Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 11:17 PM
Tech Adept

yay parts are trickling in...just got 3 emails from tower that some of my backordered d413 parts has shipped....
Old 07-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Thank you very much sir. I'll have to get the shock oil and diff cause i don't think I have 80k or 45 weight. I have 100k and 200k for my nitro car.

I can't wait to start the build
Old 07-03-2014, 11:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cygnus X
Norcal hobbies had two kits come in today, both sold one to dstreelm, happy for you buddy, this is a great car to get into

ohhh dremel the front swaybar a bit flat so it han not be pulled out of the plastic dodad...and be careful not to over tighten it.

i ran josh close setup for the norcal champs race...its great..but current track layout seems to do better with 45wt oil up front and 3 hole 1.3 pistons....i also went with AE blue buggy front springs, which are one step harder than stock springs

also grab a bag a shims with i think 5mm ID hole, 0.5mm thick, and put it under the bellcrank link, it will tighten up some of that slop....but maybe your car is second gen and doesnt have that problem

get some high moly content grease for the outdrives, manual says nothing about it, but i highly recommend putting a dab of it on all the outdrives (black grease from AE and TLR is rumored to have moly in it, but they dont describe whats in their stuff, so i use 60% Honda moly grease....the cool thing about moly is even when the grease is gone, the microscobic moly remains, and keeps things rotating.

also get some 80K center diff oil, it will be easier on your spur (might even go 70K)...and a STEEL pinion 21T....

the 6.5T actinium and radon pro is awesome, use 3-4 layers of servo tape, i like the 3m tape from lowes that is maximum strenght (think 50 pounds) the foam in the tape is softer than all the other and will allow some vibration dampening, i could not get the kyosho gel pad to stick, good enough

put a fan near the motor 30x30mm will do..i prefer sunon...i just use the lowes 3m tape to attach it

i did sand the edges of the carbon, but i doubt how much a bit of loctite is going to help

blue loctite on all screws going into metal...once the ball cups are popped in place do not unpop them, unscrew the whole ball stud instead.

punk beams and fullslot works great, im sure the super or mega soft dirtwebs will work well as well, mondrell was running gold bar codes on his 44

that all i can think of right now
Thanks for the building tips...

I bought a set of gold barcodes per Mondrell's recommendation, I'll experiment with something softer later, but I figured the barcodes would be a good baseline.

I've got an extra fan on the way too.

Do you happen to know what screw you used to fill the 4th hole on your shock piston?

I'm hoping to dig into the build this weekend and have it ready for Wednesday!
Old 07-03-2014, 11:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just pick up a piston drill folks, or borrow mine. It is so much easier.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cygnus X
yay parts are trickling in...just got 3 emails from tower that some of my backordered d413 parts has shipped....
Since your stuff was on back order, did you have to click on "full my back order" or did they just ship automatically?
Old 07-04-2014, 01:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just checked my back order at Tower. They shipped 3 different spare part items from my back order list. Everything else is still waiting for stock.

I did not have to select, or click on anything. They just filled part of my order with what they had available, and shipped it out.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by My ST-RR EVO
Since your stuff was on back order, did you have to click on "full my back order" or did they just ship automatically?
Got a Tower email this morning saying they shipped a set of rear hubs out to me - they were backordered but I didn't have to do anything.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

i used a screw from one of my helicopters (self cutting kind of screw....you can also drill...or CA glue a toothpick....

didnt have to do anything for the towers order...i have 3 seperate backorders...ond one thing from each of them is being shipped...and no i didnt horde parts...getting shock shaft, ballcup, and hinge pins yay
Old 07-04-2014, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jpm1
I got mine last night off tower, my backorder said limit stock so I went ahead and grabbed it, I actually figured that when you had back order that they would automatically be filled but anyway I have one on the way now.

Cheers for the link to let us know they had some in.
Originally Posted by Matt :-)
Holy crap!! I thought it would be automatically filled also !! All I had to do was select to fill my order !! UUUGGHH !!

I feel like Chris Farley in the movie Tommy Boy right now !!! SNIKIES !!!
Originally Posted by boudin4evr
me too! I thought they (Tower) would fill them as they were ordered! NOT SO!
I just got off the phone with a manager! It depends on where you live!
ALSO, I didnt know that you had to grab it when stock comes in!
Originally Posted by Matt :-)
Just checked my back order at Tower. They shipped 3 different spare part items from my back order list. Everything else is still waiting for stock.

I did not have to select, or click on anything. They just filled part of my order with what they had available, and shipped it out.
Originally Posted by PetRock
Got a Tower email this morning saying they shipped a set of rear hubs out to me - they were backordered but I didn't have to do anything.
Weird, because some people have posted that backorders are not filled and shipped automatically and other don't have to take any action. I don't really want to have to be monitoring Tower's website 24/7 lol!
Old 07-04-2014, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Weird, because some people have posted that backorders are not filled and shipped automatically and other don't have to take any action. I don't really want to have to be monitoring Tower's website 24/7 lol!
The only thing I have seen that people with back orders had to do anything was with the kits. Lager amount of money so they may have to authorize shiing the order?
Old 07-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

tower members vs non members ?
Old 07-04-2014, 12:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRTMI
The only thing I have seen that people with back orders had to do anything was with the kits. Lager amount of money so they may have to authorize shiing the order?
Tower is supposed to ship the items as they become available, no further customer action required. However, I think that their back order system is flawed... I saw an item on my back order list in stock, then the next day it shipped to me, about a week later several items on my list were showing as in stock but i received nothing. A couple weeks later, I saw several items in stock and they shipped the next day.

Perhaps they put things "in stock" before they fill back orders, in which case it would seem that anyone could come along and order the item and then a back order won't get filled? Or, they are overlooking the back orders before putting things in stock? Something just doesn't seem right there.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I am a member at Tower ive been a member for quite a while
I still think their system like their back age website is flawed! I finally got a manager on the phone and let him know how I really felt! when peoples back ordered kits after mine was back ordered, is frustrating! I told him that I am NOT renewing my membership and will shop elsewhere! Tower was the first in the online game! They are soo behind in technology! My order was paid for the day I back ordered it and they told me I did not pay for it so I faxed them my information! VERY POOR
outfit! When and IF I ever get my buggy, I'm done with Tower! After all of that, they sent me a courtesy $10 gift certificate! I couldnt spend that if I wanted to! No spur gears in stock!
Old 07-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Now that I have my diffs brk in, I have to re do the fluid in the diffs... there is someone at my local track using 10/50/10.... said it helps with the landings and control in the air...Thoughts? We are similar in diving style, so I was thinking of trying..
Old 07-04-2014, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Red78
Now that I have my diffs brk in, I have to re do the fluid in the diffs... there is someone at my local track using 10/50/10.... said it helps with the landings and control in the air...Thoughts? We are similar in diving style, so I was thinking of trying..
I always tune my center diff according to surface traction. Heavy enough oil so my front tires don't diff out and roast the tread off within one night of racing, yet light enough to keep you from riding wheelies every time you touch the throttle. It's really nice when you can have a few center diffs prebuilt with different oil weights in each of them. Makes test and tune a lot quicker.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.