Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree272Likes

XRAY T4'19 SPEC

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Any SoCal guys here? Looking at getting back into onroad and I’m either getting this or an X1. Question is aluminum or graphite. If I’m only going to have one is it easier to get the aluminum to work on pavement or graphite to work on black carpet? I’ve heard some guys going back to graphite for carpet so I’m leaning that way.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DG Designs
Any SoCal guys here? Looking at getting back into onroad and I’m either getting this or an X1. Question is aluminum or graphite. If I’m only going to have one is it easier to get the aluminum to work on pavement or graphite to work on black carpet? I’ve heard some guys going back to graphite for carpet so I’m leaning that way.
Alum is still the primary go to for black carpet. I think it could be tough trying to make ome chassis work, but if your asphalt track is high grip youmay be able to get away with alum flex chassis which will also be good on black carpet.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RBLove

Alum is still the primary go to for black carpet. I think it could be tough trying to make ome chassis work, but if your asphalt track is high grip youmay be able to get away with alum flex chassis which will also be good on black carpet.
I've been using the ARC R11 2018/2019 chassis over last year and a half on medium to high grip asphalt and it works great. Lap times are as fast or faster than with the graphite chassis and my xray T4 with graphite. With that said, the R11 aluminum chassis is more like the xray ultra flex chassis.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:09 AM
Tech Adept

Guys,
Any feedback about 1.6top deck or WC topdeck on asphalt?

Im running a low/med asphalt, car is good but missing bit corner speed.. I think 1.6mm topdeck should help.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:36 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by nicoo2k4
Guys,
Any feedback about 1.6top deck or WC topdeck on asphalt?

Im running a low/med asphalt, car is good but missing bit corner speed.. I think 1.6mm topdeck should help.
The 1.6 topdeck compared to the kit 2.0 topdeck will be less reactive to initial input, but will generate more steering mid-corner. This most likely will not translate to more corner speed, but it depends on what you mean when you say you need corner speed.

The Worlds topdeck is sort of in the middle between the 2.0 and 1.6.
RBLove likes this.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by R Dodge
The 1.6 topdeck compared to the kit 2.0 topdeck will be less reactive to initial input, but will generate more steering mid-corner. This most likely will not translate to more corner speed, but it depends on what you mean when you say you need corner speed.

The Worlds topdeck is sort of in the middle between the 2.0 and 1.6.
car is missing bit rotation mid corner.
thanks for info, will give a try!
Old 05-02-2019, 11:01 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by nicoo2k4

car is missing bit rotation mid corner.
thanks for info, will give a try!
you could also try raising the Stock topdeck 1mm. This will give you the side flex it seems you need, but retains some front/rear stiffness which will help maintain good forward drive.

additionally, if you run the carbon center brace you can raise that a few mm to increase side flex
Old 05-02-2019, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

you could also try raising the Stock topdeck 1mm. This will give you the side flex it seems you need, but retains some front/rear stiffness which will help maintain good forward drive.

additionally, if you run the carbon center brace you can raise that a few mm to increase side flex
What’s up with having a center carbon brace? Seems like it was introduced the past couple years by other brands as well. Is there really a need for it?
Old 05-02-2019, 11:17 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya

What’s up with having a center carbon brace? Seems like it was introduced the past couple years by other brands as well. Is there really a need for it?
Xray introduced this at 2016 worlds. I don’t think anyone else had it at the time, but it definitely has become a common tuning option these days. There are also now many other variations of it but it seems Xray feels the carbon brace is best and I agree it is very good. It reduces overall flex with the main benefit seeming to be increased forward traction. It does reduce the feel of steering mid corner which can improve corner speed, but definitely improves forward drive
Old 05-02-2019, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Xray introduced this at 2016 worlds. I don’t think anyone else had it at the time, but it definitely has become a common tuning option these days. There are also now many other variations of it but it seems Xray feels the carbon brace is best and I agree it is very good. It reduces overall flex with the main benefit seeming to be increased forward traction. It does reduce the feel of steering mid corner which can improve corner speed, but definitely improves forward drive
gotcha. I had a vbc D10 that had it. Just curious. Thx
Old 05-02-2019, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

+1 for center brace! I race asphalt and it never comes off any more. I've done many sessions with and without, but always faster with it in the car.
Old 05-02-2019, 02:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guys, I'm having a noob problem. The other day I'm out bashing my T4 and the front belt pops off around the front diff, but was able to drive for a little in RWD and when I inspected the belt looked fine, wasn't caught in anything. So I thought maybe since the belt maybe had a little more play than it should have I adjusted the front diff housing to tighten it up a tad. Well today after a few high speed runs and pulling over for a car I go to take off and next thing you know the car is acting like it's stuck. This time the belt popped off around the spur and is binding. I do have the spur gear and pulley oriented in the correct direction (silver spur screw heads are on the left side) and everything seems to spin freely and smoothly without the motor attached.

What else should I be looking for?
Old 05-02-2019, 02:44 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by InTheZoneAC
Hi Guys, I'm having a noob problem. The other day I'm out bashing my T4 and the front belt pops off around the front diff, but was able to drive for a little in RWD and when I inspected the belt looked fine, wasn't caught in anything. So I thought maybe since the belt maybe had a little more play than it should have I adjusted the front diff housing to tighten it up a tad. Well today after a few high speed runs and pulling over for a car I go to take off and next thing you know the car is acting like it's stuck. This time the belt popped off around the spur and is binding. I do have the spur gear and pulley oriented in the correct direction (silver spur screw heads are on the left side) and everything seems to spin freely and smoothly without the motor attached.

What else should I be looking for?
how old is the belt? Is it the stock black belt or the optional white belt? It could just be stretched out. Some batches of white belts were a little larger than they should have been, so after some use it could easily pop off. Adjusting the diff eccentric was a good first attempt to resolve this. If it is all the way right and still popping off you should check the pulleys to make sure there is no debris that could be causing it to pop off. If the pulleys are all clean, it could just be time to replace the belt, especially if it is old.
tbrymer likes this.

Last edited by R Dodge; 05-03-2019 at 04:35 AM. Reason: correcting autocorrect
Old 05-02-2019, 02:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

how old is the belt? Is it the stick black belt or the optional white belt? It could just be stretched out. Some batches of white belts were a little larger than they should have been, so after some use it could easily pop off. Adjusting the diff eccentric was a good first attempt to resolve this. If it is all the way right and still popping off you should check the pulleys to make sure there is no debris that could be causing it to pop off. If the pulleys are all clean, it could just be time to replace the belt, especially if it is old.
This was the 3rd or 4th time driving the car, probably has 1 hour of run time, got it completed in April. It has the stock black belts. Other than light dirt getting on the car from when I lost control after it went RWD the first time the pulleys looked clean when I reattached the belt.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:17 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by InTheZoneAC
This was the 3rd or 4th time driving the car, probably has 1 hour of run time, got it completed in April. It has the stock black belts. Other than light dirt getting on the car from when I lost control after it went RWD the first time the pulleys looked clean when I reattached the belt.
okay, that shouldn’t be happening. Check to make sure there is nothing binding or interfering with the belt in any way. I’m not sure what else to tell you. The kit belts have been good consistently over the years. But this is for sure unusual.
InTheZoneAC likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.