Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenlife
I know the feeling I have a SCTE I bought in september that has 4 races on it and besides the new chassis layout it is either equal to or better than the 2.0 everywhere else.
Have you driven the new 2.0?
Old 02-22-2013, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gawith0413
Have you driven the new 2.0?
I think he means that he dumped upgrade parts on his SCTE 1.0 - not that the truck is better than he 2.0 - just that the parts on it are the same as or better than the 2.0.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grandturk
I think he means that he dumped upgrade parts on his SCTE 1.0 - not that the truck is better than he 2.0 - just that the parts on it are the same as or better than the 2.0.
Yeah I know, I was just given him a hard time.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Fact is - the 1.0 box stock is still a competitive racer - just look at the top 3 results at Motorama this past weekend. 1 - MIP, 2 - 2.0, 3 - 1.0
Old 02-22-2013, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Fact is - the 1.0 box stock is still a competitive racer - just look at the top 3 results at Motorama this past weekend. 1 - MIP, 2 - 2.0, 3 - 1.0
That is a great point. And Matt concentrates on driving this class and is a dang good driver too...haha.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

No doubt! It always will!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dejong524
Can't wait for it to come out!

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
me too, even though i love my scrt10 im ready for something new. Plus i love building kits!
Cool video, I will string it out over a few days and Relish the build LOL
Have You driven an SCTE ?? Gonna love it.

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
nice vid man, can't wait to build the 2.0 it'll be my first kit and 2nd r/c moving up from traxxas and can't wait to get into the race game
Have You driven an SCTE ?Gonna love it.

If you drove my truck You'd..( SH T)... Yourself
Both of You guys and anyone else coming from other classes or obsolete platforms are in for a world of change ,You will start to dream in SCTE .....!!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hacker07
That is a great point. And Matt concentrates on driving this class and is a dang good driver too...haha.
Oh yeah - I didn't mean to say its the platform over the driver. Matt's been doing real well and has been making headlines. The top three guys - two of whom I've raced with - are all "next level" drivers and are amazing to watch (number 4 - no offense... )
Old 02-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I have not ... Only scrt10 CRT.5 and rc8be ft
Old 02-22-2013, 08:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
Well I think im gonna place my pre order through HH fastserver for this kit, and myabe a few extras to flip on the forum. Would there be any interest? I could probably order a couple if people are serious, I wouldnt ask for money upfront but I would only deal with people who have a high + feedback. I dont think this is breaking any forum rule is it?

Also i just notice on the HH fastserve site the date changed ... 3/3 now...
I don't think it is breaking a forum rule,but i think it is breaking a Horizon hobby rule
Originally Posted by XRated SCT
what's the fastserve, I thought they were backordered

fastserve is the horizon dealers website witch is for dealers only, and horizon recently started doing their certified partners program. what that is supposed to do is give horizonhobby.com 2 weeks where they are the only one able to sell that specific product online. and certain hobby shops that are certified partners get that item two weeks before shops that are not. the way it is supposed to work if you want the scte 2.0 first you either need to order it direct from horizon or go to your LHS that is a certified partner.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Every part thats on the 2.0 as an upgrade I already have and then some front end has even more light weight parts literally if I had the nnew chassis and battery holder and the brace links it would be a 2.0 with kingsheadz diffmounts and lighter weight steering components
Old 02-22-2013, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Have You driven an SCTE ?Gonna love it.

If you drove my truck You'd..( SH T)... Yourself
Both of You guys and anyone else coming from other classes or obsolete platforms are in for a world of change ,You will start to dream in SCTE .....!![/QUOTE]

no I haven't, I only been in the hobby 1 1/2 months and only have a 2wd slash for bashing but I been going to a local private track so I want to move up and start racing and I'm going with the 2.0 I can't wait, I'm going to be spending probably around 1500$ total
Old 02-22-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shawn213
I don't think it is breaking a forum rule,but i think it is breaking a Horizon hobby rule

fastserve is the horizon dealers website witch is for dealers only, and horizon recently started doing their certified partners program. what that is supposed to do is give horizonhobby.com 2 weeks where they are the only one able to sell that specific product online. and certain hobby shops that are certified partners get that item two weeks before shops that are not. the way it is supposed to work if you want the scte 2.0 first you either need to order it direct from horizon or go to your LHS that is a certified partner.
nice my hobbytown is a certified partner and I'm going in tomorrow to get some parts for my slash so I'm going to talk to them about it
Old 02-23-2013, 12:23 AM
Tech Rookie

I've already got my name on my LHS list. I hope it's in the first week of March as I have a buddy coming over in mid march and we are supposed to do some serious racing and bashing for a few days.

Is the carbon battery strap coming with the first shipment of SCTE 2.0's or is it available at the same time? A friend was under the impression the first batch would have it included? I think it looks pretty sweet and kind of want one now.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maglin
I've already got my name on my LHS list. I hope it's in the first week of March as I have a buddy coming over in mid march and we are supposed to do some serious racing and bashing for a few days.

Is the carbon battery strap coming with the first shipment of SCTE 2.0's or is it available at the same time? A friend was under the impression the first batch would have it included? I think it looks pretty sweet and kind of want one now.
No the carbon battery strap will not be included as far as I know. I think they should be available about the same time as the truck is though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.