Like Tree82Likes

Hot Bodies D216 1/10 2WD Buggy!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Cool Hot Bodies D216 1/10 2WD Buggy!

Hot Bodies 2wd buggy - in a class of it's own
The HB D216 is a pure bred race machine that could revolutionize 2WD off-road racing with its unique features and extreme durability. Sharing the triangulated shock towers, 12mm Big Bore V2 shocks and other details with the multiple ROAR Champion D413, the D216 is much more than a D413 with the front transmission removed. Featuring a triple slipper clutch, adjustable 2-piece caster blocks, mid-motor 3-gear transmission, combined with multiple servo, wing and battery positions.

The narrow carbon fiber chassis allows both transversal or longitudinal battery positions, and the mid-motor-only design provides nimble handling with maximum steering and rear traction. The carbon fiber battery strap and its orange anodized aluminum brace add additional stiffness to the rear of the chassis. The distinct mid-mounted transmission encloses a 3-gear transmission for the most efficient drivetrain possible, with an externally adjustable, large diameter triple slipper clutch. The high volume gear differential is easy to remove from the transmission case for tuning, and can be replaced with an optional ball diff if needed.

The ESC is mounted to the side of the transmission case which helps eliminate the weight of excessive wiring and allows plenty of air flow to keep the ESC cool. The suspension design is an evolution of the D413, with triangulated shock tower mounts, minimalist carbon fiber shock towers, and aluminum camber link plates being some of the obvious design features of the suspension. The biggest single feature, however, are the 2-piece adjustable caster blocks, which allow you to quickly adapt the car to different driving conditions without needing to install different parts. Another innovation is the hinge boss design that sandwiches the hinge pin box between the two halves of the strong and lightweight monococque suspension arms, to make the car super durable and highly adjustable.

D216 Features:

Mid-motor 2WD fully-featured racing buggy kit
Woven graphite carbon fiber chassis with carbon fiber side braces
Centralized low weight distribution
Superb chassis balance with increased transitional agility
Fully enclosed 3-gear mid-mounted transmission
Triple plate externally adjustable large diameter slipper clutch
Multiple battery mounting positions to adjust weight balance adjustable fore and aft as well as left to right
Brand new 2-piece adjustable caster blocks to change kingpin angle
Monococque suspension arms with innovative hinge boss design
Aluminum camber link plates
Threaded aluminum 12mm Big Bore V2 coil over shocks
Extra-rugged triangulated shock tower mounts
Fully adjustable suspension with sway bars, multiple camber links, track width, ride height
Multiple servo mounting options to adjust weight balance
Steel turnbuckles with extra-long rod ends for increased durability
Extra-large gear differential
Easy-access differential
HB universal dogbones
Aluminum hex wheel adapters
Completely fitted with ball bearings
Hook and loop body mounting
Adjustable wing height
Parts compatibility with the D413, including shocks, rear hubs, CVDs, wing mounts, arm mounts and more
Wide array of tuning options include longitudinal battery mounting set, ball differential, long wheelbase chassis, multiple Ackermann arms, rear wings, shock springs, rear shock tower and arm mounts

12-5-2015
On Tower Hobbies site:
Late Feb $379.99
1-10-2016
shock build video 216 Tessmann
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies D216 1/10 2WD Buggy!-6.jpg   Hot Bodies D216 1/10 2WD Buggy!-1.jpg   Hot Bodies D216 1/10 2WD Buggy!-2.jpg   Hot Bodies D216 1/10 2WD Buggy!-3.jpg   Hot Bodies D216 1/10 2WD Buggy!-4.jpg  

Last edited by nmdesertracer; 01-27-2016 at 03:48 AM.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:11 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Should call it the D217 based on typical Hot Bodies release cycles.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:27 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Should be able to get parts for it by the time the D220 comes out
Old 07-21-2015, 10:08 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 123 (97%+)

I'm trying to get a grasp on this new generation of "instant gratification" attitudes with regards to our beloved sport.....

i side with the manufacturers, and if there are delays, it's usually because they have discovered a problem, want to fix it, and release a close to perfect car/truck. I could only imagine if the vehicles were rushed to market and flaws surfaced, the volume of fb, twitter, vine, instagram, etc...would be endless.

If i only could have a time machine and put most of you in it and go back to 1986 and show you what r/c racing was...new cars came out and you hoped that not only the package had all the pieces, they would fit, and pray that you didnt have to find a friend who was a machinist....

so patience is actually on our side...look how well the tlr,hb, ae and kyosho products are performing these days...

so lets race.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dominick i.
I'm trying to get a grasp on this new generation of "instant gratification" attitudes with regards to our beloved sport.....

i side with the manufacturers, and if there are delays, it's usually because they have discovered a problem, want to fix it, and release a close to perfect car/truck. I could only imagine if the vehicles were rushed to market and flaws surfaced, the volume of fb, twitter, vine, instagram, etc...would be endless.

If i only could have a time machine and put most of you in it and go back to 1986 and show you what r/c racing was...new cars came out and you hoped that not only the package had all the pieces, they would fit, and pray that you didnt have to find a friend who was a machinist....

so patience is actually on our side...look how well the tlr,hb, ae and kyosho products are performing these days...

so lets race.
+1 Have some patience
Old 07-21-2015, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

If i only could have a time machine and put most of you in it and go back to 1986 and show you what r/c racing was...new cars came out and you hoped that not only the package had all the pieces, they would fit, and pray that you didnt have to find a friend who was a machinist.....
i'm sure some one that was apart of any hobby 30yrs prior to today could say the same things. the problem isn't our lack of patience, its the lack of HB to keep up with what every other brand is capable of doing. KYO, AE, TLR and others may take some time to get the kit out of the door but when they do you can get parts.

No one brand is perfect and i'm sure they all have blemishes on their records however, HB has continually had this problem for what, the last 3-5 kits they've rolled out (on and offroad)
Old 07-21-2015, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

But hb start from a blank sheet with the D413, as it seems D413 and D216 share some common parts, one can expect a better availability.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:56 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Parts from HB have always been hard to get even back to when I ran the Cyclone touring car. Accidents happen so extra parts are nice to have.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carter Flotron
+1 Have some patience
as for delays I would think that the vast majority of delays in a new release are in an effort to keep the cost moderate in either manufacturing or distribution. Tooling up a new line is a major investment.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think it is hard to be excited about something when you know it is an excellent product that you would love to have, but don't want to bother because there is a proven history of not being able to source parts (some for an extended period of time). I would so be running a D413 right now and probably be chomping at the bit to get a D216 as well if I didn't know of the parts problem.

If HB could get their parts inventory problems solved, prove it, and get some enthusiasm out there, I am betting a lot of AE folks would be jumping ship. Will it ever happen? Who knows.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carter Flotron
+1 Have some patience
Old 07-21-2015, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Old 07-21-2015, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Do u get pleasure from starting a new thread for a new car?

Can you constantly update the first post to include part numbers, upgrades, build guide, tips, FAQ......etc?
Old 07-21-2015, 08:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

YES,maybe and No!
Old 07-21-2015, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

so lets race.
I was there and with certain cars that was the issue but I bet it's almost as easy to keep a Kyosho Optima stocked with parts as it is a d413. Lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.