STRC Slash 4x4 LCG chassis coming soon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

STRC Slash 4x4 LCG chassis coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

The stock motor and ESC will work fine. The NiMH may need a foam on the ends but will be fine as well. Basicly anything that came on the slash will work.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kornatoa
The stock motor and ESC will work fine. The NiMH may need a foam on the ends but will be fine as well. Basicly anything that came on the slash will work.
There's already foam in the battery tray on mine, it's "Lipo ready".

I might think about doing that LCG conversion, it's a beautiful piece of kit and the price really isn't bad at all.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IMO this was the best $100 I've ever spent on an rc and trust me I've spent a ton of money on these little rockets! LOL Right now I have 16 rc's that run with another one coming in January. My wife thinks I may have a major addiction. Na couldn't be! Hehehe
Old 12-19-2012, 07:26 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jones8352
IMO this was the best $100 I've ever spent on an rc and trust me I've spent a ton of money on these little rockets! LOL Right now I have 16 rc's that run with another one coming in January. My wife thinks I may have a major addiction. Na couldn't be! Hehehe
Man I wish I would of kept some of my R/C stuff I have had over the years. Oh well I have 5 right now and growing.

Your wife is right. It is an addiction and it tapers off some but never really goes 100% away. Good thing I work part time at a hobby shop. Now if I could just fit Bass Pro into a 3rd job I would be set.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Guys, I have the STRC metal bell crack, and after the conversion, I have to loosen the screws of the steering post (both uppper and lower) in order to make it turn smoothly.

Did I miss something? Please help~
Old 12-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Adept

You may over over tightened the screws up to make it bind up a lil. I have to keep and eye on tightening of things. Or I'll have stripped screws or bound up parts.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:16 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by iggihk
Guys, I have the STRC metal bell crack, and after the conversion, I have to loosen the screws of the steering post (both uppper and lower) in order to make it turn smoothly.

Did I miss something? Please help~
Make sure you that you have just a tad bit of play from the topdeck to you post that the bell cranks sit on. If you shim too tightly then when you tighten the top deck it could bind up. You should have just enough space to tighten it all up snugly without binding. The top two screws going into the steer posts don't need to be super tight. Just a tad snug is plenty for those two screws.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

I know the feeling. Thankfully, the wife has her own hobbies that I don't understand, so we just let each other do whatever we want (within reason)

My bigger problem is that most of my RCs are basically partially finished projects at the moment
Old 12-20-2012, 04:53 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Vostok 7
I know the feeling. Thankfully, the wife has her own hobbies that I don't understand, so we just let each other do whatever we want (within reason)

My bigger problem is that most of my RCs are basically partially finished projects at the moment
My wife never says much because at one time I bought her a horse and we kept it for over 12 years til it because a pasture horse because she was getting a little old to ride. Talk about an expensive hobby. She never says a word on what I sped on R/C.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Parts question

I recently bought a set of shocks on Ebay that were pulled off of one of the new lcg Slash 4x4. I love the shocks, the rear shocks fit perfectly and the fronts fit good but I would like a little more droop. I was thinking maybe I could put on some longer shock ends to gain a few mm. Problem is I can't find any thing bigger except for the ones off of my 1/8 stuff and they're to big for the shafts to screw into. I went to my local HobbyTown and they didn't have any thing either. I was going to put a set of rear shock shafts in the front but since they just came on the market they're not available yet. Question is do any of you guys know where I can get longer shocks ends that'll fit onto Traxxas shocks?
Old 12-21-2012, 08:06 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

I recently bought a set of shocks on Ebay that were pulled off of one of the new lcg Slash 4x4. I love the shocks, the rear shocks fit perfectly and the fronts fit good but I would like a little more droop. I was thinking maybe I could put on some longer shock ends to gain a few mm. Problem is I can't find any thing bigger except for the ones off of my 1/8 stuff and they're to big for the shafts to screw into. I went to my local HobbyTown and they didn't have any thing either. I was going to put a set of rear shock shafts in the front but since they just came on the market they're not available yet. Question is do any of you guys know where I can get longer shocks ends that'll fit onto Traxxas shocks?
If you have the room you can probably get 2mm to 3mm more length just by unscrewing the bottom of the shock eyelet 2 or 3 turns. Not sure how much more droop you are looking for or you could put on a little bit longer shock bottom if turning it out don't give you enough droop.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wyd
If you have the room you can probably get 2mm to 3mm more length just by unscrewing the bottom of the shock eyelet 2 or 3 turns. Not sure how much more droop you are looking for or you could put on a little bit longer shock bottom if turning it out don't give you enough droop.
I've already turned it out about 3mm, what I'm trying to find is a longer shock end. Do you know where I can find one that will fit on that small shaft that's longer. I would like to find one that's 5 to 10mm longer. Right now the shock is on the 3rd hole from the outside on the arm with very little droop. I'd like to be able to mount it in the 2nd hole with plenty of droop.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

I've already turned it out about 3mm, what I'm trying to find is a longer shock end. Do you know where I can find one that will fit on that small shaft that's longer. I would like to find one that's 5 to 10mm longer. Right now the shock is on the 3rd hole from the outside on the arm with very little droop. I'd like to be able to mount it in the 2nd hole with plenty of droop.
You can get another 2.5MM by using a Losi Ten-SCTE front shock shaft but you will have to drill out the Traxxas piston to fit on the shock shaft. I didn't measure the Ten-SCTE rears but you might be able to get that additional 10MM that way.

I've used Traxxas GTR shock shafts in Ten-SCTE shocks to reduce their overall length so I know the shafts interchange with minimal headaches.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ta_man
You can get another 2.5MM by using a Losi Ten-SCTE front shock shaft but you will have to drill out the Traxxas piston to fit on the shock shaft. I didn't measure the Ten-SCTE rears but you might be able to get that additional 10MM that way.

I've used Traxxas GTR shock shafts in Ten-SCTE shocks to reduce their overall length so I know the shafts interchange with minimal headaches.
I bought some longer Traxxas shafts, basically I was trying to put rear shafts on the front but they did'nt work since the GTR shafts are held on with a lock nut instead of an e-clip. I've only had my SCTE a short time so I haven't taken the shocks apart, are the shafts threaded on the pistion end?
Old 12-21-2012, 09:51 PM
Tech Rookie

looking for some help, I lust converted my 4x4 slash with the strc chassis conversion (which it totally awesome) but i would like to upgrade my motor. will the stock speed controler still work with a better motor or need to change that also? what is a good setup for what im running?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.