Search

STRC Slash 4x4 LCG chassis coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 10:23 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jones8352
The funny part about the Savox servos is not all of them have a glitching problem. I don't know how many I have, that doesn't matter, I would say around 50% of them have some glitching problems. I put a 1256 in a e truggy and have it work perfectly, put the same servo in my wifes Pede and it about rattled the front tires off of it. I've been running Savox for a few seasons and haven't had any failures (knock on wood). I've bumped the internal bec voltage up on all of them without issues (so far). One quick cheap way to fix the glitching is a $5 Racers Edge glitch buster (or a Castle bec lol).
That is too funny. We sell a ton of those servos along with Futaba servos. We also carry a good amount of glitch buster cap setups from Spektrum and also keep a few Castle external BECs in stock so at least I can get them fixed up either way.

Funny how the same servos can give different results. I can say we don't have many servo failures with the Savox, Spectrum, or Futaba lines of products. They all seem to work well and been very reliable overall.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Well I Got my LCG Kit today..was so excited to put it together I already had my car apart waiting for it. Sad to say I Started to put it all together only to be stopped Immediately due to the fact that there were no Posts (steering or chassis) included with my order. Hopefully this will be resolved quickly
Old 12-29-2012, 01:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sidewind75
Well I Got my LCG Kit today..was so excited to put it together I already had my car apart waiting for it. Sad to say I Started to put it all together only to be stopped Immediately due to the fact that there were no Posts (steering or chassis) included with my order. Hopefully this will be resolved quickly
Oh man I feel for you pal, all excited and can't put it together. Steve will take of you, hang in there it's worth it.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:15 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Are you sure you didn't use the wrong post somehwere? It could happen but I would say it is totally not like STRC to have a missing part in a kit like that but it could happen. Sure Steve will take care of it quickly.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes I'm sure because I was going in order of the instructions and the very first thing is to fasten on the steering posts. And there are not any which I then looked for the others

Last edited by Sidewind75; 12-30-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yes I'm sure because I was going in order of the instructions and the very first thing is to fasten off the steering posts. And there are not any which I then looked for the others
Please send me an email: [email protected]

Let me know what your missing and I can send them out tomorrow to you

Sorry about that packaging mistake. It does happen from time to time, but we'll take care of you

Steve
Old 12-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Ty Steve I sent you an email

Last edited by Sidewind75; 12-30-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default I finally did it!

I just placed my order for the kit. I'm pretty excited. I re-read a few of the user reviews here and found some good ones on the Traxxas forum.

I'm pretty stoked about upgrading this truck. It was fun stock, but far from great on the track. I don't race but I do turn laps at the track so the new chassis should make for a better truck. I don't care about shaving seconds of a lap time (no transponder anyway) but I am hoping for a better driving experience. Plus, I get to tear something apart and rebuild it! That's half the fun.

Any set up tips for high traction, indoor clay tracks would be appreciated. I'm excited to experiment with different settings once this chassis arrives.

Last edited by sneako; 12-30-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:45 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Today I finally raced my production version STRC LCG kit. I didn't race the first two rounds as I was just going over a few things but I ran the 3rd round and qualified 3rd overall with no practice or setup time on this layout. In the main I ended up staying pretty smooth and took the win.

Need to work on the shock oils some as I'm just not happy with the overall combination but I now know what I'm working with.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Today I finally raced my production version STRC LCG kit. I didn't race the first two rounds as I was just going over a few things but I ran the 3rd round and qualified 3rd overall with no practice or setup time on this layout. In the main I ended up staying pretty smooth and took the win.

Need to work on the shock oils some as I'm just not happy with the overall combination but I now know what I'm working with.
Did you notice any difference between the prototype you were able to drive and the production version?
Old 12-31-2012, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wyd

What shocks are you using?
Old 12-31-2012, 10:15 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by sneako
Did you notice any difference between the prototype you were able to drive and the production version?
No the production version is just nicer overall since its the final version. Both versions are 100% better than stock and way stronger overall to.

The new chassis is brutally strong. We have a spine jump and the way its setup with the double in front if you hit it fast enough off the double you can clear th spine jump but hit it wrong it rips up equipment. We had a guy bend his Losi 4x4 SCT chassis pretty good that it was chucking front and rear driveshafts. Another guy broke a aluminum Losi bulkhead. Basically if you missed you tore stuff up. I did it once and nailed my chassis but it did even budge it. Since I have a chassis protector on it didn't leave a mark on it.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:20 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by jones8352
What shocks are you using?
Right now Proline Power Strokes. Going to work with more and put some new orings and refresh them. Going to try a little stiffer oil to slow the suspension some and then some softer springs as well. Then run a few laps to see if it is any better. Also going to try with the swaybars disconnected to. I would like to not buy different shocks. Either use my Prolines or stock Traxxas Big Bores.

Our track is smooth enough and not blown out since its indoor clay so I should not have to run Big shocks like SC10 4x4 or Losi SC 4x4 ones. I think the HPI D8 shocks are popular as well but I really don't think I need that.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wyd
Right now Proline Power Strokes. Going to work with more and put some new orings and refresh them. Going to try a little stiffer oil to slow the suspension some and then some softer springs as well. Then run a few laps to see if it is any better. Also going to try with the swaybars disconnected to. I would like to not buy different shocks. Either use my Prolines or stock Traxxas Big Bores.

Our track is smooth enough and not blown out since its indoor clay so I should not have to run Big shocks like SC10 4x4 or Losi SC 4x4 ones. I think the HPI D8 shocks are popular as well but I really don't think I need that.
When I first put this kit together I put on D8 shocks. Our track's like yours, smooth indoor clay so the D8 shocks were overkill. I switched to shocks off of a lcg Slash Ultimate. I like them, they're threaded aluminum with a 13mm bore. Only problem is they're so new that parts aren't available yet. That shouldn't be a problem much longer.

You mentioned how tough this chassis is. I have lots of hours of track time on this kit and I've only broken one part and it was a driveshaft which doesn't have any thing to do with the kit itself. To me that's pretty impressive since while I'm not a sloppy driver I do run hard. I can't stand being behind someone. LOL By the way the driveshaft I broke was one of the new Traxxas Slash cv shafts. The pin seems to be the weak link. To fix the problem I'm either going to put a bigger pin out of one of my 1/8 buggy shafts or maybe try something hard like a drill bit. I don't know if that would end up being brittle, a little too hard. I might not be able to drill it out big enough for a larger pin without weaking the whole thing. I'm rather disapointed in the shafts, they only lasted two trips to the track. Thoughts on the fix? I put revo outputs on the rear dif and have been running T-max shafts for years, rock solid. I put the Traxxas steel shafts on the front because the Max shafts were so big I was loosing steering.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:02 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

I did see the new Traxxas drive shaft and its kinda TC3 like. DIfference is on the Slash 4x4 guys are running way more power than was ever available for the TC3 back then.

Need to check those shocks out you mentioned. Well a little closer look at them. I will see what the distributor might have in stock.

I did put on my stock Traxxas big bores from when I first bought my Platinum Slash. It was immediately better over the section I had problems with but the Traxxas prgressive springs work but make it bounce. I just bought some Traxxas white non progressive springs to try out. Might get to try them late this afternoon if I get to the shop today. WHere closed but I might go in and work on my stuff some.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.