Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Schwarta
Just a quick question? I'm currently rebuilding my shocks with the vrp pistons and x-rings, do I use both washers on either side of the piston?

Thanks,
Iain
Yes use all of the stock hardware.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

FYI....kyosho ball studs are same size as HB....in case your having trouble finding some
Old 05-20-2015, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've been running the original Reedy setup since September with couple minor tweaks. It flat out performs and easy to drive. Get the Traxxas Xrings for the shocks too, butter smooth

Last edited by snwchris; 05-20-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have this past Reedy setup on my buggy for next week. Gonna take my talents to OCRC ;-)
Old 05-21-2015, 11:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default loose track setup

I searched a lot of setup sheets but have not found one for a very loose track. The track I run on is hard packed but usually dusty making it very difficult to get forward traction and keeping the car straight. It is like I am driving a 2 wheel drive car. I am currently running 15/100/5 diff fluids and pretty much the stock shorty setup. Any suggestions on how I can get the front of the car to work harder?
Old 05-21-2015, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jjl1
I searched a lot of setup sheets but have not found one for a very loose track. The track I run on is hard packed but usually dusty making it very difficult to get forward traction and keeping the car straight. It is like I am driving a 2 wheel drive car. I am currently running 15/100/5 diff fluids and pretty much the stock shorty setup. Any suggestions on how I can get the front of the car to work harder?
what shock oils? what tires?
Old 05-21-2015, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Here's the track I ran at last week for first time outdoors with the D413. My car has the original Reedy setup still on it, with HB Red springs front 40wt Losi and HB Gold springs rear with 35wt Losi, running 7-100-5 for the diffs. I also run the 2x1.6 pistons. So far for this track the car felt planted and really liked Impacts and Chainlinks for tires.

Watch "Shay's Rc Park practice session" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/fUn6Z9m9jOk

Last edited by snwchris; 05-21-2015 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

the first thing is you have to have the right tire and break in method "ask the local fast people"

Next thing I would change is go to ty's gunsmoke setup

From there change the front upper link to the inside hole "long" and move the battery to the far back spot. other then that the car should be really close. also to thick of front diff can settle the car but also give you more on power steering which can be hard to drive on a loose track so maybe go to 10k. no front sway bar either and copper in the rear.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:01 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Lower your center diff to 60-80k oil.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by yzracer758
Lower your center diff to 60-80k oil.
Wouldn't it be the opposite? You would want to lock up the center diff more so you'd want to go to a heavier oil? This would help keep the front wheels from unloading to easily and "diffing" out.

When the oil is too lite in the center diff the power gets transferred to the path of least resistance which is typically the front wheels under acceleration causing them to just spin. This sounds like you're making the front work more but what you're really doing is causing power to be transferred to where there is no traction.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:44 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VegasHB
Wouldn't it be the opposite? You would want to lock up the center diff more so you'd want to go to a heavier oil? This would help keep the front wheels from unloading to easily and "diffing" out.

When the oil is too lite in the center diff the power gets transferred to the path of least resistance which is typically the front wheels under acceleration causing them to just spin. This sounds like you're making the front work more but what you're really doing is causing power to be transferred to where there is no traction.
No...

The car will be harder to drive on a slippery track with thicker fluid.

Example:

Tessmann Worlds setup (Sugar Track/Super High Bite): 300k Center oil

Tessmann OCRC setup (Indoor clay Medium/High Bite) 100k Center Oil
Old 05-21-2015, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I have this past Reedy setup on my buggy for next week. Gonna take my talents to OCRC ;-)
You will have fun! the track layout is fast and flowing. The double in the middle is REALLY easy to overshot. You can whip it pretty good as the lip pops yea.

FYI I changed his 2015 Ready race set up just a tad for this layout.

2 mm of limiters in the rear shocks and 1 degree of anti squat to keep the back end from coming around off power on the sweeper/roller after the straight.

I use Gold Dirt Webs front and rear with AKA foams.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VegasHB

Originally Posted by T. Deguzman
15/100/3.

I usually leave the F/R alone the go between 60-100-300 in the center. I have 100 most of the time but if the conditions are loose I go 60. If there's a huge quad I have trouble clearing then I go 300.
A rule of thumb I tend to follow is "the higher the traction the thicker the oil; the lower the traction the thinner the oil".
Old 05-21-2015, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by yzracer758
No...

The car will be harder to drive on a slippery track with thicker fluid.

Example:

Tessmann Worlds setup (Sugar Track/Super High Bite): 300k Center oil

Tessmann OCRC setup (Indoor clay Medium/High Bite) 100k Center Oil
First...I friggin love Tekin and your customer service

Second...You're correct, seems in general that the looser the track the lighter the oil, however it comes down to an acceleration vs driveability thing on loose tracks. Thicker oil increases acceleration overall so the OP might be hunting for something more than just the center diff.

Here's what I have from the googles

Originally Posted by thegoogles
Center
Thinner
• Front wheels unload more during acceleration
• Decreases on-power steering (reduces oversteer)
• Easier to drive on rough tracks
• If a high-power engine is used you could waste too
much power and sometime “cook” the oil in the center
differential because it “overloads”
• More off-power steering
Thicker
• More all-wheel drive effect
• Better acceleration
• Increases on-power steering (reduces understeer)
• Better suited on high-bite, smooth tracks
• Car can be more nervous to drive especially if a high
power engine is used - you might need to be smooth on
the throttle
Old 05-21-2015, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

torrence, if you still follow this thread, can you tell me if you plan on selling the aluminum shock standoffs separately? one of mine broke.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.