Search
Like Tree38Likes

Tekno ET48 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sebbemann
How the hell (pardon the language) do you guys afford this stuff? I just put together a shopping cart at Tower with a tekin setup, Hitech 7954 servo and a cheap receiver and its over $1000! That's twice the money i paid for my TT MT4 - G3. Is it really worth it?
Getting a real job helps. Any serious racer wouldn't question the price because it's what any of the race bread platforms cost. So to you...no it's not worth it. What the heck is a TT mt4 anyway
Old 04-20-2014, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by turtletrax
Getting a real job helps. Any serious racer wouldn't question the price because it's what any of the race bread platforms cost. So to you...no it's not worth it. What the heck is a TT mt4 anyway
Wow so cocky .... Your doucebaggary is disappointing; only read nice and polite posts up till now. Thanks for ruining my rctech experience..
Old 04-20-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I got to drive my ET for the first time yesterday. I've never drove truggy and I was turning lap times almost as fast as my buggy. The thing is so smooth! Had a blast running both vehicles in southern off road series in Dalton, Ga.
Attached Thumbnails Tekno ET48 Thread-20140419_182235.jpg  
Old 04-20-2014, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mamdot91
Wow so cocky .... Your doucebaggary is disappointing; only read nice and polite posts up till now. Thanks for ruining my rctech experience..
Don't take it to heart I'm sure it wasn't ment to be rude or demeaning some things just don't come out right through text. But the reason why it's not a big deal for most is because we already have all of the electronics ready to drop in. I already had everything I needed in my other truggy. Things like esc, motor, servo, reciever, transponder, and batteries are an investment they aren't tied to one vehicle you can move them from truck to truck and they will last for years and years.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Ran mt et48 for the first time yesterday at the southern offroad series in georgia.AWSOME truck!i was able to TQ all my rounds and take the win in the amain.i ran the stock set up except for the diffs(10-10-5)and the truck was dialed right out of the box.great job tekno !
Old 04-20-2014, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jay13111
Ran mt et48 for the first time yesterday at the southern offroad series in georgia.AWSOME truck!i was able to TQ all my rounds and take the win in the amain.i ran the stock set up except for the diffs(10-10-5)and the truck was dialed right out of the box.great job tekno !
I was there for my first race with the ET as well. Box setup other than 10/15/5 diffs. My first time driving the truck at all was the first qualifier and came in 3 out of 7. I stayed up all night putting the kit together and just barley got it bound to the Tx and trimmed in time for the first race. By the mains I was pretty exhausted, not sure where I finished I think 5th.

After driving the EB48 for awhile I felt right at home with the truggy. Had so much grip I was pulling wheelies down the straight. I could drive it as hard as i wanted and never felt out of control, or had to worry about over jumping etc.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jay13111
Your did awesome with your truggy. Had a full lap on the field. Hope to catch up to your pace.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Made an air scoop since the motor doesn't get very much air flow due to the servo and esc being in the way. I think this will work quite well. It may not be the most attractive but it will be functional.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mydudrevo
Don't take it to heart I'm sure it wasn't ment to be rude or demeaning some things just don't come out right through text. But the reason why it's not a big deal for most is because we already have all of the electronics ready to drop in. I already had everything I needed in my other truggy. Things like esc, motor, servo, reciever, transponder, and batteries are an investment they aren't tied to one vehicle you can move them from truck to truck and they will last for years and years.
Ya I wasn't trying to be as hard on the kid as it sounded, but really any competition level ride runs within a few bucks of one another. Let's get back to the previously scheduled setup advice now
Old 04-21-2014, 12:46 AM
Tech Regular

this is how I fit the HW 150a. Re routed the wires on driveshaft side(new hole in case) and didnt need to notch for sensor wire just tucked it between, if I need to get to it those 3 screws to pull entire tray out is simple enough. Fits like a glove

Last edited by turtletrax; 04-21-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Lame comment and job or not you should always question price and look for deals.. Tower hobbies sells these and you can use large coupons to help with the cost a little.

To the guy who compared these to a bmw our tekno truggies have lost in every top event since release to brands such as Losi, Mugan, and Durango.. are they competitive and nice, yes.. but are they the best in class, sorry they fall right in line w/ the other top truggies. Not that that is a bad thing.

this is how I fit the HW 150a. Re routed the wires on driveshaft side(new hole in case) and didnt need to notch for sensor wire just tucked it between, if I need to get to it those 3 screws to pull entire tray out is simple enough. Fits like a glove
Nice mod, I would snag some liquid black tape from walmart to seal up the new hole and protect those wires in lieu of that small piece of heat shrink.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

I was going to go back and seal the old hole and around wire with shoe goo but then I realized you can see top of circuit board through the vents under fan so dust already has a way in. I hit with air after every heat so didn't think it would really do much. The blue piece is just the original piece that was on the wires. I'm surprised nobody pointed out the battery yet. I don't know how long it will go, in buggy I make well over 10min with it.
-and ya I sent guy apology yesterday, it reads harsher than intended. Also told him tower has them on easy pay as well and to look into hobbywing to save a bunch

Last edited by turtletrax; 04-21-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

I just sent a note over to support at http://www.smc-racing.net/ to see if they could make a custom 8000mah 4s pack.

If anyone else would want one, might be a good time to ping them. Maybe if they get enough questions about it the'll make it part of the normal product line.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

The problem with a pack that size is shipping. It exceeds the maximum shipping size as far as m.a. go.

This is from the smc thread.

I called the main USPS number and was directed to a local "Shipping regulations" contact who pointed out that Exhibit 10.20.8 (a table, for us common folk) in section 601 of the "Domestic Mailing Manual" (a.k.a. "DMM", so you quote "DMM 601.10.20.8") states that secondary (meaning "rechargable") Lithium batteries MAY be shipped both via ground and air.

Do a search on the USPS site, print out that page, and take it with you to the post office when you have LiPo batteries to ship.

There are some restrictions:

1) No more than 3 batteries per package
2) No single cell inside a battery to exceed 20 Wh (Watt-hours)
3) No single battery to exceed 100 Wh

That last rule is why Danny said SMC will not be making 7000 mAHr 4S packs - they would exceed 100 Wh and would not be mailable.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

No but Ive been trying to call smc all day with no luck....hoping they just closed today. I need a 6000+ 4s by friday and hobbyking has one but it says its 165mm long, dunno if its a misprint but im not taking any chances. Who else has cheap decent batts that can get here quick???? Or whats the minimum people are running for 10min mains?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.