Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree710Likes

Team Associated RC10B64 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-01-2017, 03:20 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10B64 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Aftermarket parts

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 10:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

So I glued up my wheels from the kit finally as I used to drive a ZX6.6 and had a bunch of wheels. Well now I'm having serious binding issues on those front wheels. I saw someone else had issues but it seemed like they weren't using the right wheels. I went over the manual and my car to make sure it's assembled correctly and everything is as it should be. Looking at the AE wheels compared to my kyosho, it is clear to see the hex is deeper by a millimeter or so. Did I get a bunk set of wheels? I'm kind of pissed as I have a set of tires I can't use now.

I have tried shimming and loctite to be able to back off slightly but it leads to a loose fitting wheel.

Last edited by Costanza; 05-25-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Costanza
So I glued up my wheels from the kit finally as I used to drive a ZX6.6 and had a bunch of wheels. Well now I'm having serious binding issues on those front wheels. I saw someone else had issues but it seemed like they weren't using the right wheels. I went over the manual and my car to make sure it's assembled correctly and everything is as it should be. Looking at the AE wheels compared to my kyosho, it is clear to see the hex is deeper by a millimeter or so. Did I get a bunk set of wheels? I'm kind of pissed as I have a set of tires I can't use now.

I have tried shimming and loctite to be able to back off slightly but it leads to a loose fitting wheel.
do you have the front hex on backwards? it goes on before the pin
Old 05-25-2017, 11:10 AM
Tech Initiate

I had this problem with some older wheels I had. I switched to 5mm wide hexes on the front instead of the kit 3mm and then they didn't bind. Hope this helps.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by FanBoi
I had this problem with some older wheels I had. I switched to 5mm wide hexes on the front instead of the kit 3mm and then they didn't bind. Hope this helps.
I kind of wish I would of thought of this before attacking them with a dremel. I'll be ordering some though to make sure it doesn't happen again. Dremel seems to of worked though. Ran a pack through and it's fine.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:48 AM
Tech Initiate

I kind of wish I would of thought of this before attacking them with a dremel. I'll be ordering some though to make sure it doesn't happen again. Dremel seems to of worked though. Ran a pack through and it's fine.
Just be aware that the 4wd axles are thicker than the 2wd axles so 2wd hexes don't fit. I took a pair of the plastic 5mm hexes from a b4.2 and used a drill press to make the hole larger so they would fit the b64d axle. I think the b64 will come with 5mm on the front. So if you get 2wd hexes be prepared to drill the hole larger.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Just be aware that the 4wd axles are thicker than the 2wd axles so 2wd hexes don't fit. I took a pair of the plastic 5mm hexes from a b4.2 and used a drill press to make the hole larger so they would fit the b64d axle. I think the b64 will come with 5mm on the front. So if you get 2wd hexes be prepared to drill the hole larger.
I believe it comes with 5's on the rear. I'll just order those.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:09 PM
Tech Initiate

I believe it comes with 5's on the rear. I'll just order those.
Good call.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gus6464
Since the new Tekno car is delayed for quite a bit and it's boring on club race days only have one car I was thinking about picking up the B64 as they have tons of parts at my track.

For high bite clay should I go for the B64 or the B64D? Seems like the B64 might be a better option? Going to run 13.5 on it.
car is not delayed, google when summer starts and ends, start is not any day in may
Old 05-25-2017, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

FYI The B4 and early B5M axles were smaller. Since the B5M FL / T5M the rear axles changed to the 'HD' axles and they have a 5mm diameter. The B6/B64 hexes are all this same ID and will fit the front of the B64.

Ray
Old 05-25-2017, 06:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ray_munday
FYI The B4 and early B5M axles were smaller. Since the B5M FL / T5M the rear axles changed to the 'HD' axles and they have a 5mm diameter. The B6/B64 hexes are all this same ID and will fit the front of the B64.

Ray
I did not know that. Thank you for informing me.
ray_munday likes this.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well I got my b64 today. Looking at the front arms all I see is a little more bracing around the shock mounting point. If I remember this is where the arms I broke snapped. Looking at the dif cases I can't see any difference, not saying they are not improved/changed, just that I can't tell any changes.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sgtlt
Well I got my b64 today. Looking at the front arms all I see is a little more bracing around the shock mounting point. If I remember this is where the arms I broke snapped. Looking at the dif cases I can't see any difference, not saying they are not improved/changed, just that I can't tell any changes.
The updated front arms have a small amount of extra bracing around the shock mount area as you have noticed.

The diff cases are a different material, less fibrous / more black/shiny. There are also some fillets on the top deck mounting tabs.

I put some pics up on facebook here:
https://www.facebook.com/ray.munday/...95717219491703

Ray

Last edited by ray_munday; 05-26-2017 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

are the B6 laydown transmission cases being changed to this newer plastic?
Old 05-29-2017, 12:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
are the B6 laydown transmission cases being changed to this newer plastic?
I have heard nothing about any changes to the B6 plastics. The tranny case has been fine in my opinion on the 2wd cars.
mellow likes this.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:32 AM
Tech Initiate

I know it's all in my head but this car is so much easier to drive and tune than my previous wheeler. Consistently hitting a full lap faster with it. AE people are all sharing and chatting about who's doing what and trying to create the most competition and I think it makes every one at the track better.

Last edited by Costanza; 05-30-2017 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Could of been seen as trolling and I'm not here to start problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.