Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
New Traxxas 1/10th Rally...New Race class?? >

New Traxxas 1/10th Rally...New Race class??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Traxxas 1/10th Rally...New Race class??

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default New Traxxas 1/10th Rally...New Race class??

There is a new vehicle out that might help liven up a new off road rally spec class..wanted to know your thoughts.

http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2012...rld-exclusive/
Old 10-04-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

that actually looks pretty neat. I'd like to see more on the specs, such as wheelbase, width, etc. the LCG layout is pretty nice and something I'd like to see on the slash. it's a new take on a rally car platform. It essentially looks like a 4wd buggy with a rally body on top. Wish it came with a fiesta body like their 1/16 rally cars.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Looks interesting...

Biggest issue I have is that it will only be available as a RTR but that's more an issue with Traxxas.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Kind of neat, but I think the issue would be thye would probably be incompatible with existing offroad tracks. Even 1/10 type tracks would have jumps too big for those cars. However, I can see this taking off at hobby shops where they don't have a real offroad track such as parking lot racing or smaller indoor carpet tracks where you could put some small bumps/jumps.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

That chassis might actually turn the Slash 4x4 into a competitive racer ! As for the Rally it is pretty cool , but SCT bodies get wasted pretty quickly as it is .

I bet this body is toast even quicker , and how much will a body cost ? I bet well over 45 each .
Old 10-04-2012, 09:20 AM
Team Tekin

Looks like a Slash4x4 with a hatch body. I've really thought about converting my SCTE into a rally car, all it does is just sit and collect dust now.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

I see your point about running it on a track, but one thing is for sure...with those large tires and brushless motor, you should have no problem at all changing the attitude of the car i the air....should be interesting....
Old 10-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Legend

Rally is on-road's future...
Old 10-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I think it looks very interesting, but as a racing class it will not catch on unless another manufacturer or two steps in and offers something in the same class. One hit wonders do not last for a racing class, like the SCB that almost died but might get a second chance now that AE is releasing a new car.

I do see slash fans trying out the low cg chassis, and I also the bashing crowd having a lot of fun running these. So it will not just die off in the hobby shops. But until it gets some direct competition it will not be a viable racing class. It will be like the SCB where they just run with what is the closest thing which once again looks like SC trucks.

And yes, that body will be thrashed in no time, any off road body that is over the fenders will. Just the nature of the design, but for the cost you do get a nice scale look.

FWIW, I would have a blast with one....

:edit:
Now this makes three times that Traxxas has pulled the trigger on new classes I can think of...

Short Course (that worked out well, every track runs that to death)

Dragster (jury is out on that being a racing class, not just for the lack of other options for cars, but the fact that it needs a "new track" to run, not going to do well on a VTA carpet...)

Now Rally (which I would like to see catch one to be honest)

Last edited by lbenton; 10-04-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If it were to come in something other than an RTR, it could be a cheap base for a light 1/8th buggy.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

I just found out the that the car out of the box will have a 'tarmac' setup......and that inserts and oil will be included i the box for a more aggressive off orad setup.....but, apparently, each of the setups can easily handle typical track jumps....I guess you will 'kite' big-time with that big body if you take a huge jump, but, you can roll those jumps, right? LOL
Old 10-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kufman
If it were to come in something other than an RTR, it could be a cheap base for a light 1/8th buggy.
I am sure that there will be some rollers out there o ebay, like there were when the slash 4x4 came out, lol
That would probably be the best bet :-)
Old 10-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lbenton
I think it looks very interesting, but as a racing class it will not catch on unless another manufacturer or two steps in and offers something in the same class. One hit wonders do not last for a racing class, like the SCB that almost died but might get a second chance now that AE is releasing a new car.

I do see slash fans trying out the low cg chassis, and I also the bashing crowd having a lot of fun running these. So it will not just die off in the hobby shops. But until it gets some direct competition it will not be a viable racing class. It will be like the SCB where they just run with what is the closest thing which once again looks like SC trucks.

And yes, that body will be thrashed in no time, any off road body that is over the fenders will. Just the nature of the design, but for the cost you do get a nice scale look.

FWIW, I would have a blast with one....

:edit:
Now this makes three times that Traxxas has pulled the trigger on new classes I can think of...

Short Course (that worked out well, every track runs that to death)

Dragster (jury is out on that being a racing class, not just for the lack of other options for cars, but the fact that it needs a "new track" to run, not going to do well on a VTA carpet...)

Now Rally (which I would like to see catch one to be honest)
I personally like to dream that there will be a racing class for this, but I know that racing wasnt the intention.....hopefully someone else comse out with something similar, or a cost effective way to race it on existing tracks..

But, for the Rally fans, you can really look at this as a great 10th scale (really 1/8th scale, since its much larger than a standard Tamiya-style) rally car...instead of an on road car with off road tires, or an 8th scale buggy with a body......I love seeing rallycross....
Old 10-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I am pretty excited to see this, although I agree there probably will not be much in the form of a racing class with it. I had the 1/16 traxxas rally for a while and it was a blast. Ultimately just got boring not being able to "race" it and I sold it. Interesting to see if this catches on
Old 10-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I think rally cross could take off. Have an on-road type layout with a dirt section and a cross over jump. I want to see the chassis on that Traxxas car. Some think it is basically an LCG slash 4x4. Will Traxxas try to make a more serious racer based Slash too?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.