Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree430Likes

Understanding F1 Tuning: Let’s break it down

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Would epoxy stick to rubber? Might have a better appearance.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Would epoxy stick to rubber? Might have a better appearance.
Epoxy would crack and break off as the tire carcass flexed. I wonder how the black rubberized CA would work/look?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/bob-smi...MaAu26EALw_wcB
Old 02-08-2018, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
You can cut a slit in the CRC sidewall and stick a hook pic in there to grab the foam and reset it. Then just apply a little CA to the sidewall to glue up the slit you made.

It's easy if the foam is bunched up really badly from a hard crash and has a huge sidewall bump. If it's ok but wobbly, that's a bit harder.
We found the foam was getting a drop or two of glue in the gluing process and anchoring at one point on the rim. Then the foam starts to bunch up around that point. It takes some work to smooth it back out.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Capricorn RC ONE EP Foam Tyres Range | RCNews.net - RC Car News

I'm probably the only one who misses the foam tyre days
Old 02-08-2018, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

whoever is gluing the crc tires does a horrible job. I have 4 sets and the front wobble all over the place brand new out of the box. Not sure if actually has any effect or not it just drives me crazy. Gravity and Hudy are glued near perfect with no visible wobble.

As far as sidewall glueing I have not seen any run on black carpet without glue on at least the front tires at my local track. I glue the fronts and rears and sometimes will still traction roll if I get overly agressive.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wobble will definitely upset the car!! It's NOT good!! We've gone so far as to BALANCE tires for true running so wobble would certainly not be something you should live with. I would return them to the manufacturer as DEFECTIVE!!
Old 02-08-2018, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

gotta spend at least $60 for a set of tires for them to be straight trash
Old 02-09-2018, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tim Neja
Wobble will definitely upset the car!! It's NOT good!! We've gone so far as to BALANCE tires for true running so wobble would certainly not be something you should live with. I would return them to the manufacturer as DEFECTIVE!!
*cough* foam tyres *cough*
Old 02-09-2018, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adamska27
*cough* foam tyres *cough*
Dreamer!!!! Foam brings a whole other level of frustrations lol. Adam you and I are lucky we race with a good group of drivers and we rarely have car to car issues (most issues are board meetings self inflicted) We could most likely get away with using foam and not worry to much about chunking them out but nothing is worse than a one run chunked out foam tire.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KINGZJ
whoever is gluing the crc tires does a horrible job. I have 4 sets and the front wobble all over the place brand new out of the box. Not sure if actually has any effect or not it just drives me crazy. Gravity and Hudy are glued near perfect with no visible wobble.
You could always buy them unmounted and glue them yourselves.
hobbyten and scirocco14 like this.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by KINGZJ
Dreamer!!!! Foam brings a whole other level of frustrations lol. Adam you and I are lucky we race with a good group of drivers and we rarely have car to car issues (most issues are board meetings self inflicted) We could most likely get away with using foam and not worry to much about chunking them out but nothing is worse than a one run chunked out foam tire.
I grew up on foam tyred F103's with mabuchis - the good ol' days
It's so easy to mount foams, they are cheap, I'll run the rubber tyres, but I miss the old days
Old 02-09-2018, 09:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sps3172
You could always buy them unmounted and glue them yourselves.
If a manufacturer is offering RTR tires--they need to be just that!! RTR!! Not wobbly or improperly glued. Would YOU sell something that won't perform properly and expect to stay in business?
phatboislim likes this.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

I run my cars on the black crc carpet with crc tires zero glue on the front tires and can be aggressive as I want with no traction roll issues at all
Old 02-09-2018, 10:03 AM
sbd
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SavageCanadian
I run my cars on the black crc carpet with crc tires zero glue on the front tires and can be aggressive as I want with no traction roll issues at all
That is very nice.

However it has nothing to do with F1 tuning, unless you share your wizardry.
dawgmeat and aracefan like this.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

If a manufacturer is offering RTR tires--they need to be just that!! RTR!! Not wobbly or improperly glued. Would YOU sell something that won't perform properly and expect to stay in business?
I've seen plenty of the pre-mounts. Most, if not all, have a bit of a wobble on the front tires. All, and not most, have been able to 'perform' properly. I sold an extra set to a driver that just went to the Snowbirds. These tires weren't balanced and indeed had a bit of a wobble. These tires also worked well enough for him to qualify into the A main.

Rubber tires (and the carcass flex they bring) forgive a multitude of sins.

If you have tires that wobble to such a degree that your lap times are affected (i.e. they don't perform properly), then perhaps you should contact CRC for replacement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.