Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

Old 03-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I bought mine from my LHS. It is complete and I ran it yesterday. Aside from the shock issue and the diff screws, kit was great.

I have spent $1100 so far on this kit, all of it with my LHS. And I even have a few more tuning parts to get from them as well.

Back to the subject of the truck. I ran it at the track behind the LHS and even with a generic tune on it, the truck feels really good. As the track is somewhat tight, I went with a shorter wheelbase setup. I think that with a weekend or two on this, it is going to be dialed! It was smooth over the jumps and very stable on the landings. In the turns, this thing is stuck! I drove my old SCTE hard into the turns and would power through them. It worked but was on the edge of spinning out and in general not a good thing. With this truck, I can put it right on the inside pipe and flow through the corner.

I will be taking it to a bigger 8th scale track soon and will report back on how it goes there!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Guys,

I bought a set of AKA Enduros ss and AKA City Blocks and am using them on the 22SCT wheels for the 2.0. I know this question has been asked numerous times. The wheels are vented should I also take a leather punch and put two holes in the tires? I race mainly outdoors loomy sandy track. When if any should i seal the holes in the rims ? By the way shoe goo and silicone just pop out of the rim holes. What kind of tape would I use and would I put it on the inside and outside of the rim? Thanks
Old 03-08-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Whitey_Wangster
Hey Guys,

I bought a set of AKA Enduros ss and AKA City Blocks and am using them on the 22SCT wheels for the 2.0. I know this question has been asked numerous times. The wheels are vented should I also take a leather punch and put two holes in the tires? I race mainly outdoors loomy sandy track. When if any should i seal the holes in the rims ? By the way shoe goo and silicone just pop out of the rim holes. What kind of tape would I use and would I put it on the inside and outside of the rim? Thanks
I almost always vent the tire and the rim. No reason to seal the hole. Not sure who gave you that idea.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

venting it should help with ballooning and getting the loose sand out of the tire
Old 03-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Grandturk
I hope you're using a 1/16" and not a 1.5mm. They're close but the 1.5mm will strip it out.
Yea I have a few full sets of hex keys, hex drivers, and hex bits I made sure it fit in the head snug
Old 03-08-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

What's the verdict on this sc? Any leaky diffs? Any need of upgrades? How does it drive compared to the sct410?
Old 03-08-2013, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Always great to see 8 new rims that need 8 fresh tires and foams! Maybe I can get a 2 for 1 deal on those...
Old 03-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shawn213
In all fairness to tlr/horizon i can see why they would want to try the program. it was meant to reward shops that pushed horizon products. but i think it is doing more harm than good. it is hurting the smaller shops. i know if it were my shop and i couldn't get the kit the same time as other shops in your area i would push a diffrent product.
We were trying to reward the shops that could support the customer the best. This whole program was customer based.

Originally Posted by Jedev
Ryan, If the horizon guys are looking for feedback, this customer says drop the whole hcp deal, I'm not liking it. I was at OCRC tonight and saw guys with finished 2.0's but I have to wait because I want to support the track and buy from them. Doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy about Horizon.
As I stated, we have made the choice to drop the HCP as it relates to TLR for now as the shops that should get these which are the tracks, cannot even get them. As I stated earlier, even the small shops can be part of this program if they order a certain percentage of product from us. So, if they are not part of it, that is their choice, not ours. So, talk to them. It is likely the disservice is elsewhere.

Originally Posted by Whosold
Agree totally. As a Small Shop owner and Track owner for 31 years it is very Sad. Only thing it done for us was boost Tekno sales. Some customers just went elsewhere.
The small shop can be part of the program, the track, that is the primary issue with this program and TLR. If you choose to sell another product, that is your choice, certainly not our reasoning behind this one. I recall waiting for months to get the product I actually wanted from the store I chose to buy it from.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by arrtay
The whole reality of the situation is "Horizon is a business". Even know they sell cool toys. They would much rather you buy their products directly from them. Thats how they make the most money. Makes perfect business sence to me.
That is certainly not the purpose of this program at all. We try new things, obviously, some of them dont work out. Does everything work out perfect the first time in your personal life, if so, thats awesome, not in mine though, lol. Boy how I wish...
Old 03-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Is the brown grease in the little packet that comes with the 2.0 the same grease as LOSB3590?
Old 03-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07
We were trying to reward the shops that could support the customer the best. This whole program was customer based.

As I stated, we have made the choice to drop the HCP as it relates to TLR for now as the shops that should get these which are the tracks, cannot even get them. As I stated earlier, even the small shops can be part of this program if they order a certain percentage of product from us. So, if they are not part of it, that is their choice, not ours. So, talk to them. It is likely the disservice is elsewhere.

The small shop can be part of the program, the track, that is the primary issue with this program and TLR. If you choose to sell another product, that is your choice, certainly not our reasoning behind this one. I recall waiting for months to get the product I actually wanted from the store I chose to buy it from.
Our LHS found the info Horizon wanted to be extensive and demanding from the point that they wanted to have the biggest %age of stuff in the store...
You cant blame Horizon for wanting that my concern is that MOST small shops just think that the info they want is none of their business so they didnt do it.

This might reward the shops that do but it seems most small shops didnt do it.
It leaves the end user with a bad taste in their mouth regarding Horizon. It would seem that we who wish to support our LHS as it is small and if it goes I am travelling 45 min to buy Nitro or parts.
Level playing fields create fair business
Early releases and Bigger discounts put the little guys out of business.
Pissing off 20 LHS for each HCP shop doesnt get Horizons product out there.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

geez Ryan BTW we shouldnt be venting this stuff on you...
Just that you are the only target on our Horizon....te hee
maybe you should take your signature down for a bit...lol

-Ryan Dunford
Horizon Hobby Surface Product Manager
Old 03-08-2013, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xxfile
Our LHS found the info Horizon wanted to be extensive and demanding from the point that they wanted to have the biggest %age of stuff in the store...
You cant blame Horizon for wanting that my concern is that MOST small shops just think that the info they want is none of their business so they didnt do it.

It leaves the end user with a bad taste in their mouth regarding Horizon. It would seem that we who wish to support our LHS as it is small and if it goes I am travelling 45 min to buy Nitro or parts.
It's all in what the LHS wants to do for their customers. I called my guy and said "hey people are posting that they're getting their trucks!" And my LHS called Horizon and did what they needed to do in order for me to get my truck ASAP.

That's customer service. Don't just blame Horizon if the LHS isn't going the extra mile for you.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Is the brown grease in the little packet that comes with the 2.0 the same grease as LOSB3590?
Yeah, it sure is.

Originally Posted by xxfile

I agree that the percentage is up there, but considering what we sell and what most shops carry, its not a tough goal to reach. As far as providing data back...for getting products early, and being able to service the customer better with our service program attached to this, data back that can help us all by carrying what is wanted and needed doesnt seem like too much to ask. You can believe what your shop is telling you, and we are listening as well. We are trying to make it better everyday...thsi product just got to be the initial product. We are trying to make this hobby more supportive fromt eh top all the way to the consumer, and maybe thats not what you see, but it is the truth. And ultimately, it will keep people in the hobby much longer which is what all of us want.

Anyone, if you have more feedback on thsi program, please pm me with it, this thread is not where this should be. I am always happy to hear what people have to say and I am not trying to hide anything. If anyone knows me by now, they should know that.

now, LETS HEAR HOW THOSE TRUCKS ARE RUNNIN'!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.