Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
X-ray nation switching to the Corally commune? >

X-ray nation switching to the Corally commune?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

X-ray nation switching to the Corally commune?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Oh well

Guess I'll chime in.Got one.Very impressive.That's all I'll say.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MartinSorlie
All cars are fast, and I think all of us agree on it. The way I see it, a lot boils down to support, and what your faster friend drives, and also a lot on how easy or difficult a car can be.

I have won with rubber tires on carpet in modified with several cars, TC3, Xray T1, Pro4 and my current RDX.

The TC3 was the car that gave me my first win, three days after switching from a Losi XXX-S G+. The Losi was what made me a better driver, and it was easy both to drive and work on, so I learnt a lot. When I then switched, I knew what I wanted from a car, and I won straightaway with my TC3. The difference was that the TC3 was faster, but also a sharper and more tricky car on carpet, where the Losi more felt like a boat. Just floating steadily around. Later on I switched to an Xray, never really liked it, although it was easy to drive, and I won with that too....

I had a long break from racing, and came back when the Pro4 had been around 6 months. Was fast straightaway, and won with it, but on some tracks it was a handfull. Changed to my current Corally, and damn was it easy to drive, won with that too...

As of today, I don't race touring anymore, but I have been lucky enough to test a few other cars. Tamiya is winning a lot with rubber tires, simply because it is very easy to drive out of the box. And it seems to be quite the same with the HB Cyclone.

I think my Corally had the potensial to be faster several times, but it required more work. By doing that work, it was faster.

In my mind, that tells me that any car is good, it's the mind behind the setup that matters. And for beginners who want an easy car to drive, it might be easier if you can follow your local hotshots setup.

So I say, If you're experienced with setup, and know what you want, then choose a car you like. If your a beginner, choose what your experienced friend chooses
That pretty much wraps it up But I would also like to add that knowledge of set-up is KEY. Many of us know what we would like the car to do but have little in form of manipulating the car to get there. Once you've mastered set-up I feel only then can you justify a particular car working with you or against you. Some cars just don't respond the same, to the same changes.

Last edited by JayBee; 03-26-2006 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tbeardmore

Speaking of quality has anyone seen the new Corally SP12X....?

This has to be the coolest looking 12th scale I've ever seen..! (I guess I'm gonn have to buy it!) Check it out...!!

http://international.corally.com/pdf/sp12x.pdf
I'm with you on that Brah... it's held up right now but the new Corally SP12X is a thing of beauty AND it's mine
Old 03-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lotus1
Geez,All's I did was make a simple observation based on the people I race with.Never said one was better than the other.Just thought it was/is interesting to see so many people switch so fast.
It is an interesting observation... I've witnessed the same thing with our 12th-scales here. We race on an indoor asphalt track and our local/regional/national/sponsered fast guy found a good deal on a link car and was fast with it. So what happens, everyone that wants a 12th scale buys a Carpet Knife. I sit back and observe but in the meantime pick up a T-bar car. Sooner than later everyone that have a link car switches to a T-bar car or doesn't run the class anymore. Why? Cause our fast guy runs a T-bar car now. You will always have leaders and followers- I just choose to be the former until following the leader becomes beneficial