Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
New Traxxas 1/10th Rally...New Race class?? >

New Traxxas 1/10th Rally...New Race class??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Traxxas 1/10th Rally...New Race class??

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

all the available GT8 class on road bodies fit this thing. i know this is in the off road section but this thing would make a perfect GT8 car for the on road side on 3s. it would probably destroy the normal buggy derived cars running 4s.

Matt
Old 10-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

A question for the Traxxas guys: what parts would be needed to re-purpose my Stampede 4x4 into the 1/10 rally? It looks like the chassis, bumpers and body posts are the main differences. Are the rest of the suspension and drivetrain the same? I have been kicking around the idea of turning my soon to be retired XXX-SCT into an onroad basher, but this looks like WAY more fun!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by viking252200
One can only hope that there will be other bodies for it, because that is one fugly looking body!
The pro line one may work.....I have one coming, so i will let you know.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Planespotter
A question for the Traxxas guys: what parts would be needed to re-purpose my Stampede 4x4 into the 1/10 rally? It looks like the chassis, bumpers and body posts are the main differences. Are the rest of the suspension and drivetrain the same? I have been kicking around the idea of turning my soon to be retired XXX-SCT into an onroad basher, but this looks like WAY more fun!
You would need the Chassis, Bumper, Body mounts, Front and Rear Bulkheads, Center Drive shaft, Battery hold down, Steering linkage, the new battery Hold down, the motor Mount, gear cover, and the Motor plate. You will also need the new steering bellcranks because it contains a new servo horn.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Suteki
I really do not like the look of this car. It looks like a toy (well yes all RC cars are toys but you know what I mean) compared to the other vehicles out there, especially the likes of the Kyosho.

It just looks so gumby......
I think that a different body will make a big difference (?). Manufacturers do a great job of making licensed bodies, but I think it was cost-prohibitive with this one for now....
Old 10-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Planespotter
You technically need about 11 parts to change your 'Pede' over. I can email you a parts list of the car if you send me a PM.....I cant paste Exell spreadsheets on this site....
Old 10-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mdwalsh
all the available GT8 class on road bodies fit this thing. i know this is in the off road section but this thing would make a perfect GT8 car for the on road side on 3s. it would probably destroy the normal buggy derived cars running 4s.

Matt
I can tell you that i have definitely had fun doing that with a slash.....
wheelbase is too short for the Kyosho GT2 bodies, though....look around for GT1 versions....still around....
Old 10-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vw addict
Seriously, do we need ANOTHER class? So many good classes have lived and died, and the ones left are so diluted. Can't we be ok with what we have?
One thing that may be good, though, VW addict, is a class that can get on road guys into off road and off road guys into on-road....imagine running in an off road/on road series, where you run your rally at an on road track one weekend, and the next weekend, run the same vehicle at a dirt oval or an off road track, with a point series rally trophy at the end of the season.....imagine how many on road guys would show up to run off road and visa versa.....If this was something an area was interested in, I would ask Traxxas to support it in any way that they could.....

On an unrelated note.....
Like yur handle..... Im not an addict, but I may be getting there...this is my first...I have had it almost 2 years now..

Old 10-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks! PM sent!
Originally Posted by Happy Meal
You technically need about 11 parts to change your 'Pede' over. I can email you a parts list of the car if you send me a PM.....I cant paste Exell spreadsheets on this site....
Old 10-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The more I look at it the more I like it! The best thing about Traxxas is their after market support. There will be bodies, wheels and tires, shocks and everything else for this car.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Does anyone know where can I get this Traxxas Rally's body?
Old 10-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

just brought mine home from the store,

already stripped a few decals and put some monster ones on.

cant wait to run this lil beater.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

We had an exhibition race this weekend at the last stop of the Short Course Showdown Nationwide Tour....the video that I took sucked lol.....I have pics, though, ill post them tonight...I also got both of the Pro Linne Bodies...They are a direct fit. The wheel wells are a little wide, though, to accomodate the wider road rage tires that they use, but it still looks cool...
Old 10-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vic0280
just brought mine home from the store,

already stripped a few decals and put some monster ones on.

cant wait to run this lil beater.
I'm just thinking about using this body on a SC onroad...

But it's not available in e-stores yet
Old 10-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Default New Rally Class in SoCal?

Hi all,
My local Hobby shop informed me that thay were developing a rally class at the Whittier Narrows Park. They are in negotiation for the use of City Park land to conduct the rally class. The city will not allow digging or altering of the soil, but they are open to a temporary removable track. The shop has all the timing equipment, boards and ramps that can easily be used for a removable rally course. There are two surfaces already there, gravel walkways, dirt open lot and astroturf for the third surface.

This new venue is very exciting with small jumps and loose gravel turns for rally drifting. We just need the go ahead of the city use the land.

This is all in talking stages, I will keep you informed as things develop.
If you have an new Traxxas Rally, 1/8 onroad or a SC collecting dust like mine and are really interested PM me and I will forward your interest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.