Wiki Posts
Search

STRC Slash 4x4 LCG chassis coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamstrc
keep the king-pins, try them out, let me know what you think.
^Thanks Steve!!! I will report back for sure.

push it in really hard
^ :LOL: This make me think you are feeling better.

So, this was one of those builds that nothing went right... dropping screws grabing the wrong thing... it took me, and a friend 5 hours.... ---oh wait... we were just B.S'ing around the entire night!---

Build went pretty smooth. (there were a few things in the step-by-step instructions that were not 100% accurate; but all-in-all pretty easy to follow. I know they can't be easy to write.)

(Steve I'll email you what I noticed.)

i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd435/revo16/IMG-20121201-00308-1.jpg

i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd435/revo16/IMG-20121130-00302-1.jpg

(ps. I got a new "quality" soldering iron for my birthday last month~ if you learn to solder with a cheap one... the minute you get a good one... your damn near a pro!)
Old 12-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elementr1
Now debating if I want to take apart my SSC or find a cheap roller on ebay or craigslist to compare both???
Me personally I would take apart the SSC and rebuild the other components of the truck and then throw our chassis kit on there. Having ran the SSC and now trying ours out you will be able to tell the difference between the two (and I be really interested to hear your feedback)

Steve
Old 12-01-2012, 09:30 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by erevo1*16
Ugh!!! how many posts do I need to make to be able to post a URL or an img.

got my chassis... I'll be test driving tonight!
Normally if you have a Photobucket account you can get pictures to post. Not sure honestly how many and if they actually have a number of posts you need. Marco is one of the moderators here and if you PM him he would be able to answer that. Just give him a little bit as he is pretty busy.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

(ps. I got a new "quality" soldering iron for my birthday last month~ if you learn to solder with a cheap one... the minute you get a good one... your damn near a pro!)

Oh totally! I soldered with a 15w radioshack one, and a few years ago got a Team Checkpoint TC950 80W one and I instantly became so much better! I actually do alot of soldering work for other people...
Old 12-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Steve the new chassis are excellent looking. I saw WYD's when he is at the shop working and I'm impressed. I have lots of parts machines for the shop and that is some quality machine work.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I think someone was questioning the weight of the LCG kit and they were wondering if it is indeed only around 6 lbs ready to run. I have two picture of my own truck:

1) is with the body off (so it shows full running gear) and with a 5300 2S Lipo it comes in a 5lbs 12 ozs

2) add the body on and the truck is at 6lbs 2 ozs. I normally just run a 5000 lipo and that should actually put it closer to 6lbs.

So one more mystery solved, the truck is indeed around 6lbs. In the article it explain in more detail how we look for areas to save weight on all components of the truck from chassis narrowing right down to the smaller component's shape (battery blocks, brackets, servo mounts...etc.) and all that weight saved here and there contributed to keeping the LCG kit at a nice weight at the end

Steve
Love that photo. Post it on RC Short Course on the STRC thread that WYD has going. Let that guy eat his words on the truck couldn't possibly weight 6lb 1oz. Have to love proving some of these know it alls wrong.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default almost...

From the photos the chassis looks great. Nice job STRC!

Also great to hear that the build process is smooth fit and finish is top notch.

A few good posts about handling and I'll be closer to pulling the trigger!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Just got done practicing with the new chassis. All I can say is WOW. We played for almost 4 hours. Not one traction roll. Instead of rolling if you go into a corner hot, it slides around completely under control. Also it flies much better now. We have a high speed triple that is right after a fast sweeping left. I could never consistently make the triple. Now I can do it effortlessly. It sail threw the air flat and under control. If you want a huge improvement in your slash. Get this chassis.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

Well, my first pack was awful... (not because of the chassis... but because of my set up.)

I had it sprung WAY too light, (never ran a slash 4x4 before this one... this was a "from scratch" build for me... and I am used to the 2wd world.

can anyone say Oil&Water? I was much too light on the springs in front, and too verticle on all 4 shocks... just way too soft. front was over dampened to boot.

and I ended up forgeting to put a down-travel limiter in my rear shocks (DUH) dogbone popped out on a flat ground left hand turn.

I'm headed out to the shop to take some more pics. (I'll try to add them when I get back in, before I go to bed.)
Old 12-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Tech Regular

Well, I am going to try to post another img. I am just guessing, but; I bet it is set up so that when I get to my 10th post or something goofy like that it will change my rules automatically.

