Like Tree38Likes

Tekno ET48 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 06:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Spur and pinion?

Originally Posted by losi b
I'm running a 1900 buggy motor and it's a beast. The motor comes off at 140 degrees after 20 minutes. If I were buying another motor for this truck, I would look into a 1700 motor.
what pinion tooth and spur tooth was this on???
Old 01-06-2020, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Hi all. Took my truggy out after a year. Ive had it since 4-5 years at least, got the initial et48 version so not sure when that was released. Anyway, it still runs amazing however i realize that it has lost ride height. I have never serviced its shocks before, and don't exactly know what all I have to do in order to give the suspension a complete overhaul and make it so like it was functioning when I first built the kit. Can someone guide me as to what my process should be? What all do I need to service? Do i need to replace any items? (no damage has been incurred).

I am attaching a picture to give you an idea how its drooping further than necessary.

Old 02-15-2020, 07:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Check every shock individually by moving the suspension arm up and down. You should have some normal resistance. If one of the shocks has a problem, it will feel different and most likely show less resistance.

Make sure all shocks function properly through the full suspension range.

For the ride hight, you can adjust it with the nuts that are on the shock body and that hold the springs. Turn that nut down on each side and the truggy will lift up.
Old 12-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Anyone care to share the diameter of the dogbone and pin length on the TKR5296 90.5mm drive shaft doesn’t have to be a specific drive shaft.. Basic info on the outdrives if possible
Much appreciated
Old 12-31-2020, 03:54 AM
Tech Initiate

RCSteveH I did dremel the battery tray and glued some carbon fiber in there to protect the battery from the dogbone and center diff. You just have to make sure that the zip works well and the balance cable is not loose. I did that mod years ago and had no problems. Like that I can use longer lipo batteries, and the cog is lower. I have some olde Rhino batteries, not the most powerful lipos but still work well and these and other batteries have a snug fit. I have some HRB batteries that are a bit longer than normal ones and fit in there as well. With normal Lipos you can vary the cog, depending on the track you can place them more forward or rear. Sorry bad pics and dirty car...