Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ryan, Doug any new setups for 2.0? They're only about a week away from being in racers hands and everyone wants the fast setup under their truck.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muscles 1
Ryan, Doug any new setups for 2.0? They're only about a week away from being in racers hands and everyone wants the fast setup under their truck.
I have the setup we have been running for the most part on the first post of the thread.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
I have the setup we have been running for the most part on the first post of the thread.
Oh nice!
What are the stock swaybars and shock springs? I'm guessing the old spring kit and swaybars fits on the 2.0 (?)
I think you mentioned a 200mm sensor, right?
Another one, the carbon battery strap (optional) will be available from the start or later on?
Thanks
Old 02-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

I wouldnt use them in the newer differential cases. We made those holes tighter so they did not strip out and its no bueno for the titanium screws, lol.
Thanks Ryan. I was planning on prethreading the new diff cases before using the new screws; heard that was a good tip on this forum. When do you think the build guides will be ready? 😊
Old 02-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Ryan, didn't know if you had tweaked it any.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Panda-PR
Oh nice!
What are the stock swaybars and shock springs? I'm guessing the old spring kit and swaybars fits on the 2.0 (?)
I think you mentioned a 200mm sensor, right?
Another one, the carbon battery strap (optional) will be available from the start or later on?
Thanks
Yes the racing springs and the swaybars will fit on the new truck. Truck comes with 2.0 front and 1.8 rear (pretty much what we always ran on the 1.0) and springs that come with the truck are blue fronts and orange rears.

I would get a 200+ long sensor wire.

Carbon strap I would assume is with this first shipment.

Originally Posted by RC-Rick
Thanks Ryan. I was planning on prethreading the new diff cases before using the new screws; heard that was a good tip on this forum. When do you think the build guides will be ready? ��
I think it is a great idea to run a screw in and out of these new diff cases a few times before you install them. The holes can be on the tight side and this way you know you are preloading the diff cases instead of just running into a tight hole.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

...a little birdie told me...
That a few guys here bought Teknos and are selling them because they didn't liked how it handled on really rough 1/8 tracks
Just what I heard!!
I just laugh a little and told to myself: ryan inspected the 2.0 and they are ready to ship soon lol
Old 02-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Casper
Yes the racing springs and the swaybars will fit on the new truck. Truck comes with 2.0 front and 1.8 rear (pretty much what we always ran on the 1.0) and springs that come with the truck are blue fronts and orange rears.

I would get a 200+ long sensor wire.

Carbon strap I would assume is with this first shipment.
Many thanks! Almost 90% of time I use blue/orange

So, I'll just order the 22 pistons and carbon strap (bling bling). Thanks
Old 02-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

That a few guys here bought Teknos and are selling them because they didn't liked how it handled on really rough 1/8 tracks
Just what I heard!!
I just laugh a little and told to myself: ryan inspected the 2.0 and they are ready to ship soon lol
I'm not being a Tekno fanboy but my truck is awesome outside. I find it hard to believe that several would switch due to it not working outdoors. The tekno performs excellent outdoors and indoors due to the fact it's based from an 1/8th platform.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Thats just what I heard! LOL
But they told me the same reason that I had when I sold my durango dnx408...

Now, back to scte 2.0...sorry guys
Old 02-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I wouldnt use them in the newer differential cases. We made those holes tighter so they did not strip out and its no bueno for the titanium screws, lol.
I bought new cases for my diff rebuilds, and for the first time ever I stripped out some screw heads using my MIP drivers. I've never had a failure in... 2 decades of use from my various MIP/Thorp Drivers (Matt, Eustance - if you're reading this: A++).

Since I had plenty of extra screws (from the various rebuild kits), I just pre-threaded them with some screws, backed the screws out, threw them away, and then used some new screws for the end state build.

I've never stripped the plastics nor stripped any screw heads with the previous generation of diff cases. Instead of complaining about more than necessary tight tolerances, I'll just say that I'm confident that the screws I used will STAY PUT.

But - I do suggest you all include some extra diff screws in the rebuild packs, or come out with a TLR blog for pre-ream/widen the holes if you still only offer four screws.

Really anticipating the v2.0 of the truck. Great job Ryan. Thanks for giving us more options for an already great truck.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Just what I heard!!
Not trying to sway the Tekno crowd (even if I'm a SCTE die-had), but the Tekno should be just fine on a blown out or generally rough track. Sounds like an inability to tune and drivers running and out of the gate choice of setups.

You gotta learn how to make your truck for you, which is one reason I really liked the SCTE - having aviailable the most current setups from Dunford/Casper to work from (small tweaks tailor it to my driving) (true also for the 22SCT, so much that I also went to Casper's setup on the 2 buggy). Those setups just seem to work... at least for me.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just made some more 2 hole #55 pistons for my 2.0 when I get it. Can't wait. CA kicker definitely makes this a much easier and neater job. Get some.

Of course, I hope TLR comes out with some 12mm 2 hole pistons for us to use on our 22's and SCTE so we can skip the arts and crafts projects.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by muscles 1
Week away???, both HH and TLR say mid march, amainhobbies is late march?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
Not trying to sway the Tekno crowd (even if I'm a SCTE die-had), but the Tekno should be just fine on a blown out or generally rough track. Sounds like an inability to tune and drivers running and out of the gate choice of setups.

You gotta learn how to make your truck for you, which is one reason I really liked the SCTE - having aviailable the most current setups from Dunford/Casper to work from (small tweaks tailor it to my driving) (true also for the 22SCT, so much that I also went to Casper's setup on the 2 buggy). Those setups just seem to work... at least for me.
I will have to admit that my driving and tuning have become much better in the two years that I have been running this platform.I have gone from an average weekend racer to an all out sportsman Junkie!!!I can and do hang with some very fast company,I would like to think it was all my doing, but this truck and all those that post here or have in the past ,I owe a huge Thank You,, to you all ...Cheers..Riverdale..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.