Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 07:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jmackani
The dx3r does have a count up and count down timer. Page 21 of the manual covers how to set it up to function as a stopwatch. The manual is here https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/...-Manual_EN.pdf
i know but this is not even close to a lap timer :P
Its just a timer from when you switch the Trans on, untill u reset it. You cannot record laps and most of all see average times etc which is what im looking for :P
Old 02-25-2016, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grifind
Its just a timer from when you switch the Trans on, untill u reset it. You cannot record laps and most of all see average times etc which is what im looking for :P
The obvious answer is that you need to upgrade. Your equipment is old and out of date - you need something new with the features you desire. Welcome to RC.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ask the track to turn on practice mode for the scoring system. Most are happy to do so when asked. Then the timing system will tell you lap times as you go by. If you run a mostly solid color'd body, there's a few visual lap timers around too that I believe can run with a phone's camera, just looking down on a spot in the track, though I haven't looked at them in a while. I know some computer based ones will do that with webcams, but they can get confused if there's a bunch of vehicles, or other similarly colored ones.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by justpoet
Ask the track to turn on practice mode for the scoring system. Most are happy to do so when asked. Then the timing system will tell you lap times as you go by. If you run a mostly solid color'd body, there's a few visual lap timers around too that I believe can run with a phone's camera, just looking down on a spot in the track, though I haven't looked at them in a while. I know some computer based ones will do that with webcams, but they can get confused if there's a bunch of vehicles, or other similarly colored ones.
the track is this and its custom made be me and my friends :P so that option is not available as well :P

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

You will need Spektrum SPM 1320 and SPM 1330 then. And possibly SPM 1453 Google them.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

What's the deal with the 12 degree hubs? Why are they so expensive and what would you use them for? Are they for super high traction carpet? I have a new set and I honestly don't think that I would need them. My car already out-turns all my other cars both off/on power.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jmackani
You will need Spektrum SPM 1320 and SPM 1330 then. And possibly SPM 1453 Google them.
Thank you!
Old 02-25-2016, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
What's the deal with the 12 degree hubs? Why are they so expensive and what would you use them for? Are they for super high traction carpet? I have a new set and I honestly don't think that I would need them. My car already out-turns all my other cars both off/on power.
Perfect, just sell them to me then.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I am looking at page 16 of the manual and if I want to use the hinge pin hanger inserts to adjust roll center (for adding traction) do I want +.75mm or -.75mm? I want to
Lower roll center I believe for more traction so do I want to go with the -.75mm?
Old 02-25-2016, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Also could someone post a link for a setup for low traction clay track?
Old 02-25-2016, 10:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapjack
Also could someone post a link for a setup for low traction clay track?
Try the book set up with 5/3 in the diffs and 35/30 oils. That should work pretty well with the slipper loose. I ran wet dirt in near freezing weather outside with that set up (slightly lower on the shock oils) and the car was really good. The box set up seems to work well in a wide range of conditions.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Slapjack
I am looking at page 16 of the manual and if I want to use the hinge pin hanger inserts to adjust roll center (for adding traction) do I want +.75mm or -.75mm? I want to
Lower roll center I believe for more traction so do I want to go with the -.75mm?
As a rule of thumb:

Going to the inside or down on the hinge pin inserts will add roll and gain traction.

Going to the outside or up on the hinge pin inserts will reduce roll and traction.

Typically on a medium to low traction dirt or clay track we will run the hinge pin inserts on the inside and go up or down to adjust roll and traction.

Bent
Old 02-26-2016, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BentKa
The spur gear for the center diff is offset.

Mounting it the correct way will put it in the same position as the slipper

Bent
and that happens to be upside down compared to the manual.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Guys any good ideas on how to time my laps better? when i am alone practicing at the track and i dont have a friend to time me, its kinda hard... :P i found a few iOS apps but they are kinda cr@p.... how do you time your laps? Any suggestions?
We use one of these in my buddys back yard track...
http://www.trackmateracing.com/shop/...p-counter.html

Cheers
Old 02-26-2016, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BentKa
As a rule of thumb:

Going to the inside or down on the hinge pin inserts will add roll and gain traction.

Going to the outside or up on the hinge pin inserts will reduce roll and traction.

Typically on a medium to low traction dirt or clay track we will run the hinge pin inserts on the inside and go up or down to adjust roll and traction.

Bent
Thanks for the reply!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.