Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
New Traxxas 1/10th Rally...New Race class?? >

New Traxxas 1/10th Rally...New Race class??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Traxxas 1/10th Rally...New Race class??

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ibuggyitruggy
Sorry to say but no matter what traxxas product brings to the table, it's not worthy for any real rc racing. It just another high end walmart toy for basher starting age of 4-17 years of age. I don't hate the product but its not made for racing it not really that fast, the more you mention about how fast it is lots of shopper begin to believe it, chatch 22.
It's poor attitudes like this that not only keep people from the hobby, but also prevents people from going to the track.

I will tell you what, I have raced or run nitro and electric buggy, nitro and electric truggy, and also nitro and electric MT. I also had a HPI Baja 5b. I enjoyed a 2wd slash also, and I am sure this will be great fun as well. If you think you need a 1/8 or larger to race, you are sadly mistaken.

Racing is about driver skill, not who has the fastest or most expensive rc. While I like my 1/8 ebuggy, I wanted something different, and the Rally fits perfectly. I am also looking forward to people that think the same way about Traxxas, because nothing makes me smile more than beating those people with a Traxxas.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I bought one of these last month. I loved it! Very scale like. I bought the orange and black one. The velineon system is very reliable. For day to day use on 2s this thing is proubly one of the most reliable rtr cars u can buy. The only thing is, stock tires are very hard. But, other than that its great!

Install the tekno cvds in the rear, pro line power strokes all the way around, put on a short course body, and some soft pin tires and you have a really good track car.

Diff fluids must be changed. The front is to thin. And the rear diff is only greased.

These are awesome cars! Pulling this thing out of the box when I got it was like being a kid again.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anyone have pics with the proline bodies installed?
Old 03-01-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

I am new to the Hobby and wanted to describe my impression of the Rally as I was browsing the huge selection of vehicles at my local hobby shop.

I started R/C about 15 years ago buying the RC10T2 a month after it was released and spent every penny on it fixing things I broke. Fast forward a couple of decades, last week I had some inspiration with a good friend and decided to get back into it. I wanted a 4wd off road R/C that would be good for any abuse I would give it as I relearned how to drive.

At the hobby shop I go to there are at least 30 cars, trucks, and MT's. All of them being RTR, it was disappointing I wouldn't be able to build it, but quickly found out that buying a kit would be almost double the cost because I always want the best stuff. I wanted the E Revo but after reading the box i found that it had two motors and two batterys so I immediately threw out that choice and decided to get a slash because one it is built in the USA, two I can modify it into anything I want (to race, a MT for bashing, a street truck, a crawler) and three the local hobby shop parts supply for replacement parts. I thought of it like my mustang and how its aftermarket support dominates any other car being produced. The Rally was at the same price point, but didnt have any ground clearance. It would allow me to run on an offroad surface but not in my back yard (bike trails, tree roots, mounds and ditches). I saw the difference between the two and ended up buying them both for about the same price I would of spent on the E Revo. I put some 2.8 trenchers on my slash and some road hawgs on my Rally and can play on any type of surface I can think of.

The Rally is a lot of fun to drive. It is nice and light but can take speed bumps and curbs just as good as my slash. It is perfect for rough roads you find in apartment complexes or downtown on main/broad street (potholes, cracked streets, San Francisco roads). It is better than my 2wd T2 in every aspect. I lived in europe and grew to hate hatchback bodys, so that is one thing I will be changing out this week. I am going to make some posts so I have the option to raise the body for a little more for ground clearance and find a body that looks good if I do that. Maybe putting on some 1/8 scale wheels would be the perfect remedy. If I go try out my local race track the rally will fit the bill a lot better than my slash, I just need to learn how to drive it better
Old 03-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well I ordered mine up yesterday.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:12 PM

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default rally

i want a rally for my son, but i will change the chassis out for a strc.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

I got mine in the mail it's pretty cool. I knew how big it was but it looks bigger in person. I have ran it a little in my yard goes great just need to raise my ride height as the front catches on some stuff.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ibuggyitruggy
it's not worthy for any real rc racing.
you are so wrong, since the dawn of man anytime you have two humans together there is a "competition" at first it was for food and shelter, thousands of years of "evolution" and you can be damn sure the first time two people driving wheeled vehicles met they GOT INTO A RACE.....
thats what we do as humans. Doesn't matter what it is we will race.......
FWIW I don't have a traxxas nor have I ever since holding their very first prototype car bitd but .... gimme one of those rally cars and you take one and tell me what we will be doing isn't real racing. Tricycles to wheelchairs.......
Old 04-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badaml
It's poor attitudes like this that not only keep people from the hobby, but also prevents people from going to the track.

I will tell you what, I have raced or run nitro and electric buggy, nitro and electric truggy, and also nitro and electric MT. I also had a HPI Baja 5b. I enjoyed a 2wd slash also, and I am sure this will be great fun as well. If you think you need a 1/8 or larger to race, you are sadly mistaken.

Racing is about driver skill, not who has the fastest or most expensive rc. While I like my 1/8 ebuggy, I wanted something different, and the Rally fits perfectly. I am also looking forward to people that think the same way about Traxxas, because nothing makes me smile more than beating those people with a Traxxas.
+1....Its easy to forget how few people on driver stands STARTED their rc experience on a driver stand...most started running great rc vehicles for fun and then caught the competitive bug. This vehicle, and many other Traxxas Vehicles are just a natural progression of that.....fun vehicles that can ALSO be reliable, accessible (parts-wise), and fast enough to be competitive...
Old 08-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

The versatility of this thing is impressive.
First, you are only tires, bumpers and a shell away from having a LCG Slash.
Second, Rally cars, if put in the right element, are extremely fun. The beautiful thing is that, for rally cars, the right element is all around you. It’s a multi surface vehicle. Step out of your front door and create a track. Start on the front porch and then cut through the garden (Don’t tell Mom), down the grass and splash through the water running down the gutter. Everything is a track. Just map it out and try to get better times.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:09 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Just because I had so much fun at the track, and really want to see Rally racing take off, especially with the new Losi...I will bump this thread
Old 06-14-2015, 06:16 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)
Default Racing

I don't if any of you guys are interested, but I thought I would post some of experiences racing my rally in local parking lot races. We've had two races this year at the Hobbytown in St. Charles, IL. In the first race they put us in with the 4WD SCT's. Yesterday, we had a separate class. There were two Traxxas Rallies, one Losi Rally and a Kyosho Rally in our heat. My rally performed well with the Proline Street Kings. I have GTR shocks with blue springs in the rear and Revo springs in the front to reduce chassis roll and chassis dive in the turns. I also installed a K-Power DHV150 servo and it's worked very well.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:15 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

At the Hobbytown in St. Charles, IL, we had a small group that ran 1/10 rallies as one of the classes in the parking lot series. We had a good time. My Traxxas Rally performed well and my K-Power servo really helped. I was lucky enough to finish first in the class. The store had a party for the racers and awarded trophies. It's too bad more tracks don't include the class.
New Traxxas 1/10th Rally...New Race class??-100_2728.jpg