on I switched to an Xray, never really liked it, although it was easy to drive, and I won with that too....

I had a long break from racing, and came back when the Pro4 had been around 6 months. Was fast straightaway, and won with it, but on some tracks it was a handfull. Changed to my current Corally, and damn was it easy to drive, won with that too...

As of today, I don't race touring anymore, but I have been lucky enough to test a few other cars. Tamiya is winning a lot with rubber tires, simply because it is very easy to drive out of the box. And it seems to be quite the same with the HB Cyclone.

I think my Corally had the potensial to be faster several times, but it required more work. By doing that work, it was faster.

In my mind, that tells me that any car is good, it's the mind behind the setup that matters. And for beginners who want an easy car to drive, it might be easier if you can follow your local hotshots setup.

So I say, If you're experienced with setup, and know what you want, then choose a car you like. If your a beginner, choose what your experienced friend chooses
Old 02-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I had an FK05 for a short time and didn't like it. It was faster than my TC4 but it just didn't feel right to me. I went to the RDX and I love it. I just picked up a T2 and it feels very similar to the RDX. Driver feel has EVERYTHING to do with it. If the car doesn't feel good to you, you won't push it, and that makes you slow. And yes, Dayger could have won with the T2, but XRay couldn't afford any more drivers. Most of the top level cars are capable of winning on any given weekend (except the FTC4) Some dislike the fact that Xray continues to replace there cars every year, I think it shows their dedication to improvement and making sure that they offer the very best they can. Still love my RDX.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I had an FK05 for a short time and didn't like it. It was faster than my TC4 but it just didn't feel right to me. I went to the RDX and I love it. I just picked up a T2 and it feels very similar to the RDX. Driver feel has EVERYTHING to do with it. If the car doesn't feel good to you, you won't push it, and that makes you slow. And yes, Dayger could have won with the T2, but XRay couldn't afford any more drivers. Most of the top level cars are capable of winning on any given weekend (except the FTC4) Some dislike the fact that Xray continues to replace there cars every year, I think it shows their dedication to improvement and making sure that they offer the very best they can. Still love my RDX.
I still think the TC4 can win, but they lack drivers. Juho Levanen is a great talent, and so is the other few drivers they have. But it's not enough...
Old 02-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you look at the club level racer, 90% of them are stock racers (and 19T on the side). With that in mind, "what wins on Sunday sells on Monday". Over the last few span of races, Corally has filled/won the stock class. XRay/RCAmerica has been the dominent team in modified racing (the most prestigious class) but not the class that most of the people on the forums/at the track race.

Everybody argues all day about why or if sponsored guys should run stock class at races, but then you have threads started that say "Xray nation switches to Corally" that pretty much justifies why, PR.

Corally has great drivers, as does RCAmerica, but keep in mind that the T2 has only had 2 races under it, so maybe in the next few you will see the T2 drivers in the stock class get faster, that is if they run stock class, not sure what to expect from that, so who knows.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by stiltskin
And yes, Dayger could have won with the T2, but XRay couldn't afford any more drivers.
I'm not sure if they NEED anymore drivers.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

No kidding
Old 02-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I made the Corally decision at last years Carpet Nats. Was still up in the air when I went to watch and it was just before the FK05 went public. the Corally drivers made time to talk to me and show me different things on their cars. They even took a local kid who was 12 under their wing to help him with the setup. At the same time, the Xray drivers were relatively unapproachable. Granted, the FK05 was still "under wraps" by the mod drivers. For me, it was local parts support and seeing first hand the quality of the team drivers. Cuffs, Tosolini, and the other drivers there made it very easy to ask questions and they had solid answers. I now have 2 RDX's and wouldn't trade them for anything. Race what you like and are comfortable with and you will be a better racer as you won't always be second guessing your decision and fighting with setups! Just my 2 cents....
Old 02-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

when your pro and as good as cuffs, deygar or any of those guys its not the car its the driver
Old 02-18-2006, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lotus1
At my local track we have had 4 former Xray drivers switch over to the new Corally.Most have improved noticeably.All this Xray hype and guys are switching and getting faster.Oh well.

. See you in the morning.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BritRacer
one thing at club level is that people dont maintain their cars....so when they build a new kit, its like freeing up the car....how many people strip, clean, lube their car each week?

I would guess a good clean of the car would yield similar results as a switch to the latest thing
I was just going to say that, great point
Old 02-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

I hated my FTTC4...I bought a T2, only reasons I picked XRAY is because I used a Fk04 and T2 for a night of racing (borrowed) and I won, first place...both weeks...

With my TC4 I could not get it setup correctly and fit me good for the life of me, and I was the one whom setup those XRAY's. I also find the XRAY's more tougher than the Associated's. I know alot of people who are having problems with there TC4's and are thinking of switching. I just sold my TC4 last night and will not look back.

My XRAY went together like a dream, unlike that FT TC4...

Thats just me though, I find Im alot faster with the XRAY's than the Associated's. I also find them easier to change parts and you don't have to take off everything to get to a damn spur gear or something. Also easier to just work on peroid.

My 2 cents, although I just started 3 months ago.

-Mike.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JohnMatrix
I wouldnt worry to much about how many ppl are switching from one car to the other. At my track its pretty funny, Xray fk05 came out 8 guys switch to it, JRXS comes out 8 guys run and buy that, Corally(which was out for awhile, but got a huge push and its a pretty car) 10 ppl switch to that, T2 comes out and 8 guys switch to that.
People are just being "realistic" nowadays......
Old 02-18-2006, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lotus1
At my local track we have had 4 former Xray drivers switch over to the new Corally.Most have improved noticeably.All this Xray hype and guys are switching and getting faster.Oh well.
That is a crock,x ray corally throw a towel over them not that much difference-results both are excellent look at the birds,novak,vegas
Old 02-19-2006, 01:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Interesting argument.... For those who have been racing for some time, you know a fast driver will get any car fast sooner or l8tr, for the nobbies you will learn this one day. My exp suggest that some cars tend to wrk better than others at different places, and mayb this has been the case with the ppl switching to RDX's. I used to run a 415 (foam) and 415ms (rubber) and both went fine. The tamiyas are capable of some amazing things but also can be really bad and in mod they wear out very quick (esp white belts). The fk05 and 06 both are very easy to drive but do not respond to changes as much as the tamiyas. The RDX might be 1/2 way inbetween being easy to drive and responding better than the xrays do to changes but ultimatly any car will be fast when you make it work well with the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.