Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
X-ray nation switching to the Corally commune? >

X-ray nation switching to the Corally commune?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

X-ray nation switching to the Corally commune?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default X-ray nation switching to the Corally commune?

At my local track we have had 4 former Xray drivers switch over to the new Corally.Most have improved noticeably.All this Xray hype and guys are switching and getting faster.Oh well.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

9 times outta 10 everyone is faster with a new car. Just how it works for some reason. Setup and driver are more important than anything. I had a RDX and absolutley hated it. It's an awesome car, just doesn't fit my driving style.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

1-4 at snowbirds in modified......

Later EddieO
Old 02-18-2006, 04:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EddieO
1-4 at snowbirds in modified......

Later EddieO
I see that.But,Look at the team they're fielding.It is almost a given,with the size of it and talent on it.I really don't think that we can compare those guys to the average club racers tho,The people who don't have full team support/resources,to be honest with you.Not flaming any car either.Honestly,they're all awesome vehicles.I agree with J above you,whatever fits your style will work.Mario.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:39 AM
Tech Addict

I wouldnt worry to much about how many ppl are switching from one car to the other. At my track its pretty funny, Xray fk05 came out 8 guys switch to it, JRXS comes out 8 guys run and buy that, Corally(which was out for awhile, but got a huge push and its a pretty car) 10 ppl switch to that, T2 comes out and 8 guys switch to that.

I really think it comes down to whats cool to have, and new=cool. Everyone wants to be a part of something, or in the in crowd so ppl float from car to car.

What I tell everyone that is looking to get a new car or upgrade is what ever company you pick, stick with it. It takes me over 6 months to learn a new car and everthing it can do.

When the Corally came out I was very interested in getting one just to be with friends that switched and work with them to learn the car.

But the simple fact is, everytime you switch or upgrade its an easy $1000 with the kit, parts and hopups.

Nick Martinez
Old 02-18-2006, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JohnMatrix
I wouldnt worry to much about how many ppl are switching from one car to the other. At my track its pretty funny, Xray fk05 came out 8 guys switch to it, JRXS comes out 8 guys run and buy that, Corally(which was out for awhile, but got a huge push and its a pretty car) 10 ppl switch to that, T2 comes out and 8 guys switch to that.

I really think it comes down to whats cool to have, and new=cool. Everyone wants to be a part of something, or in the in crowd so ppl float from car to car.

What I tell everyone that is looking to get a new car or upgrade is what ever company you pick, stick with it. It takes me over 6 months to learn a new car and everthing it can do.

When the Corally came out I was very interested in getting one just to be with friends that switched and work with them to learn the car.

But the simple fact is, everytime you switch or upgrade its an easy $1000 with the kit, parts and hopups.

Nick Martinez

I agree.A couple of guys are faster tho.We'll see over time if it's the "new car" syndrome or not.Still learning/try new things with my FTTC4.Spent an 8 week race series just learning.Not trying to flame or anything,just thought it was interesting,the switching.I do find that the hardcore Xray guys seem less than thrilled with the T2 tho.Maybe need more time with it,as stated.Mario.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Is it true that "People who live in communes are communists?
Old 02-18-2006, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

one thing at club level is that people dont maintain their cars....so when they build a new kit, its like freeing up the car....how many people strip, clean, lube their car each week?

I would guess a good clean of the car would yield similar results as a switch to the latest thing
Old 02-18-2006, 05:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BritRacer
one thing at club level is that people dont maintain their cars....so when they build a new kit, its like freeing up the car....how many people strip, clean, lube their car each week?

I would guess a good clean of the car would yield similar results as a switch to the latest thing
Old 02-18-2006, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lotus1
At my local track we have had 4 former Xray drivers switch over to the new Corally.Most have improved noticeably.All this Xray hype and guys are switching and getting faster.Oh well.
This is quite common- usually the fastest guy at the track can help those running the same car a lot more than they can help themselves. So, if he changes cars, then they do too.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Default Yea

True all.A couple of us do keep up on the maintenance stuff tho.Keeps us up there.It is definately a factor in going fast,no doubt.The fast guy factor is there too.It does help when you have someone/others with the same vehicle to Bounce ideas off of.The 3 of us that run TC4's work together quite alot actually.Benefitted all of us.More fun too.Mario.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BritRacer

I like to my car to continue to have the new car smell so I clean mine after every race day.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I made the switch during the Snowbirds. I ran the Corally for the first time during the 2nd qual. BQ'ed touring stock with it, but I switched from an FK04, not a T2. The RDX is money out of the box.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:20 AM
Tech Initiate

For the ability to gauge which car is more effective, you need to look at the non-sponsored driver that races locally and at large events, which buys their own parts and makes their own motor, battery and setup choices. Most racers will make their next purchase decision on the products last win or there bouts. Therefore, when the factory sponsored driver wins, this is good for that companies business to promote and advertise that product, but I don't feel it necessarily determines 'that' new widget is the best product out there.

Did snowbirds list the 'A' main drivers sponsors?

Fast Faisal
Old 02-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

im going from a Losi JRXS and AE TC3 to an Xray that be on my doorstep on Monday....will it make me slower?

nah i don't think so

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.