Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
I heard they are only replacing 15 hangers. Btw not everyone has a hudy set up board to check their rear toe lol
Where did you hear that they are only replacing 2015? The link is linked to 2014 also.

Maybe they will have to stipulate the purchase of the Hudy setup board before doing the replacement.... just kidding...
Old 02-18-2015, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theclutch
Where did you hear that they are only replacing 2015? The link is linked to 2014 also.

Maybe they will have to stipulate the purchase of the Hudy setup board before doing the replacement.... just kidding...
In case you guys missed all the discussion leading up to this, the Hudy setup board WILL NOT show the issue. They should never have put that in there, unless they're hoping some will miss the problem. The Hudy setup station is useless in this case, as it only measures toe in relation to the other wheel, as was stated, you could mount your whole rear end sideways and it would still say 3 deg.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

The 4-hole steering plate we are using on the 4WD is now released.

This sharpens the steering response and let you have a more aggressive steering setup.
Works really good with the Alu. 12* C-hubs on high grip tracks

Bent

XRAY presents Alu Steering Plate 4-Hole #362573

Aluminum steering plate CNC-machined from premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum. Designed & recommended for use in high-traction conditions. Increases steering precision and predictability. The steering plate features extra Ackermann positions for very precise steering adjustment.

• For high-traction conditions
• Increases steering precision
• More predictable steering
• Extra Ackermann positions
• 4 holes
• More forward Ackermann positions
Old 02-18-2015, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by UKracer1
That's great Bent, thanks, I will build them as you suggest. Assuming both are properly setup, is there an advantage or disadvantage of running saddles vs a shorty on a slippy track.
Thanks
We usually prefer the shorty setup as it gives you more corner speed as opposed to the heavier saddle setup.

Running the lighter shorty setup also makes it easier to tune the shocks for bumpy tracks/sections

Bent
Old 02-18-2015, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Bent

any new clay setup sheets with the newly released parts? I'm running the clay setup from the xray site.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mullet1
Bent

any new clay setup sheets with the newly released parts? I'm running the clay setup from the xray site.
Sorry, not yet.

Martin B. is over in the US at the moment for the DNC and some testing.
Hopefully he will be able to squeeze in some 1/10 time as well.

Malin might start to run her #2 car on indoor hard packed clay here to test some as well.
A track we normally run Super Soft BarCodes type tires on.

Bent
Old 02-18-2015, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

Has Xray started putting the "corrected" rear hinge braces into their kits yet? Just picked up a new '15 from the LHS and they said it was a newer kit (one they just got in).

Just curious if I need to match or mis-match my rear inserts for equal toe in.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmkalt
Has Xray started putting the "corrected" rear hinge braces into their kits yet? Just picked up a new '15 from the LHS and they said it was a newer kit (one they just got in).

Just curious if I need to match or mis-match my rear inserts for equal toe in.
If you are in the USA then I highly doubt you got the updated part. I haven't heard of anybody getting it yet, and your kit was probably packaged at least 2 weeks ago before it found it's way to an LHS. Just measure each insert hole from the screw hole, or post a pic as most of us can see it by eye. Or assemble it and you will probably notice it.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Center diff

Originally Posted by rcgod
If anyone wants a center diff I have an extra on back order at amain that's in stock. Pm me if interested.
Pm sent
Old 02-18-2015, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BentKa
Sorry, not yet.

Martin B. is over in the US at the moment for the DNC and some testing.
Hopefully he will be able to squeeze in some 1/10 time as well.

Malin might start to run her #2 car on indoor hard packed clay here to test some as well.
A track we normally run Super Soft BarCodes type tires on.

Bent
Bent,

Will the new steering plate be usable on loose conditions as well? Also wanted to ask if the 3mm chassis will work on loose conditions with out using any upper deck braces?

As always thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I see the 3mm chassis is available at some Xray shops in Europe, but is the front x brace that ties the steering posts and the front bulkhead together a custom piece or will it be available soon as well? Bent?
Old 02-18-2015, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kevinpratt823
If you are in the USA then I highly doubt you got the updated part. I haven't heard of anybody getting it yet, and your kit was probably packaged at least 2 weeks ago before it found it's way to an LHS. Just measure each insert hole from the screw hole, or post a pic as most of us can see it by eye. Or assemble it and you will probably notice it.

Speaking of this, I did manage to get my kit built last week but I'm not sure if mine is out of whack in the rear end or not. It looks to be okay but I may be looking at the wrong thing haha I'll post pics of mine tomorrow morning.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
I see the 3mm chassis is available at some Xray shops in Europe, but is the front x brace that ties the steering posts and the front bulkhead together a custom piece or will it be available soon as well? Bent?
Heavy,

I was wondering the same thing on the brace.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Norse
Bent,

Will the new steering plate be usable on loose conditions as well? Also wanted to ask if the 3mm chassis will work on loose conditions with out using any upper deck braces?

As always thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Originally Posted by HeavyD99
Originally Posted by Norse
Heavy,

I was wondering the same thing on the brace.
The new front X-brace / top deck will be released shortly from Xray.

It's already gotten a part # and is ready to ship any time now.

Wether the 3mm chassis would be the preferred choice in loose conditions I honestly don't know yet.
But from testing so far Malin really likes how it handles without the top decks and more roll incorporated into the setup.
I can see this setup being a good starting point for a loose / low grip setup

We will do some back to back testing with the new and "old" chassis in loose conditions as soon as the snow has disappeared and the outdoor tracks are good to go again

Bent
Old 02-19-2015, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by farm
Hey, im interested in Malin's 4WD setup for this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZqqiMmPCvo

Didnt find any on teamxray.com (except XB42WD)

How center differential works on carpet compared to clutch.

What center diff oil you suggest for capter?
Here's her setup used for the EOS round in Berlin a couple of weeks ago.

This is very close to our starting setup for anything carpet.

We usually only adjust front and rear oils, front sway bar, ackermann and roll centers for the hinge pins.

Malin like's the feel of the center diff the most (with 1.000.000cst) but she's faster with the center diff so that is what we ran this time.

Malin's XB4 4WD '15 EOS setup

In the video she's starting as #4 in the C-final, after some bad luck with other drivers in the qualifiers, and ends up as #3.
She's catching a lot of traffic on the last 2 laps and having some problems getting past slower drivers crashing (and stopping on the back straight) and is almost caught by the driver behind her when trying to safely bring home the 3rd place finish.
The last lap in the video isn't counted as they had already passed the finish line within the time limit.

Also super happy with her speed in the last final where she did a 16 lap in 5:02:349 and medium time of 19.995.

Miguel Matias' best B-final time was 16 laps in 5:04:632 and a medium time of 20.126.
Martin Bayer's best A-final time was 16 laps in 5:01:482 and a medium time of 19.914.
Martin Sinn Wollanka's best A-final time was 16 laps in 5:00:335 and a medium time of 19.813.

Being faster than Miguel Matias and just 0.867 a second behind Martin Bayer's fastest A-final time is really her best achievement so far

And she was just 2 seconds behind Martin Wollanka's best A-final as well.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Her setup in the video:
Xray XB4 4WD '15
ORCA VX3 esc
ORCA RX3 5.5T motor
ORCA Infinite Ultra 2S | 90C | 4800mAh shorty battery
Futaba S9353HV servo
Futaba R304SB-E receiver
Futaba 4PX transmitter

Bent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.