Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

This car is fing sweat to drive. I spent practice and 2 quals just seeing what the car could do. How hard I could push it, monitoring temps and crap like that. With the esc at 105 with a fan and the motor at 140, I figured it was time to open it up. Btw, I beat the crap out of this car trying to figure out how hard to push. Nothing broke. I was on a high bite bumpy track. Most of the other cars bounced around, but I could go full wood and it just soaked up the track. It never got unstable. I ended up finishing 3rd after some lap traffic issues. This is the closest 10th 4wd buggy I have ever driven that feels like an 8th scale. That being said....18 screws to get the center diff out? That is a load of crap. lol. Also, I was running a 6.5 with a 24t pinion and I drove the car hard. Full ripping it out of the corners. Spur gear looks new.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You should only have to undo the bottom and top 4 screws on the center diff, then twist and slide out to the left side. Depending on where you have your ESC/RX you may have to unmount them too.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:03 AM
Tech Rookie

hey guys i have been watching this car and debating on purchasing it for myself. i dont race just mess around and have fun with them for a hobby. i know their is only two battery configurations on it so i was wondering how fast can you get one of these to go? has anyone tried to make them go past 55 mph? the body sure looks like its capable, i just dont see much of an option of a 3s or higher lipo battery to fit in there ,im not to familiar with the motors that are out now either i have been out of the game for a couple years. any help would be appreciated, if i can get this to go over 55mph then i will buy one for sure. thanks for all the help guys. love the pics, so clean its worth just having it as a display item lol.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m3sparky
hey guys i have been watching this car and debating on purchasing it for myself. i dont race just mess around and have fun with them for a hobby. i know their is only two battery configurations on it so i was wondering how fast can you get one of these to go? has anyone tried to make them go past 55 mph? the body sure looks like its capable, i just dont see much of an option of a 3s or higher lipo battery to fit in there ,im not to familiar with the motors that are out now either i have been out of the game for a couple years. any help would be appreciated, if i can get this to go over 55mph then i will buy one for sure. thanks for all the help guys. love the pics, so clean its worth just having it as a display item lol.
Get a high kV sct motor and gear it high 55 would be no problem.... But pointless... I would just buy a 1/8th if all you plan to do is speed/bash... Then you can just go 6s and flog the guts out of it
Old 09-15-2014, 04:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vegetable
Get a high kV sct motor and gear it high 55 would be no problem.... But pointless... I would just buy a 1/8th if all you plan to do is speed/bash... Then you can just go 6s and flog the guts out of it
+ 1.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m3sparky
Making it go that fast is not a huge issue, it can be done. But 48 pitch gears are not made for that kind of running in my opinion and as tough as the D413 may be it will not do will with a sudden stop at the end of 55mph + kind of runs.

I also would suggest a 1:8 buggy, it will suit the need for speed much better, and handle the speed better being almost twice as heavy.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
This car is fing sweat to drive. I spent practice and 2 quals just seeing what the car could do. How hard I could push it, monitoring temps and crap like that. With the esc at 105 with a fan and the motor at 140, I figured it was time to open it up. Btw, I beat the crap out of this car trying to figure out how hard to push. Nothing broke. I was on a high bite bumpy track. Most of the other cars bounced around, but I could go full wood and it just soaked up the track. It never got unstable. I ended up finishing 3rd after some lap traffic issues. This is the closest 10th 4wd buggy I have ever driven that feels like an 8th scale. That being said....18 screws to get the center diff out? That is a load of crap. lol. Also, I was running a 6.5 with a 24t pinion and I drove the car hard. Full ripping it out of the corners. Spur gear looks new.

sweet!. come on post office. get mine here so i can build it.!
Old 09-15-2014, 07:20 AM
Tech Prophet

do anyone rear bearings bind up a little once installed? When I pull them, they are smooth. I put them in and they get notchy.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Still waiting on back order or if someone is selling NIB? Anyone anywhere know of one? PM me
Old 09-15-2014, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

did you call the places I told you bout? did they sell out?
Old 09-15-2014, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
do anyone rear bearings bind up a little once installed? When I pull them, they are smooth. I put them in and they get notchy.
Look inside the recesses of where they rest to see if there is any debri or flash inside there. Then look at the hexes to see if they are rubbing both edges of the bearing surface. If they are rubbing, take down the outside of the hexes a tad so only the inner race of the bearing is makes contact with the hex.

If not try switching them out from side to side and see if it helps resolve the issue.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:33 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by the incubus
Look inside the recesses of where they rest to see if there is any debri or flash inside there. Then look at the hexes to see if they are rubbing both edges of the bearing surface. If they are rubbing, take down the outside of the hexes a tad so only the inner race of the bearing is makes contact with the hex.

If not try switching them out from side to side and see if it helps resolve the issue.
both hubs do it and this is without even putting the hex on. I slide the axle in and it is notchy. I tried to sand the hubs and it is a little better. But still not smooth. Might see if I have some AVID bearings laying around and put them in. Maybe it is just poor quality bearings.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by trick25
did you call the places I told you bout? did they sell out?
Yes and Yes out this sucks really want this kit before indoor Nats next month
Old 09-15-2014, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragon6502
Yes and Yes out this sucks really want this kit before indoor Nats next month
Maybe get him to break it up. No feedback tho.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...tr-roller.html
Old 09-15-2014, 12:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks FastPete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.