Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lyons238
Bent, how bout for med-high grip indoor clay (slicks and electrons tire of choice - almost cement like).

What screws would you recommend removing for the hard rear center chassis brace?

Right now I just have the 1 screw in front of the 2 bulkhead screws, but I was thinking of taking the one in front of that out as well...thoughts?
When we remove screws from either the bottom of the chassis for the chassis brace or from the top for the carbon stiffener we always remove the middle screws, never only the front or rear. We always keep the front and the rear screw(s) in place.

For dirt/clay we always start with medium chassis brace and add carbon stiffener starting with front screw and 2 rear screws for less flex if needed. Then add the 2 middle screws if needed.

Bent
Old 11-01-2016, 06:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BentKa
When we remove screws from either the bottom of the chassis for the chassis brace or from the top for the carbon stiffener we always remove the middle screws, never only the front or rear. We always keep the front and the rear screw(s) in place.

For dirt/clay we always start with medium chassis brace and add carbon stiffener starting with front screw and 2 rear screws for less flex if needed. Then add the 2 middle screws if needed.

Bent
yeah i always leave the ends screwed in, but for the rear rear, does the two bulkhead screws qualify as the end for you or you mean the first single screw?

also, how come the progression from the medium brace to the carbon stiffener, wouldn't the hard brace with some screws removed be a decent progression?

i prefer not to have to rebuild my entire car when i go on carpet, at this point i mostly do rebuild the entire thing lol - if it's worth getting the medium chassis brace I may but if you're using the carbon stiffener on clay i think the hard brace with screws removed should be okay.

how about the side guards bent for the clay in discussion.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

yeah i always leave the ends screwed in, but for the rear rear, does the two bulkhead screws qualify as the end for you or you mean the first single screw?

also, how come the progression from the medium brace to the carbon stiffener, wouldn't the hard brace with some screws removed be a decent progression?

i prefer not to have to rebuild my entire car when i go on carpet, at this point i mostly do rebuild the entire thing lol - if it's worth getting the medium chassis brace I may but if you're using the carbon stiffener on clay i think the hard brace with screws removed should be okay.

how about the side guards bent for the clay in discussion.
End screws are the end screws

1 in the front and 2 in the rear for the carbon stiffener.

We never run the hard chassis braces on dirt/clay only the medium braces front and rear and tune them with the carbon stiffeners and screws.

We also run medium chassis side guards for dirt/clay/wet astro.

Bent
Old 11-01-2016, 07:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

End screws are the end screws

1 in the front and 2 in the rear for the carbon stiffener.

We never run the hard chassis braces on dirt/clay only the medium braces front and rear and tune them with the carbon stiffeners and screws.

We also run medium chassis side guards for dirt/clay/wet astro.

Bent
ok thanks a lot bent. i couldnt remember if the brace went under the bulkhead or not off the top of my head.

also im just swaying wouldnt the medium braces with carbon stiffeners be just as stiff as the hard braces with no carbon?

oh last question - on the clay were talking about do you run motor forward or backward? right now i run it forward with battery backward and 15g of weight behind the motor

again i really appreciate your time! your answers are invaluable.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

ok thanks a lot bent. i couldnt remember if the brace went under the bulkhead or not off the top of my head.

also im just swaying wouldnt the medium braces with carbon stiffeners be just as stiff as the hard braces with no carbon?

oh last question - on the clay were talking about do you run motor forward or backward? right now i run it forward with battery backward and 15g of weight behind the motor

again i really appreciate your time! your answers are invaluable.
Car has more traction and is easier to drive with the medium chassis braces and chassis side guards. And if needed you can tune out flex by adding carbon stiffener with different number of screws.

We only run the motor in the rear on blown out low grip dirt.

For all the rest we run it in the stock position.

Bent
Old 11-01-2016, 08:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Car has more traction and is easier to drive with the medium chassis braces and chassis side guards. And if needed you can tune out flex by adding carbon stiffener with different number of screws.

Bent
perfect, thank you!
Old 11-01-2016, 10:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Bent
Just ordered medium plastics going to try that.

do you run the battery forward or rearward on med-high bite cement like clay?

right now i run it backward with some weight on the motor side, but im wondering if with the medium plastics it would be a good idea to run it forward and have a little more balance.

i have been noticing more wear on my front tires, naturally from steering but it seems at the moment my rear tires are locked with traction while my front tires spin and pull me. this is actually super easy to drive and super fast this way but im wondering if i can keep the same rear traction and add a tad more front traction by using the medium plastics and running the battery forward.

i also have the front bulkhead braces to play with right now i have the stock brace for durability - thoughts on that versus the steering brace?

Last edited by lyons238; 11-01-2016 at 10:15 AM.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

do you run the battery forward or rearward on med-high bite cement like clay?

right now i run it backward with some weight on the motor side, but im wondering if with the medium plastics it would be a good idea to run it forward and have a little more balance.

i have been noticing more wear on my front tires, naturally from steering but it seems at the moment my rear tires are locked with traction while my front tires spin and pull me. this is actually super easy to drive and super fast this way but im wondering if i can keep the same rear traction and add a tad more front traction by using the medium plastics and running the battery forward.

i also have the front bulkhead braces to play with right now i have the stock brace for durability - thoughts on that versus the steering brace?
Already answered your question on motor position

We only use the stock front top deck on super high grip carpet.

For everything else we use only the steering post brace.

Bent
Old 11-01-2016, 10:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Already answered your question on motor position

We only use the stock front top deck on super high grip carpet.

For everything else we use only the steering post brace.

Bent
i said battery position hehe just trying to see what works for you because i wont have time to do testing before my race.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

sorry! i meant to say battery position
Usually at the front along with the motor.

When running the motor in the rear you don't have much choice though

Bent
Old 11-01-2016, 10:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Usually at the front along with the motor.

When running the motor in the rear you don't have much choice though

Bent
yeah i run the motor up front, battery rear with some weight on the motor side as of now.

but im going to try medium plastics with the battery up front and no weight behind motor.

thanks for your time Bent - that is all
Old 11-02-2016, 03:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Do any of you guys run a motor fan im running 10 minute a mains and my motor is way hot, ive tried everything except the motor fan?
Old 11-02-2016, 03:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BiLL77
Do any of you guys run a motor fan im running 10 minute a mains and my motor is way hot, ive tried everything except the motor fan?
Yes, when running outdoors in the dry or indoors on carpet with a boosted 5.5 turn we always run a fan on the motor.

Outdoors on dirt, clay, wet astro etc with boosted 6.5 turn we usually run without a fan.

We never run more than 6 minutes though

Bent
Old 11-02-2016, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BiLL77
yes, 5.5t on a carpet track and the motor was running quite hot. WTF Trumpet fan makes an awfully loud racket but keeps motor completely cool
Old 11-02-2016, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if you are running center diff with thin diff grease, it will be easy to drive but front tires wear lot faster. with thin I mean 50-200k oil.
try it with 300k-1M and you will feel the difference in jumping, acceleration and more even tire wear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.