Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Lost sun gear washer

While rebuilding my center diff I lost one of the washers behind the sun gear(small one). HB does not sell just the washer. I would have to buy a whole diff!! Any suggestions what might work. Thanks.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

AMain sells all kinds of diff shims: http://www.amainhobbies.com/search?s...s&fb=209&lg=fb

Just measure one of the factory ones with your calipers and see if any of those match. These are the just the ProTek ones that list the sizes. There are others that I'm sure could match.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lala4fire
While rebuilding my center diff I lost one of the washers behind the sun gear(small one). HB does not sell just the washer. I would have to buy a whole diff!! Any suggestions what might work. Thanks.
X ray , kyosho, and yokomo tend to sell parts like that individually . You may have some luck just ordering 4 of them
Old 02-05-2016, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

OK guys don't have a track close. Does any one chassis work for all conditions? Like a loose loamy track, med to high bite and carpet/astro.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc-racer75
OK guys don't have a track close. Does any one chassis work for all conditions? Like a loose loamy track, med to high bite and carpet/astro.
The schelle +4 carbon has worked for me on a small high bite and med to large outdoor track. I installed the +4 aluminum chassis but have not tried it yet.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skyline1015
The schelle +4 carbon has worked for me on a small high bite and med to large outdoor track. I installed the +4 aluminum chassis but have not tried it yet.
Thanks for the input I have schelle CF chassis, but got another buggy comiong with the aluminum schelle chassis. Let me know how it works for you. I also have an avid chassis just for the option.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

New guy got a question for you guys. Just built the car and everything runs pretty good except sometimes when im on full throttle from the start or on something high grip like the road. The car will accelerate at a much slower rate and make a higher than normal high pitch squeal noise. If I back off the throttle a bit it catches again and just takes off flying like it should. Any thoughts?
Old 02-06-2016, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ordered a new front gear box set as mine have been stripping every trip out. I ordered new shims as well gonna go down from where it was. Last straw for this car which is a bummer because I love this car. But I'm not running a car I can't rely on. Looking at the DEX410V5...
Old 02-06-2016, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ogmudbum
New guy got a question for you guys. Just built the car and everything runs pretty good except sometimes when im on full throttle from the start or on something high grip like the road. The car will accelerate at a much slower rate and make a higher than normal high pitch squeal noise. If I back off the throttle a bit it catches again and just takes off flying like it should. Any thoughts?

check for dust around the spur? sounds like your mesh might not be set. also double check the shimming in the front and rear diffs. ensure they are to the manuals spec.
if its the spur.. might as well buy the exotech. and make sure you placed the set screw in the motor mount that acts as a hold down screw.. I missed this step and only this step when building and it cost me 2 spurs.. but has been solid since finding it...
Old 02-06-2016, 05:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rregl0612
check for dust around the spur? sounds like your mesh might not be set. also double check the shimming in the front and rear diffs. ensure they are to the manuals spec.
if its the spur.. might as well buy the exotech. and make sure you placed the set screw in the motor mount that acts as a hold down screw.. I missed this step and only this step when building and it cost me 2 spurs.. but has been solid since finding it...
There is no dust she is brand new. My set screw was not set actually soo thank you, but i just took it for a spin after tightening that down and still the same. I did all your other recommendations earlier today... Thank you
Old 02-08-2016, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mvrk28
ordered a new front gear box set as mine have been stripping every trip out. I ordered new shims as well gonna go down from where it was. Last straw for this car which is a bummer because I love this car. But I'm not running a car I can't rely on. Looking at the DEX410V5...
Dang, that sucks and sorry to hear. I haven't seen or heard of any issues with them in my area and there are about 6 to 8 of them at our track alone.
Still on the original set here and thats been well over a year now even with a lot of outdoor running on some 1/8 tracks too
Old 02-08-2016, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by snwchris
Dang, that sucks and sorry to hear. I haven't seen or heard of any issues with them in my area and there are about 6 to 8 of them at our track alone.
Still on the original set here and thats been well over a year now even with a lot of outdoor running on some 1/8 tracks too
It's a real bummer man, I ordered some smaller shims though gonna see if I can get some more thread in there and see what happens. Hoping it all works out and the D413 stays.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

Definitely sounds like a build error..........mine is on its second season on high bite surfaces and no noise or stripping out. Check the bearings for wobble too..........
Old 02-08-2016, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Definitely sounds like a build error..........mine is on its second season on high bite surfaces and no noise or stripping out. Check the bearings for wobble too..........
Most definitely not a build error, built the car per the manual and ran it for almost a full season before this started happening.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

It's a real bummer man, I ordered some smaller shims though gonna see if I can get some more thread in there and see what happens. Hoping it all works out and the D413 stays.
Most definitely not a build error, built the car per the manual and ran it for almost a full season before this started happening.
So ... Just to clarify .... You ran the car for a whole season with no front end issues , then all of a sudden it stripped out ? The diff and bevel gear stripped ? what exactly was damaged ? Your going to shim it with smaller shims ? to get more "thread " in it ? what are you saying here , what threads ? How many times has this happened ? What do you think caused the damage ? If it lasted a year , and nothing ( NOTHING ? ) changed , and now your having problems then I assume you have a theory , share it with us so we know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.