I am sure sooner or later I'll have full abilities here like I do over at the friendly forums on URC.

So, there are a couple things that bum me out about the new chassis... very very minor, and Don't get me wrong... I LOVE IT!

but; I wish that the battery tie-down bar/posts were a little different. the way they are "out of the kit" you can't "leave them alone." you need to either trim your CF battery strap, or cut off your tie-down posts. I opt'd for both. I cut one side of the strap so it was flat rather than an hour glass shape; as well as cut the posts off so that I can run only a "standard" size 2s hard case.----- not a big deal, but if I want to run a 3s now, I'm kind of S.O.L.

The other item that irked me was the sticker sheets. I was going to put the white url logo on the battery strap "www"--team--strc(dot)com <--- again, still can't post a link of any kind because I'm too much of a Noob.

anyway; my sticker sheets are printed on a blue filmed vinyl. so I'd have to cut out eace and every single space rather than the old ones that were printed on clear vinyl. (too bad I'll have to resort to not having an STRC logo on the truck.

If you feel like checking out my photos just go to photobucket, search "revo16" and then it will show you photos related to revo16, as well ask if you'd like to see "revo16's profile" (they are in the main album, as of the time of this orginal post from me... they are the newest 8 pics.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Tech Regular

Rear Left: (sway bar, tekno RPM, STRC caps.)
(!good thing I took this Picture!!!! Check out that Grub screw!)

Left Chassis: (cut battery strap/posts, added stand-offs for the nerf bars.)

Front Left: (prett much the same stuff as in the rear...)

Bird's eye:

Front Left:

Right Side:

With tires:

Ride height:
Old 12-03-2012, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Right Side:

Truck looks good, I would maybe suggest flipping the nerf bars over so you could run shorter standoffs and achieve the same coverage. I'm worried with that long of screw and standoff it may provide too much leverage to bend the screws.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Well, I am going to try to post another img. I am just guessing, but; I bet it is set up so that when I get to my 10th post or something goofy like that it will change my rules automatically.

I am sure sooner or later I'll have full abilities here like I do over at the friendly forums on URC.

So, there are a couple things that bum me out about the new chassis... very very minor, and Don't get me wrong... I LOVE IT!

but; I wish that the battery tie-down bar/posts were a little different. the way they are "out of the kit" you can't "leave them alone." you need to either trim your CF battery strap, or cut off your tie-down posts. I opt'd for both. I cut one side of the strap so it was flat rather than an hour glass shape; as well as cut the posts off so that I can run only a "standard" size 2s hard case.----- not a big deal, but if I want to run a 3s now, I'm kind of S.O.L.

The other item that irked me was the sticker sheets. I was going to put the white url logo on the battery strap "www"--team--strc(dot)com <--- again, still can't post a link of any kind because I'm too much of a Noob.

anyway; my sticker sheets are printed on a blue filmed vinyl. so I'd have to cut out eace and every single space rather than the old ones that were printed on clear vinyl. (too bad I'll have to resort to not having an STRC logo on the truck.

If you feel like checking out my photos just go to photobucket, search "revo16" and then it will show you photos related to revo16, as well ask if you'd like to see "revo16's profile" (they are in the main album, as of the time of this orginal post from me... they are the newest 8 pics.
I know...I know...I didn't like the quality of our latest batch of decals either. As soon as we work through these we will make them better

Good looking truck, that grub-screw is just screaming for some blue loc-tite

Steve
Old 12-03-2012, 07:27 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Well since we have our big oval racing coming up and no offroad racing for 2 weeks looks like Tuesday I will finally get to start putting my new STRC chassis on and get the original all packed up and sent back to Steve. I been so busy building my new buggy for 2wd mod at our track helping getting stuff ready for our back to back big races its been crazy.

We have 400 plus coming for a 5 day event next week and then followed by another 125 plus for our offroad. Plus this Sat we had 96 oval guys and then Sunday another 93 for offroad. A ton of racers the past few days so its lots of work just getting everything cleaned up and ready for the next one.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking Chassis is in!

Received my chassis and took a picture of the items going in the truck. Also I haven't seen where the Jack Link's is used in the construction of the truck, but I have mine!

Haven't reached my post limit yet so you will have to copy and paste the link. This was taken with my phone, I will provide better images as the truck is built.

i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b508/MidTCrawler/Traxxas_Slash_4x4_STRC_LCG_002.jpg

Kevin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.