Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
This is my practice / bashing battery...

10,000 mAh 40-80c 2s haha
I remember when I thought that was a great idea until I finally realized that my car drove different on a race day and it was like driving a different car.
Now I just practice with my older same weight packs and keep my setup exactly the same for practice and racing.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I don't race
Old 02-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Oh... The word practice made me think you did. Carry On
Old 02-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Been thinking about it but I don't have a consistent ride to the track I'm at the mercy of others who aren't really into rc
Old 02-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here is my scte 2.0! LOL. Counting down the days until my parts arrive to put my truck back together. Of course I have selected next day delivery so I can get it as soon as possible! lol... I have sold everything that I will no longer need.

I have installed ha ball ends throughout the truck, Im upgrading my truck because I have money invested elsewhere in the truck, and after selling all other parts it almost cost me nothing.

This is what I'm left with until the first of march! (fingers crossed!)

Old 02-20-2013, 10:53 PM

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

I need the 2.0 NOW!!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by myl3s91
Here is my scte 2.0! LOL. Counting down the days until my parts arrive to put my truck back together. Of course I have selected next day delivery so I can get it as soon as possible! lol... I have sold everything that I will no longer need.

I have installed ha ball ends throughout the truck, Im upgrading my truck because I have money invested elsewhere in the truck, and after selling all other parts it almost cost me nothing.

Can't wait to get it myself and start racing, but I thought mid march not the 1sh
Old 02-20-2013, 11:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs up Im doing the same thing

I ordered from HH..... No hurry .... Just send me my stuff ,,,,,.....
Don't forget..... Front Drive shaft moves to back... and back to front, with the new layout!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by XXXDad
I ordered from HH..... No hurry .... Just send me my stuff ,,,,,.....
Don't forget..... Front Drive shaft moves to back... and back to front, with the new layout!
Lucky, when I went to order at HH they were back ordered but my LHS is a certified partner of HH and HH said seeing that their partners they should have it in if not there's plenty of Hobby Shops within a 20-50mile range of me and I know someone going to have it
Old 02-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
Been thinking about it but I don't have a consistent ride to the track I'm at the mercy of others who aren't really into rc
Racing brings the crazies out!!!A great place to make really good friends and get dirt cheap deals on R/C swag and learn alot at the track.Mostly about people LOL and sum about the car!!!

I have that same little Sad pile of parts siting on my bench {{{Driving me Crazy}}}}}
Old 02-21-2013, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

So I'm confused, is it March 1st or mid March
Old 02-21-2013, 05:47 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

What's everyone's general opinion on the hard anodized ball ends? Anyone know why they didn't just go with SST or titanium? Hard anodizing is a surface treatment that doesn't actually strengthen the underlying metal at all. It just provides a wear resistant coating around the outside. I've got hard anodized shock mounts on my AE's that mate with a plastic shock cap. The shock mounts are pretty much disposable. My SCTE's original aluminum balls are pretty well done and I'm trying to figure out whether to replace them with the HA ones (silly expensive too) or go another route.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
So I'm confused, is it March 1st or mid March
Horizon dealer site says ETA 3/1.. thats all. It might be later though, but that is what the site says...
Old 02-21-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bds81175
What's everyone's general opinion on the hard anodized ball ends? Anyone know why they didn't just go with SST or titanium? Hard anodizing is a surface treatment that doesn't actually strengthen the underlying metal at all. It just provides a wear resistant coating around the outside. I've got hard anodized shock mounts on my AE's that mate with a plastic shock cap. The shock mounts are pretty much disposable. My SCTE's original aluminum balls are pretty well done and I'm trying to figure out whether to replace them with the HA ones (silly expensive too) or go another route.
Your right , they wear out fast, you can buy 3 normal sets for the price of one HA set and change frequently,
Old 02-21-2013, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bds81175
Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
Your right , they wear out fast, you can buy 3 normal sets for the price of one HA set and change frequently,

+1 I found the HA set not worth getting as well, stockers last as long and can be replaced over and over as needed and still save a few bucks.

Wow cars all torn up just sitting.. funny stuff guys ;P I'll race my dialed 1.0 for some time to come No bench for me. Might I add I'm a little surprised you don't just get a new truck and fill the part box w/ the spares to use & save $$ down the road :P Just a thought.

You guys also realize as soon as BCE or Bump releases their new version you can most likely swap even easier, epecially if they are smart enough to do it with the current battery tray and part setup, but even if not just snag a couple parts and swap up weight distro and voila.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.