Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree649Likes

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.

I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Originally Posted by kdub
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hsp-sandiego
Schelle b5 hubs? I have a Kit coming this weekend and am curious if the Schelle 5 series hubs i have will work.

looks pretty dialed!
They will work but you won't have axle height adjustability. The new B6 hubs from Schelle will have this feature.

http://www.schelleracing.com/Schelle...b-Blue-SCH1235
Old 11-30-2016, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
They will work but you won't have axle height adjustability. The new B6 hubs from Schelle will have this feature.

http://www.schelleracing.com/Schelle...b-Blue-SCH1235
thanks for the quick reply.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
I'm wondering if those ball stud/cups are running out of travel before the rest of the system does. It used to be that if this happened, it manifested by popping the ball cup off. Cups & ball studs are so strong these days that the failure point could've moved?
Nope, thats not it either, Ive got plenty of free travel, more than the shock will allow
Old 11-30-2016, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Scott R
I tried that too. Everything is smooth. I'm the only guy with running a B6 at the track right now, so I have no one to compare it to. I've also ripped out the rear inner camber link stud on my old B5m in the same place. The high amount of traction just puts a lot of stress on the camber links in that particular section
Which hole are you in? What "upgrades" have you put on the front end?
Old 11-30-2016, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Scott R, has this plastic been exposed to near freezing temperatures or lower? What's the temp when you are racing?
Old 11-30-2016, 01:58 PM
Tech Initiate

is there a site to get different anodizes screws for the B6? seen some people on here with full purple or gold screw setups. i like the blue just wanting to see if there are other options
Old 11-30-2016, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ibalderas
is there a site to get different anodizes screws for the B6? seen some people on here with full purple or gold screw setups. i like the blue just wanting to see if there are other options
http://www.fastener-express.com/
Old 11-30-2016, 06:03 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

hey guys, I must just be missing it but I am not following how the setting for the caster bushings are done relative to the setup sheets as there are two "lines" pointing to the axle height box.

is it basically the +3, +2, etc basically the top bushing?
Old 11-30-2016, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mason
Which hole are you in? What "upgrades" have you put on the front end?
Middle Hole, Its not breaking at a hole, its breaking at the thin area towards the shock tower
as far as "Upgrades" I run a brass bulkhead, Aluminum Steering, and Ti front axles, nothing out of the ordinary

Originally Posted by Mason
Scott R, has this plastic been exposed to near freezing temperatures or lower? What's the temp when you are racing?
I run indoors at ~70 degrees
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated B6 & B6D thread-20161130_205941.jpg   Team Associated B6 & B6D thread-20161130_210003.jpg  
Old 11-30-2016, 07:20 PM
Tech Legend

hey guys I noticed something strange when making a change on the laydown tranny.

When I went to assemble the vehicle together again, noticed that the rear ball stud mount seems like its too short to reach the tranny right. There is about 1.5mm or so gap between it and the laydown tranny as show in step 8.

Any ideas? I also want to put some washers there but that doesn't seem right based on the manual?

using the aluminum rear D mount if that helps
Old 11-30-2016, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
hey guys I noticed something strange when making a change on the laydown tranny.

When I went to assemble the vehicle together again, noticed that the rear ball stud mount seems like its too short to reach the tranny right. There is about 1.5mm or so gap between it and the laydown tranny as show in step 8.

Any ideas? I also want to put some washers there but that doesn't seem right based on the manual?

using the aluminum rear D mount if that helps
Is the tranny fully bolted down? the raised portion on the bottom of the diff portion of the case has to fit down into the chassis pocket. make sure it's fully seated. Also, is the bumper installed between the D mount and the chassis?
Old 11-30-2016, 08:47 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
Is the tranny fully bolted down? the raised portion on the bottom of the diff portion of the case has to fit down into the chassis pocket. make sure it's fully seated. Also, is the bumper installed between the D mount and the chassis?
lol its the bumper thanks!
Old 12-01-2016, 07:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (98%+)
Default 6 or 6d?

Hello, yes I know this is an old question, and has been covered before I am sure, picking up a kit and wondering if I should go with the laydown version b6? or standup b6d?,
out door track hard pack med. bite, mostly running 17.5 stock class, some indoor carpet possible... most likely outdoor

also is the schelle eliminator? a good route to go?
Old 12-01-2016, 07:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

anyone running a mod motor with the box stock kit? if I wanted to run mod, what a good package of upgrades to handle the torque and abuse of mod racing?
Old 12-01-2016, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by plumber007
Hello, yes I know this is an old question, and has been covered before I am sure, picking up a kit and wondering if I should go with the laydown version b6? or standup b6d?,
out door track hard pack med. bite, mostly running 17.5 stock class, some indoor carpet possible... most likely outdoor

also is the schelle eliminator? a good route to go?
Probably best to go with the D and spend the $27 on the laydown as a tuning option.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.