Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree710Likes

Team Associated RC10B64 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-01-2017, 03:20 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10B64 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Aftermarket parts

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aeRayls

its for running super low ride height like with the carpet car.
Thanks. I guess that makes sense that it's on the B64 and not the other 2 then. Just out of curiousity, how do you know this? Is it published somewhere?
Old 07-09-2018, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bruce_R
Thanks. I guess that makes sense that it's on the B64 and not the other 2 then. Just out of curiousity, how do you know this? Is it published somewhere?

i run run for ae, I don't think there's a document for it
Bruce_R likes this.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi,

Is anyone have an issue with lots of bump steer when running the V2 steering rack and the V2 Ackerman plate.
I've a 2mm washer under the ball stud on the steering rack, to stop the ball cup hitting at full suspension compression.

MiCk B. :-)
Old 07-10-2018, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MiCk B
Hi,

Is anyone have an issue with lots of bump steer when running the V2 steering rack and the V2 Ackerman plate.
I've a 2mm washer under the ball stud on the steering rack, to stop the ball cup hitting at full suspension compression.

I had the opposite issue. In order to be able to get zero bump steer with 7deg castor blocks, highest axles and low kick up I had to raise the rack by 2mm.

With 10deg blocks it is just about right with no spacers anywhere but still better with the rack raised 0.5mm.

Personally on astro I don't like the V2 steering plates, much prefer the +2 plates as it makes the car much smoother.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by MiCk B
Hi,

I had problem, added 2mm washer and no problem. Using front inside V2 rack location with plate atm.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RogerM
I had the opposite issue. In order to be able to get zero bump steer with 7deg castor blocks, highest axles and low kick up I had to raise the rack by 2mm.

With 10deg blocks it is just about right with no spacers anywhere but still better with the rack raised 0.5mm.

Personally on astro I don't like the V2 steering plates, much prefer the +2 plates as it makes the car much smoother.
Hi Roger, can you explain the differences between the +2 plates and the V2 please? I have changed my car to the new bits (rack, steering plates and bellcrank arm) and it is still quite twitchy. Cheers :-)
Old 07-11-2018, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stueys
Hi Roger, can you explain the differences between the +2 plates and the V2 please? I have changed my car to the new bits (rack, steering plates and bellcrank arm) and it is still quite twitchy. Cheers :-)
OK, I'll try.

The V2 steering arms put the ball stud around 0.5mm away from the pivot (longer arm) and about 0.5mm nearer the centre line of the car than kit arms. This should slightly smooth out the steering, I haven't calculated the nominal change in ackerman from this but estimate around a 2 degree change.

The +2 steering arms move the ball stud 2mm closer to the centre line of the car along the original axis relative to the centre of the wheel.This significantly smooths out the steering at the loss of a bit of overall steering, perfect for astroturf. The nominal ackerman difference is approximately 6 degrees by my calculation.

I use the +2 arms almost everywhere.

OK, now the servo horn and bell-crank arm. I have to say I don't get it. For a given rotation of the servo you will get more displacement of the steering draglink for a longer servo arm which results in a a bigger change at the wheel for the same steering input on the transmitter. They then say use the outer hole on the bell crank plate which will reduce this effect but the change in the bell crank arm length verses the servo horn length is very slight (nearly 5:1) so it is hardly noticeable.

Personally I prefer to use the standard bell-crank position along with a kit length servo horn, if I want to reduce twitchiness a bit more then I'll run the outer bell crank hole with the kit length servo horn.

As for locations on the new rack the one you'll want to smooth the steering out most is the rear outer hole.
stueys likes this.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks again Roger for the explanation. I have refitted the +2 arms, and I
already have the ballstuds fitted in the rear holes of the rack. According to the press release, it says 'adjustable bellcrank arm (using shortest position)' which I took to mean the inner hole. This obviously required the end points turning down compared to the centre or kit bellcrank hole. That was all the info given on the new parts. I will try this next time out and see how I go :-)
Old 07-12-2018, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Got a email from Team Associated today that the B64D has been discontinued.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

B64.1D....maybe including all of the update parts?

just my .02

Scott
Old 07-12-2018, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sdphilips
B64.1D....maybe including all of the update parts?

just my .02

Scott
Probably the updated steering components and the shorter rear arms... Wonder if they will keep the same chassis or create a shorter chassis

Last edited by youngrigo; 07-12-2018 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by youngrigo
Probably the updated steering components and the shorter rear arms... Wonder if they will keep the same chassis or creative a shorter chassis
so guess I will wait for the new B64.1 then, instead of buying the B64 team.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BRSracing
Got a email from Team Associated today that the B64D has been discontinued.
I got the same email.

Last edited by antivert; 07-12-2018 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RogerM

Hi,
I raised the rack by 2mm, still needed 0.5mm on the rack to stop the ball cup hitting the rack at full compression. But bump steer is near zero now.
Much happier with the car.

Cheers for the info.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

If anyone is looking for a clean B64D I'm testing the waters to unload mine, finally got it dialed, but I don't like going back and forth from 2w to 4w. I posted a pic of my wiring a little back and since then dumped ~$100 in it, chrome shock shafts, new 10deg caster blocks, some Ti screws, PM if you'd like more pictures

Edit: Also just put on the new V2 steering rack and carbon fiber steering arms.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.