Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree82Likes

Hot Bodies D216 1/10 2WD Buggy!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Transmission update: I have beat on this car for over a year trying to break the transmission (which is said to be a weak point) and after taking it apart for inspection I found next to no wear on the gears. I’ve run this buggy on moist loamy dirt and dry hard pack mostly with a few days at a high grip clay track for good measure. Comparing the gears side by side with new gears I could hardly tell a difference so I left the originals in after cleaning the old grease off. I installed the Exotec aluminum top shaft gear when the car was new and put a few dabs of Mobile One synthetic grease on the gears. I did make a pair of carbon side plates that help hold the front and back of the transmission case together because of all the stripped gear stories I read. I can’t say that these even did anything to make it stronger. This car works really great on low/ med traction dirt right out of the box.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rlmxracer
Transmission update: I have beat on this car for over a year trying to break the transmission (which is said to be a weak point) and after taking it apart for inspection I found next to no wear on the gears. I’ve run this buggy on moist loamy dirt and dry hard pack mostly with a few days at a high grip clay track for good measure. Comparing the gears side by side with new gears I could hardly tell a difference so I left the originals in after cleaning the old grease off. I installed the Exotec aluminum top shaft gear when the car was new and put a few dabs of Mobile One synthetic grease on the gears. I did make a pair of carbon side plates that help hold the front and back of the transmission case together because of all the stripped gear stories I read. I can’t say that these even did anything to make it stronger. This car works really great on low/ med traction dirt right out of the box.
I get more mileage on plastic idler than I did with exotek idler gear. The aluminum was soft and chewed itself up to a sharp mess and took out diff case teeth. Just a film of graphite lube has done me well.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mustangkillaz
I get more mileage on plastic idler than I did with exotek idler gear. The aluminum was soft and chewed itself up to a sharp mess and took out diff case teeth. Just a film of graphite lube has done me well.
Yes I avoided their idler because running two metal gears together never works out unless they are bathed in oil. Their top gear seem fine as long as it’s against a nonmetal idler.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

little update been running strong and hard indoors on high grip carpet, took a tiny knock to the front and managed to snap a shock shaft which was a pain as i had to revert back to the std front shocks , otherwise going well still and fixing it with cars it shouldn't be!! back out this weekend with it on the same surface, d418 shocks will be back on the front and new boots on the rear.

Old 01-15-2020, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default 2wd

Is there any rumors on a new 2wd coming out at all. I tried looking at hb USA site and can not find anything the only thing I see is 216 coming soon.
Old 01-15-2020, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

Rumors? Yes. Rumor's been going around for more than a year now though so it's still at that. I think many were hopeful that there would be news on it after the Euros. When that came and went, it was the Worlds. Now that has come and gone too and it's all just speculation when it's going to come. David Ronnefalk mentioned in a video late last year that they were actually either in or close to production, but then there was a production issue that they need to resolve. So take that for what it's worth. Don't get me wrong, I'm not super-sour on HB (although, can't say the same for everyone) and I still love driving the D418. I've just sort of forgotten about the 2WD at this point. Will be really interested to see it if it does come out though.
imrob likes this.
Old 12-03-2022, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Hi all,

Does anyone knows how to change the front shock tower to the same as below photo one ?

Old 12-04-2022, 01:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foosoomin
Hi all,

Does anyone knows how to change the front shock tower to the same as below photo one ?

Sure. You have to buy the new Hb racing D2Evo lol. The car pictured above was one of the test mules for the recently released car, it literally has zero parts from a d216 on it. Why I kept asking the Facebook page at the time to change to banner picture as there was no relevance to the car the page was for 👍
Old 12-04-2022, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

if we use D418 front 12mm thin wheel hex on this buggy, will any wheels fall off easily, while buggy running ?
Old 12-06-2022, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mustangkillaz
Good for dirt, needs some tweaking for med to high traction. Lots of droop out the box.
@mustangkillaz,

thank you for highlighting the droop issue
Old 12-07-2022, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Can D216 use D2 Evo wheel hub system ? It seems can

Old 12-12-2022, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

heard that this buggy has a lot of droop.

How do you solve this issue ?
Old 12-12-2022, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I don't have a 216, but assuming that it doesn't have droop screws, then you can screw in the shock ends as much as possible. If you still need to limit droop further, the next step would be to add internal limiters on the shock shaft - something like a small piece of fuel tubing. You can use o rings too, but make sure they aren't so big as to cover the holes in the piston.
Old 12-17-2022, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

anyone using other front axle ?

If yes, can introduce which one !!!
Old 12-31-2022, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

hi experts,

Any other brand of wing mount we can use ?