Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sofa King

Perhaps they put things "in stock" before they fill back orders, in which case it would seem that anyone could come along and order the item and then a back order won't get filled? Or, they are overlooking the back orders before putting things in stock? Something just doesn't seem right there.
^^This is what they do according to tje service rep I spoke with...

As the parts come in they list them as "in stock" with out referencing back-orders...

They list "limited quantities" if they get just a few of the part regardless of back orders as well.

Then orders get filled in the order received.

Kinda messed up if you ask me; but I don't run a multi-million dollar distribution company either, so what do I know...
Old 07-05-2014, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

What affect will happen with a gear diff fluid change in the front? For example, going heaver or light or does each do to the handing in the front and the traction?
Old 07-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rybeau40
What affect will happen with a gear diff fluid change in the front? For example, going heaver or light or does each do to the handing in the front and the traction?
I originally ran 15k up front and the car was twitchy. I changed to 30k up front and the buggy feels great now. I still have plenty of steering.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by skyline1015
I originally ran 15k up front and the car was twitchy. I changed to 30k up front and the buggy feels great now. I still have plenty of steering.
So increasing thickness will take away some steering?
Old 07-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

front diff...lighter more twitchy...i tried 10K, liked it, but tried 15 too and the buggy was easier, and just as fast...i like easy

norcal track have been pretty bumby, and its easy to get into trouble breaking at the end of the straight....and one of those bumbs could easily send the buggy wheeling...so i dropped down from 100K to 80K, i noticed faster front tire wear...now they actually wear out at about same speed as the rears, on norcal's track you can get away with running super soft tires with almost no tread left...so its ok that they wear...i acetone the rims and pull the foams...so its "only" 13$ for a set of rear or fronts, and then recycle the rest...lets say 30$ total, and it will last me a couple of weeks with lots of practice....not too bad imho

about items showing in stock...im kinda ok with that, as long as orders get filled in the order they where recieved.....but i dont get why some of the guys that ordered their buggy the same day as me, didnt get theirs or one from the next batch ?

i have heard that several hobby stores got kits in from this supposedly 3rd batch...maybe tower/great planes are skipping some of their direct customers and showing some love to the local hobby stores
Old 07-05-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i was able to purchase buggy from absolute back from the first batch. I had one preordered from Tower i canceled today. Im fed up to the point where it may go up for sale and i go back to racing my X-ray. Im not going to a trophy race or money race and just hoping i break nothing. granted i don't break much but its always a chance. i know this has been a problem with other brands but there were always some parts available and if you looked hard you could get them. The parts for this buggy are non existent
Old 07-05-2014, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by evolution03
i was able to purchase buggy from absolute back from the first batch. I had one preordered from Tower i canceled today. Im fed up to the point where it may go up for sale and i go back to racing my X-ray. Im not going to to a trophy race or money and just hoping i break nothing. granted i don't break much but its always a chance. i know his has been a problem with other brands but there were always some parts available and if you looked hard you could get them. The parts for this buggy are non existent
i was able to pick one up from Absolute a few months back as well. But not knowing when the parts are going to be in stock, my buggy has become a shelf queen. I picked up a 22-4 to run in the mean time until they get their act in order.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

For you guys that are having troubles getting parts in the States... have you tried ordering overseas.??..? I know it's not the best choice but there are a few shops that are reasonably priced and can get parts to you soon if your in a bind..
R/C Champ for example has quite a few of the Center Diff parts/spurs in stock... 20+ along with a few other things as well..
http://www.rc-champ.co.jp/net-car/in...ducts_id=38685
Old 07-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

those asian sites seem to have stuff in stock...but once you try to check out you will find they do not ship internationally or some other excuse for not selling to the US...been there done that...failed

maybe its possible to get something from europe
Old 07-05-2014, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cygnus X
those asian sites seem to have stuff in stock...but once you try to check out you will find they do not ship internationally or some other excuse for not selling to the US...been there done that...failed

I spent some time this afternoon looking for a spare spur gear. No dice.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Lightbulb

Maybe your not looking in the right place... at the bottom of the website the have the following info...

If you are interested to do International mail order,
please contact our International sales division [email protected]

and they do have quite a few in stock BTW and Will ship to the states... all you have to do is send a e-mail to them with the part #'s your looking for ....I.E. 113071... doesn't seem too hard to do...

Just trying to let you guys know... since this car seems to be the suck for getting parts right now... just saying..

Old 07-05-2014, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

i was a couple of weeks ago, but i did write to champ hobbies...even though they had 15 spurs in stock according to their website but i got this in reply

Dear Mr.

Sorry sir, This product is currently sold out sir...

Best regards
RC Adviser Champ
Masa
same happened to two other asian websites (that i think run the same software), and a couple others just didnt do international, even though i could choose california during check out
Old 07-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

Arrow

i was a couple of weeks ago, but i did write to champ hobbies...even though they had 15 spurs in stock according to their website but i got this in reply

same happened to two other asian websites (that i think run the same software), and a couple others just didnt do international, even though i could choose california during check out
Damn...

That's crappy.... well..I don't know why they would say they have them in stock when I inquired yesterday for a friend while I was placing an order through them
Old 07-05-2014, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Race Report

I was one of the lucky first batch buyers and finally, finally got a chance to race at my local indoor astro track, MMR Direct in Minneapolis. Equipped with: Tekin Gen2 6.5t (no fan), HW 120a ESC (no fan), SMC shorty pack, Schuey mini spikes yellow front and rear. Geared at 21t pinion, stock spur. Pretty much the stock/manual setup. The results were staggering. I am a very poor driver, usually finishing last or near last. The layout was pretty technical with a high risk triple in the middle with a three foot landing area. I drove much harder than normal due to the D413's reported durability. There must have been six or seven times that I said, “Oh, that's broke”. Cartwheels, nose plants, pipe plants, etc. Didn't break anything. Temps were: speedo 110s, motor 110s after 4 minute quals and around the same after the 8 minute main. I ended up on the podium in third place and it was probably the best day of racing I have ever had. The guys at the track were drooling over the buggy, especially that center gear diff. The thing flies beautifully and I was really impressed with the high speed turning and lack of traction rolls. I had my B44.2 ready to go as my backup if anything broke. The old B44.2 was pretty lonely.

Hats off to Hot Bodies. What a fantastic design.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-imag0258.jpg  
Old 07-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone try as high as 30k in front diff?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.