Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 07:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Ohhhh! Ahhhh!!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Nice buggy ! Not sure why a lot of people double up the towers though . Yet to break any .
Old 01-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anybody have a blue aluminum wing mount for sale for the XX-4? PM me and lets make a deal.

thanks....
Old 01-04-2010, 04:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Red face

Originally Posted by Briguy
Nice buggy ! Not sure why a lot of people double up the towers though . Yet to break any .
I run on 1/8 scale tracks and not well.... LOL
Old 01-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

Originally Posted by nrtv20
Paint looks great!

Do you use an airbrush and cut your own vinyls? It looks really slick and there is no shading necessary to draw your eye through the body!

Nice job!
Thanks but it's my friend who does all my paint schemes
he uses masking tape and paint cans
he is talented in painting with cans
Old 01-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by XXXDad
I run on 1/8 scale tracks and not well.... LOL
Check out the E-Speed/XFactory tower reinforcements. The cf they're made of effectively doubles the shock towers.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Good car to start 4wd?

I have the opportunity to buy a used xx-4. It is currently owned by a losi factory driver who keeps his equipment VERY clean. I often see him tearing his car half way apart, cleaning it, and putting it back together between heats!

The car comes with 2 extra chassis, some spare parts, and a HUGE box of tires.

I have only driven 2wd cars up until now. Over the last year my driving skills have improved where I now can compete with some of the fast guys in my area. All of the fast guys around here run 4wd during the summer outdoor season, so I definitely want to get a 4wd. Currently I run associated cars (b4 and t4).

Do you think the xx-4 would be a decent 4wd car for me to start with? What would be the biggest problem with getting parts? Would I be able to find any setup help anywhere? Are there different versions of the xx-4? which ones are best? Would the rear tires fit on my B4?

Thanks for any help...
Old 01-10-2010, 08:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Rasheed
I have the opportunity to buy a used xx-4. It is currently owned by a losi factory driver who keeps his equipment VERY clean. I often see him tearing his car half way apart, cleaning it, and putting it back together between heats!

I have only driven 2wd cars up until now. Over the last year my driving skills have improved where I now can compete with some of the fast guys in my area. All of the fast guys around here run 4wd during the summer outdoor season, so I definitely want to get a 4wd. Currently I run associated cars (b4 and t4).

Do you think the xx-4 would be a decent 4wd car for me to start with? What would be the biggest problem with getting parts? Would I be able to find any setup help anywhere? Are there different versions of the xx-4? which ones are best? Would the rear tires fit on my B4?

Thanks for any help...
xx-4 is very competitive... some say better than the xxx-4.
I have one for sale for $155 shipped!
Old 01-12-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Do you think the xx-4 would be a decent 4wd car for me to start with? What would be the biggest problem with getting parts? Would I be able to find any setup help anywhere? Are there different versions of the xx-4? Which ones are best? Would the rear tires fit on my B4?

Thanks for any help...
I think it’s a great car! If it was a decent price I would definitely get it! I have been running one for a few years and it handles like its on rails at our track! (Indoor clay) It handles better on rough tracks though! Some people complain about the car being fragile but I’ve never broken anything that has kept me from finishing a race. They are a lot of fun to drive!

Parts are easy to obtain, by that I mean that you can find any and order them online (horizon, losipartshouse); you just won’t find support in your local hobby shop (see below).

Set ups are easy to come by on this thread, also you should be able to search Jesse Roberts set up too.

As far as any different versions; there was a Worlds Edition for the kit but I don’t think they changed any geometry or anything drastic at all besides part material? Correct me if I'm way wrong but it should have just included all of the titanium and graphite goodies. There is a really good set up on the car that runs a XXX rear end so if for some reason XX-4 parts ran out you can always bump to XXX for the rear assembly.

The rear tires do fit a B4, my dad actually runs them on his 2wd car (mainly due to the fact that I run all Losi and he runs all A-team and I had the tires he needed for the track) I don’t know the exact offset difference but I’m sure it’s not ideal but it works.

Good luck!
Old 01-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anybody know if any of the Team Azarashi bodies will fit?
Old 01-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

also have a used xx-4 many new spare parts. new unpainted hot weather body. misc tires and rims. if any one interested!
Old 01-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

send me pics and info of the car for sale
Old 01-17-2010, 12:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thanks for any help...
Buy it Derek, it is a great car and when summer comes at Dave's, you will not regret it. There is a reason I keep a xx4 as my back-up car.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

WHAT HINGE PINS DO I NEED FOR THE B3 BRACE MOD I HAVE EVERYTHING DONE EXCEPT THE PINS ANYONE GOT A PART NUMBER
Old 01-25-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I used cut down shock shafts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.