Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 06:17 PM
Dal
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Dumb question from hb noob
how do I do my pinion gear grub screw up, after the first motor plate is put onto motor?
do i need to drill a hole in the motor mount (that screws onto the motor) to get to the grub screw?
Its ok if im using a small pinion, as the gear fits through the hole in the motor plate, but any bigger pinion, will need to be put on motor after the motor plate.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dal
Dumb question from hb noob
how do I do my pinion gear grub screw up, after the first motor plate is put onto motor?
do i need to drill a hole in the motor mount (that screws onto the motor) to get to the grub screw?
Its ok if im using a small pinion, as the gear fits through the hole in the motor plate, but any bigger pinion, will need to be put on motor after the motor plate.
This seems to depend on what type of pinion you run. I had to take a dremel and notch out a spot to get access at the grub screw on the pinion.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chadg
This seems to depend on what type of pinion you run. I had to take a dremel and notch out a spot to get access at the grub screw on the pinion.
+ 1. 21 pinion Robinson
Old 05-03-2015, 03:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Well I got to race with the new schelle +4 chassis Saturday at our first round of summer seires. I first impression was it's ok and didn't think it was that good of an upgrade. I decided to run the race with it and see if it grew on me. I qualified 6th out of 3 full heats in the first round. The 2nd round I did not do so good and dropped to 8th so still in the A main. In the main the track was a little dryer then is was early in the day. I ended the day with a last place finish in the A main.

In my opinion the chassis did not make the buggy better. It jumped nose up and I lost too much corner entry steering. It did make the buggy more stable but too stable for me. It took too much of the nimble out of the buggy. I am going to give it another try in 2 weeks just to be sure that I still feel the same way. This is just my opinion on this chassis and many others find this chassis to be a great improvement over the stock chassis.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by egobrkr
Well I got to race with the new schelle +4 chassis Saturday at our first round of summer seires. I first impression was it's ok and didn't think it was that good of an upgrade. I decided to run the race with it and see if it grew on me. I qualified 6th out of 3 full heats in the first round. The 2nd round I did not do so good and dropped to 8th so still in the A main. In the main the track was a little dryer then is was early in the day. I ended the day with a last place finish in the A main.

In my opinion the chassis did not make the buggy better. It jumped nose up and I lost too much corner entry steering. It did make the buggy more stable but too stable for me. It took too much of the nimble out of the buggy. I am going to give it another try in 2 weeks just to be sure that I still feel the same way. This is just my opinion on this chassis and many others find this chassis to be a great improvement over the stock chassis.

What setup are you running? The chassis pushed for me running the setup I started out with but after two changes after my first battery the car was clearly the fastest 4wd on the track. The car is stable and still has that nimble feeling. I'm sure an adjustment here and there will have you where you want to be..
Old 05-03-2015, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (98%+)

So I did some maintenance on the buggy to get it ready for racing tiday. I redid the diffs so they were 10k front 100k center and 5k rear. Not sure what was in there before. The car did seem to rotate through the corners better and I was able to carry more speed. I did notice that the front tires were ballooning under full power. Should I go up on the front diff fluid or is some of the ballooning expected?
The changed the shock fluid as well. Shocks are set up as emulsion. Front I put 40 wt with stock pistons and silver springs. Rear I put 35 wt stock pistons with yellow springs. The car seemed to bottom out easily on the jumps. Would it be better to go higher on shock fluid or do a heavier spring change?
Thanks for the help.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
What setup are you running? The chassis pushed for me running the setup I started out with but after two changes after my first battery the car was clearly the fastest 4wd on the track. The car is stable and still has that nimble feeling. I'm sure an adjustment here and there will have you where you want to be..
I am running my own setup. I am going to give it another try and see if I can make it better with some changes.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default spare shock shaft treasure hunt

Bent a front shock shaft. My bad, big jump,llaunched crooked and hit a metal polemic mid air.

Anyway, AMAIN on back order until at least May 15. Any other place or any other brand that can swap in directly?
Old 05-03-2015, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wheres_yogi
So I did some maintenance on the buggy to get it ready for racing tiday. I redid the diffs so they were 10k front 100k center and 5k rear. Not sure what was in there before. The car did seem to rotate through the corners better and I was able to carry more speed. I did notice that the front tires were ballooning under full power. Should I go up on the front diff fluid or is some of the ballooning expected?
The changed the shock fluid as well. Shocks are set up as emulsion. Front I put 40 wt with stock pistons and silver springs. Rear I put 35 wt stock pistons with yellow springs. The car seemed to bottom out easily on the jumps. Would it be better to go higher on shock fluid or do a heavier spring change?
Thanks for the help.
I'd go up to 40 in rear with stock pistons and the springs are fine.what would really help is the 2 hole pistons then u could run 35 in rear..I'm 40 35 and 2 hole pistons 1.6 1.7 works great and my diffs are same as yours and works great.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:18 AM
Dal
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

does anyone know of a 14mm hex, that will fit on the front axles and rear, so I can run durango or xray wheels, as I have heaps of them.
Or a mod that will work, im looking at drilling out the durango hexs
Old 05-04-2015, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by egobrkr
I am running my own setup. I am going to give it another try and see if I can make it better with some changes.
With my Schelle chassis I'm running the older Reedy Setup with minor adjustments. Diffs 7-100-5 on med-high bite. I also put my ESC in back and RC up front, the battery moved back one position as well.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wheres_yogi
Thanks for the help.
To keep the front tires from ballooning under power you would need to go up on center diff oil. I'm surprised to hear that. I just went up to 100K in my center and that thing is stiff. Haven't run it yet though.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Cooling fan for the motor

Under the hood photos of Tessman's car show he is using an additional cooling fan (Muchmore) for the Orion Motor. Is the fan pulling heat away from the motor or blowing cool air on the face of the motor?
Old 05-04-2015, 09:42 PM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy
Under the hood photos of Tessman's car show he is using an additional cooling fan (Muchmore) for the Orion Motor. Is the fan pulling heat away from the motor or blowing cool air on the face of the motor?
If this is the photo you're referring to then the fan is blowing cool air onto the motor.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I noticed that on David Ronnefalk's car at round 3 of the 2015 EOS series he used a carbon fibre chassis, as shown here http://eos.redrc.net/2015/03/chassis...d-ronnefalk-2/. I was just wondering if anyone has any insights into this, as I thought the Avid aluminium chassis is ideal for high grip indoor carpet tracks? I just ordered the Avid chassis because I am going to be racing on a high grip outdoor astroturf track in a few weeks, and from what I have read I figured this would be far better than the stock carbon fibre chassis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.