Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Theroc
I have question about changing anti squat. Does it matter if raise the front or lower the rear to increase anti squat by 1 degree?

thanks,
roc
Technically yes it does, the roll center would be slightly different. Drop the rear and it lowers the instant center and the roll center. Raise the front and it would raise etc. Not much.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mlinder
Asc,

I just starting practicing with mine last week. All stock, except pistons/oil, no upgrade parts yet. I run an indoor clay track with a 6.5 Reedy Sonic. Much fun! I have had my share of nose dives, slapping landings getting used to the car, but no breaks. Checked my diffs and no leaks, no cracks anywhere yet. Amain says my upgrade kit shipped today, but I will run it as is until something gives.

What kind of track and car setup are you using? My first day, I ran the complete stock clay setup. Having come from a B44.2, which I really do like, I sort of copied my shock setup and drilled out two hole pistons to 1.6 for the front and 1.7 for the rear. 35 wt front 30 wt rear. It is really quick, turns great, excellent punch. Maybe just a little loose in the rear if i really hit the throttle coming out of the corner, so I may add a little ballast or lighten the rear diff oil. Not sure yet. Too soon to say.

Any setup tips you may have would be appreciated.

Just a great car!

Mark
Stay on top of the diffs, take em out and check em every session and shim if you think it needs it, they do break in. There are 4 of us locally and setups are all over the place.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hars
Thanks!

here in Aus, Stock 4wd is 17.5t blinky

25t and go from there, do you mean up or down (ie: try 26 then 27?). Sorry for the dumb questions, I am a total noob when it comes to this..
I run the stock class in Aus as well and I use AE 69 Spur with 31t pinion and no timing (temp around 60c).
Old 02-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Think my upgrade kit from amain has shipped. A mysterious order showed shipped from amain.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Anyone mounted a body other than the x ray body ? I can get 2 body's for the price of one of those ...
Old 02-21-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXFcOs8N9rI

Here's a race at the LHS last night...several Xrays making their way into the local scene. I don't do the car any justice...I run the pink one...finished 7th (the others finished higher)
Old 02-21-2013, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Secretary from work just called to say the brown van dropped off a package with my name on it. I wonder what it could be...

Can't wait to dig into this thing tonight!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

So I'm guessing everyone is still running the X-ray body?
Old 02-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

The Xray body is the only one I know of that will fit right now. I know Jconcepts is working on one right now and I assume PL will make one too.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scottreida

Here's a race at the LHS last night...several Xrays making their way into the local scene. I don't do the car any justice...I run the pink one...finished 7th (the others finished higher)
Very nice track lucky you...
Old 02-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
So I'm guessing everyone is still running the X-ray body?
it's so damn ugly I use a big gulp cup cut in half.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
Think my upgrade kit from amain has shipped. A mysterious order showed shipped from amain.
I got my kit last week, my fix-it order showed up this PM. Pretty nice. Mostly ambivalent about aluminum braces for a carbon shock tower. Not true; I'm mostly disappointed actually, considering the premium cost for parts. I know aluminum vs. CF in a high center of gravity area is not a design choice that Xray wanted to make - but I understand economics. I'll be fabbing up or buying some more beefy carbon bling to keep things in the spirit of what Xray stands for. It's nothing that'll lose you a race, I just wish Xray came out of the gate with more study CF towers if that's what was needed.

Sorry for being a debbie downer. Everything else looks tremendous!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scottreida

Scott - awesome. I think I may have met you at The Track, though I haven't really been running 4W buggy (ran a B44.2 once). I have been admiring all the XB4s that run there though. I hope to be out more often on Wednesdays and will definitely run with ya'll at the ProLine race on 3/30.

Gotta hand it to XRay. Seemed to have merged all the durability offerings of gear diffs and beefy suspension components and arms (which is why I want to get rid of my B44.2) and has a more chassis friendly layouts for electonics (which is why I dumped the DEX410).

Along they way they added some really great tuning features.

A+, XRay.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by goehm
I got my kit last week, my fix-it order showed up this PM. Pretty nice. Mostly ambivalent about aluminum braces for a carbon shock tower. Not true; I'm mostly disappointed actually, considering the premium cost for parts. I know aluminum vs. CF in a high center of gravity area is not a design choice that Xray wanted to make - but I understand economics. I'll be fabbing up or buying some more beefy carbon bling to keep things in the spirit of what Xray stands for. It's nothing that'll lose you a race, I just wish Xray came out of the gate with more study CF towers if that's what was needed.

Sorry for being a debbie downer. Everything else looks tremendous!
Those braces are steel. I did install the front shock mount brace however that may change. For the rear I fabbed an alu one weeks ago for the camber tab that broke on the first run. The kit CF doesn't seem to be the best but I wonder at what point do we use the age old question, " the weakest part will break, which do you want it to be ? ". As an example I too broke a front diff case, and fabbed a small tab/brace that had 3 holes for the 3 screws that go into the diff case, the lowest diff case screw goes into the top part of the case so failure would require tearing a large chunk out of the case rather than the way the factory brace stills allows the tower mount part of the case to snap off.
I was thrashing the heck out of the car the other night and it was bulletproof.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

A helpful tech tip for those with the XB4, don't try to use the Xray parts on other cars. I needed to replace the rear hinge pins on my RB6 and all I had was XB4 ones so I cut them to fit. Then this happened, also needs to be said that the hinge pin is still perfect.

Xray stuff is tough!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.