Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 01:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Traxxas shock shafts will work as well.....if you can't find those, well then there is no helping you.

Are you guys lazy or ignorant?
Old 02-08-2015, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Front shock shafts for those of you that don't know what Google is

http://www.redrockhobbies.com/Hot-Bo.../hbs113139.htm
Old 02-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

All this thread has been is people complaining about parts support, you look up the part on one website and sonce they don't have it the whole world is out of stock? Myself and others have posted multiple links of all the parts that no one could find and it took me all off 5 minutes to search the part number on Google. And now because some people choose to be lazy and post how impossible parts are to find its turning away others who may have wanted to try the buggy.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by savageboy69
All this thread has been is people complaining about parts support, you look up the part on one website and sonce they don't have it the whole world is out of stock? Myself and others have posted multiple links of all the parts that no one could find and it took me all off 5 minutes to search the part number on Google. And now because some people choose to be lazy and post how impossible parts are to find its turning away others who may have wanted to try the buggy.
I was almost swayed away from the buggy. It is definitely not ideal that tower and amain don't have the parts at the ready, I'm pretty much 1 day shipping away from either one. For me the reason I was going to get something else was the amount of time I was having to wait to get the car. Can't say I would have gone x Ray or Durango though, the Kyosho would have gotten my money.

Luckily I will have my D413 this week. Let's just say I can wait to get my D dirty.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by CaseyD
Kyow5184 42mm. I'm not sure what all info you needed though? well you would be assuming correctly, that's why you should measure your remaining good front shock shaft and then choose any brand that uses a 3mm shock shaft with a length as close as possible to the one you need, I just happened to use Kyosho since I run an rb6 I could always recycle the shafts onto that. You're going to need to run 2.5mm internal limiters and no more than 24mm shock stroke. Don't know the part number but it's the traxxas slash spring cups.
Thanks Casey

Some of us on this site are not that experienced with RC cars and I come here to try and learn from more experienced drivers. It is frustrating sometimes when things are not adequately explained. I hope you did not take my post the wrong way. Some us on this forum are ignorant but ignorance can be cured. I encourage the more experienced drivers to have patience and provide more detail that will help we newbies.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can not wait to get one of these!
Old 02-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjl1
Thanks Casey

Some of us on this site are not that experienced with RC cars and I come here to try and learn from more experienced drivers. It is frustrating sometimes when things are not adequately explained. I hope you did not take my post the wrong way. Some us on this forum are ignorant but ignorance can be cured. I encourage the more experienced drivers to have patience and provide more detail that will help we newbies.
Ok. Not a problem, just wanted to better understand with whom we are dealing. Ask any questions you have. I'm ignorant on how to post stuff....

Nick can you post your setup again please....

I would also go to ty tessman.com and find his current reedy setup.

I'm using NV's setup currently. I can walk you through any questions as to how to get these setups on your car.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jjl1
Thanks Casey

No problem, wasn't trying to be a punk. I just don't want people running and trying something they are not comfortable with or maybe don't know how to do and then mess their cars up, come back on here and be like so and so said to do this and it would work.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just finished my kit tonight, awesome build! I don't have the right sized battery or the body cut out yet but I managed to take it for a little test drive real quick out on the street with a square battery sticking out of the side.

It's my first 4WD car and I love it, can't wait to finish up the loose ends and get it to the track!
Old 02-09-2015, 12:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Anyone have a line on a kit? They seem to be on back order everywhere...
Old 02-09-2015, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would love to know how some are breaking the front tower and shafts...

So for those that have shelf queens and want to complain, put your buggy up forsale, I know people looking for them and would gladly buy them and get the parts to fix them.

As far as parts, I've posted links to other places, but apparently if its not at Tower or Amain, everyone gives up hope. Google search works wonders for finding parts. So weird the other day when people said they could find shock shafts, a 5min Google search and I found two websites that had them.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

Now back to talking how great this buggy is on the track and how fun it is to drive.
I changed my setup a little and was able to push the buggy a little harder.

Updated my setup a little this past weekend, changed front and rear springs and cut off almost 0.5 secs off some of my fast laps and lap times. Now this change might not work for everyone and everyones driving abilities are always different.

With our current track layout out went with some stiffer springs, I'm using Red fronts and Gold Rears.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Glv08
Anyone have a line on a kit? They seem to be on back order everywhere...
Check redrock hobbies, brukner hobbies. Sometimes it helps to if you call. When I got mine back in September, both websites said out of stock, but made a call to check and they actually had a couple. Sometimes they fly off the shelf so quick they don't bother updating the online.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by snwchris
I would love to know how some are breaking the front tower and shafts...

So for those that have shelf queens and want to complain, put your buggy up forsale, I know people looking for them and would gladly buy them and get the parts to fix them.

As far as parts, I've posted links to other places, but apparently if its not at Tower or Amain, everyone gives up hope. Google search works wonders for finding parts. So weird the other day when people said they could find shock shafts, a 5min Google search and I found two websites that had them.
I'm having no problem with parts, my comment regarding shelf queens was directed at your wonderful USPS. I've got 3 orders placed with 3 different companies, and all 3 have been lost in space for over 3 weeks.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Yea I can understand that with shipping, I had some issues a couple weeks ago, but was mainly due to all the dam snow storms, LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.