Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
Ryan.. if this kit was available when i bought my truck back in the day.. i would have paid the price.. having allready had to piece together everything in the list.. i think i have paid it almost twice. hahah..

what i will be looking for.. is a chassis.. battery mount kit.. esc mount..

i think thats all i need..
There is no longer an ESC mount as it goes straight to the chassis. There is a new servo mount though.

For the rear towers. The new camber holes were a huge change for this truck. For med to low traction tracks the new mounting holes are amazing. We have been testing a lot of parts on this truck for a long time. Anyone in the So Cal area the truck will be at OCRC tonight!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
WOW ! That side by side pic really brings it home how similar this truck is too the MIP kit ...... People with the original might as well get the MIP kit instead of trying to piece together a 2.0 as its the better value ......
Which is similar to which, though? MIP is very similar to the TEN-SCTE 1.0 - no? In fact without the TEN-SCTE the MIP based SCTE cannot exist.

I think they're both great, and MIP offers different tuning options - IE: shock towers. But on that same token, lots are going back to the SCTE stock towers. The reality is that when two trucks are built on the same platform, how much different can they be? MIP took a business risk offering option parts for a proven platform that TLR/Losi has been continually improving.

MIP bypass still exists, their battery is a bit more backward, their kit has a different upgrade model (IE: you can buy the entire package at a reduced rate) and MIP-MATT is always available to answer questions and has probably the most up to date and quick turnaround of his setups.

As racers we're lucky we have so many options.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:42 AM
CGR
Tech Regular

Is the new chassis different than the TLR 1.0 chassis?
New towers different than 1.0 CF towers?

Would be great to see an upgrade kit with Chassis (if different) motor/center diff mounts, servo mounts and battery mount.

Disappointed to see the same shock design, something with 2 orings similar to the 22 shock would have been real nice.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Is there any idea on when parts will be available? if i wanted to piece together just the parts i need?

Chassis
Battery tray
Servo tray (speaking of.. will the current servo tray work, i like having my RX in a box..)
Towers

Is it really smart to mount your ESC directly to the chassis?? i dont know if i like that idea.. hahah

I think for an upgrade kit.. the chassis, diff mounts, battery tray, servo mounts..

then pair that with an "updated" original tuning kit.. thaat includes the new towers..

Since i allready did the original tuning kit.. all i would need is the new tuning kit.. with chassis and such..

Im looking forward to getting the truck converted..
Old 01-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ARE the front/center, and rear/center just flipped around or are they a new length? If not all I need is a chassis, some towers and some torque rods and I have the 2.0! LOL. I guess thats what you get for doing every possible upgrade you can to the truck before a new one is released..
Old 01-30-2013, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by goehm
Which is similar to which, though? MIP is very similar to the TEN-SCTE 1.0 - no? In fact without the TEN-SCTE the MIP based SCTE cannot exist.

I think they're both great, and MIP offers different tuning options - IE: shock towers. But on that same token, lots are going back to the SCTE stock towers. The reality is that when two trucks are built on the same platform, how much different can they be? MIP took a business risk offering option parts for a proven platform that TLR/Losi has been continually improving.

MIP bypass still exists, their battery is a bit more backward, their kit has a different upgrade model (IE: you can buy the entire package at a reduced rate) and MIP-MATT is always available to answer questions and has probably the most up to date and quick turnaround of his setups.

As racers we're lucky we have so many options.
Well said!!

Is there any idea on when parts will be available? if i wanted to piece together just the parts i need?

Chassis

Battery tray

Servo tray (speaking of.. will the current servo tray work, i like having my RX in a box..)

Towers

Is it really smart to mount your ESC directly to the chassis?? i dont know if i like that idea.. hahah
Yes, especially if You run an heavy rx8, it puts that part a lot lower on the chassis and thus, lowers overall center of gravity! ..Wow 1300 posts,only 10,000 less than Lord Casper LOLOr 12,389 less ..
Old 01-30-2013, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Looks good! Great job guys...
Old 01-30-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by CGR
Is the new chassis different than the TLR 1.0 chassis?
New towers different than 1.0 CF towers?

