Search
Like Tree82Likes

Hot Bodies D216 1/10 2WD Buggy!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 03:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mustangkillaz
Pre mount are pretty easy if you grab tlr fronts. Probably available out there.

Exotek has a $50 aluminum chassis avail. Or stuffners for cf chassis.

Plenty of esc space and locations unless ur running a 1/8 scale speedo.

Battery set-up in several configurations if you look.
EOS pre-mounts are only AE offset. They literally can't run this car in that series. At least that's what I gather from a Ronnefalk interview I saw awhile back. Part of the reason he runs a B6 front end at the moment.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:23 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mx836
EOS pre-mounts are only AE offset. They literally can't run this car in that series. At least that's what I gather from a Ronnefalk interview I saw awhile back. Part of the reason he runs a B6 front end at the moment.
Schumacher sells the eos tires without the wheel. If they wouldn't let you glue up a set of the right tires to the wheels you need for the D216 to be able to race, then they seriously need their head examined. You could even glue the tires up in front of someone to make sure you're not pulling any funny business. There is a workable solution if you take a step back and think about it.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lukeman269
seems the carbon fiber chassis used on this kit has some flex. On loose surfaces, flex helps the car with traction over the bumpy stuff (less bouncy). This car is oriented for dirt racing so I think that is why they chose carbon fiber.

I have yet to try the aluminum chassis out on mine yet. I ordered one so I can see the difference in how the car handles. I'm sure the aluminum chassis will feel more planted and consistent. Only downside is the added weight. Maybe thats the other reason they went with CF. Less weight.
I am going with the aluminum chassis from the get go. I had a 4wd buggy years ago with a carbon chassis and it didn't hold up well on rough tracks. Besides battle scars, it flexed enough to strip spur gears.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:56 PM
Tech Prophet

HB has some good carbon chassis my D413 has tons of runs and marks under it but no cracks or anything. Yea the extra flex can strip spur gears which is why i have the Exotek spur gear.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Getting through my build. Light-years ahead of my B6 as far as innovation.
Being a mechanical designer, I found the engineering to be amazing.
The build instructions aren't stellar (not the worse I've seen) and I got hung up on the slipper but figured it out pretty quick.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:34 PM
Tech Rookie

I've got two coming this week. One brand new and a used one (spare parts!) I picked up on here. Can't wait to get to building and racing! Thanks for all the information on this buggy.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dhc8guru
Getting through my build. Light-years ahead of my B6 as far as innovation.
Being a mechanical designer, I found the engineering to be amazing.
The build instructions aren't stellar (not the worse I've seen) and I got hung up on the slipper but figured it out pretty quick.
Slipper diagram sucks
Old 01-15-2018, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Agreed, the slipper diagram, in fact most of the manual is very, very poor quality. And I know because I was a professional technical illustrator for over 30 years.
So...I did a quick sectional view through the slipper assembly showing how it works. Hopefully this will help people. Took me a few goes to get it right myself (and I'm still not 100% sure now!).
HB, your cars are awesome - your manuals SUCK!

Lukeman269 likes this.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

Most of the manual is spot on imo. There are vague areas, such as this. Manual will make sense to seasoned builders, beginner types may find some areas confusing.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Arrow

I am also like The HB D216 purebred race machine that could revolutionize 2WD off-road racing.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by tony gray
Agreed, the slipper diagram, in fact most of the manual is very, very poor quality. And I know because I was a professional technical illustrator for over 30 years.
So...I did a quick sectional view through the slipper assembly showing how it works. Hopefully this will help people. Took me a few goes to get it right myself (and I'm still not 100% sure now!).

Thanks! I'm sure this will come in handy during my build this weekend!
Old 01-16-2018, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tony gray

Just what I needed two days ago...LOL! Glad you posted it though so others have it available. When I was putting it together, I was wondering why they didn't put a view like this in the diagram.

On another note. Has anyone bought parts direct from HB? I noticed just about every part is in stock. I did notice the shipping charges were very high but probably if you bought enough stock it would be worth it. Definitely better than having a broke buggy you can't get parts for.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dhc8guru
Just what I needed two days ago...LOL! Glad you posted it though so others have it available. When I was putting it together, I was wondering why they didn't put a view like this in the diagram.

On another note. Has anyone bought parts direct from HB? I noticed just about every part is in stock. I did notice the shipping charges were very high but probably if you bought enough stock it would be worth it. Definitely better than having a broke buggy you can't get parts for.
Hb direct pricing is full retail plus ship. Hard to justify unless an emergency. Amain and absolute are usually lower.
tc5 man likes this.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mustangkillaz
Hb direct pricing is full retail plus ship. Hard to justify unless an emergency. Amain and absolute are usually lower.
I saw yesterday Amain got some new stock so I bought a few spares. Parts I think may break.

Amain now have the kits bumped up to $195. I have seen the as low as $165 (without a coupon). There algorithm must see them selling and has bumped the price up.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:17 PM
Tech Rookie

It just dawned on my I need to get some pinion gears. I tried looking back through the thread but couldn't really find anything. Can I get some opinions on a range to get for 17.5 stock class? Running on Astro and Carpet. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.