Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 08:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BMOC
so last week i noticed my steering lose a lot of it's throw. i'd be in a turn cranked all the way and it would understeer into the pipes. would the blue knob under the servo saver spring being too loose cause this?
Yes you must thread lock the servo saver adjustment nut and you want to run it in on the tight side. If you are running a quality servo it should be fine without a lot of servo saver. We run ours not far from locked down.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

my steering was off too, turned more to one side than the other, I re-centered it on the servo and adjusted the links for optimal throw in both directions, I'll know this weekend if it worked.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default springs

Does losi make stiffer spring than blue .if so what is part number thanks.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by FLYINGBRIAN
Does losi make stiffer spring than blue .if so what is part number thanks.
I found it.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what are good aftermarket shocks? i figured the ones that come with it would be decent with all aluminum body and caps, but they leak out of the bottom seal... or is there a good bottom cap for the shock body that anyone recommends?
Old 07-25-2015, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think the stock shocks are pretty much the best you can get for this truck, all shocks will eventually leak as the orings get worn. just get a set of rebuild kits with new orings and you should be good to go. you can also get shock boots if you run in extremely dusty or muddy conditions and that should help the seals last a little longer.

Last edited by xyzracer; 07-25-2015 at 08:01 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-25-2015, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

yeah they seem like legit shocks. could just be my user error when i assembled them too. ill just replace the seals and try again
Old 07-25-2015, 12:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by xyzracer
I think the stock shocks are pretty much the best you can get for this truck, all shocks will eventually leak as the orings get worn. just get a set of rebuild kits with new orings and you should be good to go. you can also get shock boots if you run in extremely dusty or muddy conditions and that should help the seals last a little longer.
Why do you feel this way? Based on what exactly other than what you've been told?

I agree they are nice shocks quality wise, but in my personally opinion they do blow out at the bottom rather quickly, especially if you have a few rough hits.
These shock sizes where intended for a lighter vehicle like the 1/10 buggies and stadium trucks. This is most likely why Tekno went with 1/8 size shocks as their stock size after having plenty of time to look at the others with weight and durability in mind.
With that being said, do I think the pros need larger shocks and have any issues with the regular ones on highly groomed tracks? Nope... But do I see the need for a lot of rougher tracks and those who don't want to constantly rebuild them... Yes, and it's more than obvious the more I talk to people.
I am really surprised that there isn't a 1/8 conversion from losi yet.
"Are you listening Losi?"
As soon as I have the extra funds to throw at it, I plan to buy a set intended for the 8ight. There are already people who are doing this and many are speaking very highly of them once they do.
Here is a link>
8ight shock conversion thread
Old 07-27-2015, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh L
Why do you feel this way? Based on what exactly other than what you've been told?

I agree they are nice shocks quality wise, but in my personally opinion they do blow out at the bottom rather quickly, especially if you have a few rough hits.
These shock sizes where intended for a lighter vehicle like the 1/10 buggies and stadium trucks. This is most likely why Tekno went with 1/8 size shocks as their stock size after having plenty of time to look at the others with weight and durability in mind.
With that being said, do I think the pros need larger shocks and have any issues with the regular ones on highly groomed tracks? Nope... But do I see the need for a lot of rougher tracks and those who don't want to constantly rebuild them... Yes, and it's more than obvious the more I talk to people.
I am really surprised that there isn't a 1/8 conversion from losi yet.
"Are you listening Losi?"
As soon as I have the extra funds to throw at it, I plan to buy a set intended for the 8ight. There are already people who are doing this and many are speaking very highly of them once they do.
Here is a link>
8ight shock conversion thread
Well, in regards to o-rings, the shocks shouldn't leak or "blow out the bottom" as you say. When we retooled a number of the parts, the shock o-rings were one of the items. Users used to say the o-rings were tight so we tried loosening them up. Well, all of the cavities were not perfect and so some kits got some that may have been a little loose on the newest kits. Customer service has new o-rings for those of you that feel you may be in this grouping.

As for the size of shock and is Losi listening. We are always listening. However, we have a difference of opinion. Many that run the other truck feel there is no reason for 8th scale sized shock on a 6 pound vehicle. Those that converted the other truck over to 12mm shocks like that truck even better. Center of gravity is a big thing with short course trucks. We prefer the smaller shocks as it keep our center of gravity lower than theirs. I get baffled when just because someone else does something, it must be right is the mentality. TLR also has an extra 25 years of experience over that other company. And our truck has 3 national titles as well.

I do think our shock on the SCTE could be better. That shock came from an RTR and has been upgraded over time and its good, but could be better. We are working on things in that department.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

what are good aftermarket shocks? i figured the ones that come with it would be decent with all aluminum body and caps, but they leak out of the bottom seal... or is there a good bottom cap for the shock body that anyone recommends?
Please consider calling our customer service group, use the call back function. They will get you some updated seals. Yours should not be leaking.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hacker07
Well, in regards to o-rings, the shocks shouldn't leak or "blow out the bottom" as you say. When we retooled a number of the parts, the shock o-rings were one of the items. Users used to say the o-rings were tight so we tried loosening them up. Well, all of the cavities were not perfect and so some kits got some that may have been a little loose on the newest kits. Customer service has new o-rings for those of you that feel you may be in this grouping.

As for the size of shock and is Losi listening. We are always listening. However, we have a difference of opinion. Many that run the other truck feel there is no reason for 8th scale sized shock on a 6 pound vehicle. Those that converted the other truck over to 12mm shocks like that truck even better. Center of gravity is a big thing with short course trucks. We prefer the smaller shocks as it keep our center of gravity lower than theirs. I get baffled when just because someone else does something, it must be right is the mentality. TLR also has an extra 25 years of experience over that other company. And our truck has 3 national titles as well.

I do think our shock on the SCTE could be better. That shock came from an RTR and has been upgraded over time and its good, but could be better. We are working on things in that department.
I think the shocks feel perfect, but my preference would be that the 2.0 4x4 uses the same lower shock body design that the 2.0 2x4 uses. Just for durability's sake.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:59 AM
Tech Prophet

You are implying dual seals are more durable. While I would agree with you in principle but I ran Stock SCTE shocks for 6 month stints without touch them. I ran the same seals for over a year with zero leaking. Now Ryan has stated there are now some bad seals out there that Horizon will make right for you but know the SCTE shock design is durable and works well.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Casper
You are implying dual seals are more durable. While I would agree with you in principle but I ran Stock SCTE shocks for 6 month stints without touch them. I ran the same seals for over a year with zero leaking. Now Ryan has stated there are now some bad seals out there that Horizon will make right for you but know the SCTE shock design is durable and works well.
Not the rings. But the the plastic bushings and the threaded metal cap on the 2x4 2.0 shocks is a much better system then the plastic cap and bushings on the scte 2.0 truck.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:07 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Have a little patience...wink.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:35 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Apexracing
Not the rings. But the the plastic bushings and the threaded metal cap on the 2x4 2.0 shocks is a much better system then the plastic cap and bushings on the scte 2.0 truck.
The Machined delrin bushings of the 22 shocks are better no doubt about that that but the stock SCTE shock with good o-rings does seal amazingly well from my experience.

I agree with you though the 22 shock overall is better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.