Community
Wiki Posts
Search

STRC Slash 4x4 LCG chassis coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Just got mine today. The whole package looks so nice. Parts and packaging is top notch. What a GREAT DEAL! Top quality all the way!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:36 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxgregg
Just got mine today. The whole package looks so nice. Parts and packaging is top notch. What a GREAT DEAL! Top quality all the way!
Awesome. More and more guys are posting that the new chassis's are arriving.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Man! Mine can't get there soon enough!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks Steve~

stand up guy! yet another reason to continue to do business with you.

Get well soon!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:23 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by erevo1*16
Thanks Steve~

stand up guy! yet another reason to continue to do business with you.

Get well soon!
Steve will not put down other companies products like the other LCG chassis companies have been doing but I guess when you cost that much more you have to try something so they resort to 100% false claims so that along tells you all you would need to know about a company. When an owner has to put down other companies products that shows me all I need to know.

Christmas is approaching so if you need something for your wife or girlfriend to get you a new STRC chassis is an excellent choice. Just show them how much money you are saving them and it will probably be under the tree for you. Everyone likes great deals thats for sure and this one came about 30 day early.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Mine just showed up this morning! Getting ready to build it now Pics will be up ASAP!
Old 11-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking Extra tool needed?

Originally Posted by teamstrc
Looks like guys are beginning to receive their LCG kits...and at this point I do apologize for not having all the step by step instruction up yet, it will be finished by the end of the day (couple of personal health issue is getting in the way)

Steve
Just a quick question on the step by step instructions; in Part 1, Step 1, Photo 2 it appears that Jack Link's is one of the tools needed to complete the kit. Do I need to purchase some? I don't have a problem with it I just need to run to the LGS and pick it up.

On a serious note, the write-up looks great and looking forward to receiving my chassis, sadly it won't be in TN until Monday. But I have a few STRC blue parts to add to it! And some shiny new Tekin red parts as well!

Hope you feel better soon,
Kevin
Old 11-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MidTCrawler
Just a quick question on the step by step instructions; in Part 1, Step 1, Photo 2 it appears that Jack Link's is one of the tools needed to complete the kit. Do I need to purchase some? I don't have a problem with it I just need to run to the LGS and pick it up.

On a serious note, the write-up looks great and looking forward to receiving my chassis, sadly it won't be in TN until Monday. But I have a few STRC blue parts to add to it! And some shiny new Tekin red parts as well!

Hope you feel better soon,
Kevin
Ahahahahaha, I was wondering if someone was going to notice that. I've been doing a bit more racing this year and it's funny that beef jerky and black coffee (I know....gross lol) has become my default racer food. For Jack Link's I recommend Teriyaki flavored....lol

Thanks for the get well wishes everyone....man this cold knocked me out hard for a couple of weeks now, but finally getting better now that I'm heavily medicated with antibiotics

Steve
Old 11-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Dude~

Cannot debate... Teri is the winner here.

and you didn't go all "wally-world" cheap. you got the real deal.

Links Snacks Inc.
1 Snack Food Ln
Minong, WI 54859
(715) 466-2234

Not too far from a certain guy who is maybe waiting by the door for his chassis.....

that photo could be the start to a beautiful relationship... Monster=Traxxas, Rock Star=Losi, DC=anyone who wants on the band wagon....

STRC was meant for Jack Link's... just don't go messin' with Sasqu!

#daydreaming up a Jack Links RC tv ad in my head.

anyway, I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen more pics of dudes who got their chassis today... maybe later.

Im gonna go home on my lunch break tomorrow to see if mine arrived or not~
Old 11-30-2012, 07:47 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Default Additonal info on the LCG chassis

Steve posted that he has added some additional information on his website for when building your new chassis setup.

The bearing for the rear mount will be tight on the tolerance as to make sure the bearing don't move around. It must be pushed in straight as any angle will make it a lot harder to get the bearing in.

You will have a little play back and forth between the diff/slipper so it won't bind the tranny and you take a huge hit on the rear of the truck. If you want to shim that up a little it can be done with .05mm shims from the wheel axle, slip it on the end of the center diff where it goes into the rear gear box and thats it.

For the motor on most Castle sized motors and 550 canned motors they have different motor mounting holes on the can so you normally just need to rotate the can til you get a pair of matching holes. All standard motors like the Castle 1406, 1410 series and all 550 cans will have holes on the can that fit every standard size motor mount made from almost every possible vehicle on the market including the new STRC mount. Nothing funny on that part of the install.

ESC wise you should have plenty of room after the motor for the esc to fit between the motor and servo. Like me when I put my new chassis on I will have to move my electronics around some to get the look I want. Everyone will be different on this.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Ok, got my chassis all put together yesterday. Still waiting on some other parts to arrive to make it a roller though.... First impression upon opening up the box, the chassis is BEEFY! Super thick and it definately didn't get the memo that it needed to be weak. Machining and finish is amazing and all the tolerances are perfect! Assembly was a breeze without any hickups! Tons of room for electronics and plenty of adjustability for weight bias front to rear with the battery tray. The motor mount is awesome and makes changing pinions a breeze!There is only one thing that bugs me, and that is, many people like me us direct bullet plugs to the battery, and the way the battery is positioned in the chassis with the upper brace overlapping it, makes it super difficult to plug in the bullet to the battery. It would be nice to see a cutaway in the upper brace so as to make it easier to access that plug. Now, on to some pics

Battery plug I am talking about.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:29 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

MitchellY beautiful install you did. I really like appreciate neat wiring.

What I do it to solder my one post at a 90 degree angle (mine is the negative one on my setup). I take my battery and place it close enough to put the negative lead in my lipo, and then install the pack under the top plate and put the battery holder on. Then before I race I simply plug in my positive lead, turn my radio on and hit the speedo switch on and I'm ready.

Holes in the top deck would be nice but I think with the different sized packs out he would of needed a few holes because of being able to move the battery around.

It is truly a beefy chassis thats for sure. No one is getting cheated in that area. Honestly if your flexing this one you are probably doing something you shouldn't be. I highly doubt on normal racing and bashing that these chassis's will bend like I have seen with some others and no graphite bottom plate to crack and splinter like I see all the time in touring cars, pan cars, and dirt oval cars. No CA and sanding of the graphite to inhale and is highly a cancer causing if you don't wear a mask.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Thank you for that tip! HAHA Yeah someone would almost have to drive a car over it or something! I hand the chassis plate to my bro and told him I'd pay him $50 if he could bend it..... he still doesn't have that $50....

Thank you for the kind words on wiring. I'm kinda neat freak with my vehicles.... makes it much easier to work on things, and it looks good to!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:08 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by MitchellY
Thank you for that tip! HAHA Yeah someone would almost have to drive a car over it or something! I hand the chassis plate to my bro and told him I'd pay him $50 if he could bend it..... he still doesn't have that $50....

Thank you for the kind words on wiring. I'm kinda neat freak with my vehicles.... makes it much easier to work on things, and it looks good to!
Thats funny. By now he has arm pump trying to bend it.

Yes neat wiring makes working on the truck so much easier and also much easier to clean. When I put my new chassis on instead of the test one I'm really going to clean up my wiring thats for sure. Even easy wiring takes me more time than most because like you I'm anal when it comes to wiring neatly. I don't get carried away like some but don't want a birds nest either........if I want that I will just get my bait casting reel out.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

Ugh!!! how many posts do I need to make to be able to post a URL or an img.

got my chassis... I'll be test driving tonight!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.