Would be great to see an upgrade kit with Chassis (if different) motor/center diff mounts, servo mounts and battery mount.

Disappointed to see the same shock design, something with 2 orings similar to the 22 shock would have been real nice.
Chassis is much different. No more Nitro cutouts and holes specific to the new servo mount, battery try and diff location. Rear towers can be used on the 1.0 with additional camber and shock mounting locations. The SCTE shocks are awesome. I have never had one leak and they work great. I don't see where a 22 shock would be better? You get HA alum bodies, Alum bleeder caps and tini shock shafts with this new kit.

Chassis

Battery tray

Towers

A lot of us have been mounting the ESC to the chassis for quite a long while. Mine has been on the chassis since almost day one. I cut the ESC try off and mounted the ESC lower.

ESC box was eliminated for weight and simplicity. This is no longer a convereted nitro car. How many of your other electric offroad cars put the reciever in a box? The old box will not bolt to the new chassis and I think would be too wide as well to fit in the new mud guards. The chassis was narrowed a bit and is now symetric as well.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

We are a blimp due to our size, MIP is a fighter jet and can make decisions quickly. Eustace has known what we were working on for a while now as him and I were at the tracktesting and actually talked about some of this stuff. He is a great guy and he knows I am not copying and vice versa. Our weight balance was tested for a LONG time and is different than the MIP. The MIP is too far back in our opinion for the way we have our shocks set up and all. Also, our chassis is much different than theirs.[/QUOTE]

i understand and i can see some difference in them thats why im prolly going to have to get one now lol. I kinda expect it to drive something like mine does now with the mip kit.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by myl3s91
ARE the front/center, and rear/center just flipped around or are they a new length? If not all I need is a chassis, some towers and some torque rods and I have the 2.0! LOL. I guess thats what you get for doing every possible upgrade you can to the truck before a new one is released..
MIP's are flipped. Using at the comparison pic, it looks like the 2.0s are as well. No new shafts on the SCTE 2.0 list at www.tlracing.com either.

Don't forget you need a new battery tray! You may only need the new front torque rod.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:57 AM
CGR
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casper
Chassis is much different. No more Nitro cutouts and holes specific to the new servo mount, battery try and diff location. Rear towers can be used on the 1.0 with additional camber and shock mounting locations. The SCTE shocks are awesome. I have never had one leak and they work great. I don't see where a 22 shock would be better? You get HA alum bodies, Alum bleeder caps and tini shock shafts with this new kit.
Sure glad I bought the TLR chassis 3 weeks ago.

My shocks dont leak but I think they can be better/smoother. I already have the HA bodies and the rest. Shaft/piston can deflect and drag since there is not much there to guide the shaft with 1 ring and the short flanged washer thing vs 2 rings and a centered spacer with the 22 cartridge.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by goehm
MIP's are flipped. Using at the comparison pic, it looks like the 2.0s are as well.

Don't forget you need a new battery tray! You may only need the new front torque rod.
Yes the front and rear drive shafts were just flipped like the MIP setup so no new drive shafts. I believe both torque rods are new for this chassis.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by myl3s91
Yes, we tested it all over the place and ended up wtih them just flipped.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
A lot of us have been mounting the ESC to the chassis for quite a long while. Mine has been on the chassis since almost day one. I cut the ESC try off and mounted the ESC lower.

ESC box was eliminated for weight and simplicity. This is no longer a convereted nitro car. How many of your other electric offroad cars put the reciever in a box? The old box will not bolt to the new chassis and I think would be too wide as well to fit in the new mud guards. The chassis was narrowed a bit and is now symetric as well.
Wow.. i didnt know that.. my E-buggy has the RX mounted in the battery box on my XB9e.. and i never though having ESC mounted directly to chassis would be a good idea. Simply due to hard hits. but come to think.. they mount directly to chassis on 1/10 buggy and truck.. so.. why not.

something i am going to fix for this weekends big race.. hah.. thank you very much.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hacker07
Yes, we tested it all over the place and ended up wtih them just flipped.
Okay, and will the new front and rear towers work with the original 1.0?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.