Search

STRC Slash 4x4 LCG chassis coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 01:19 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MidTCrawler
Received my chassis and took a picture of the items going in the truck. Also I haven't seen where the Jack Link's is used in the construction of the truck, but I have mine!

Haven't reached my post limit yet so you will have to copy and paste the link. This was taken with my phone, I will provide better images as the truck is built.

i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b508/MidTCrawler/Traxxas_Slash_4x4_STRC_LCG_002.jpg

Kevin
Look good to go. A bonus to have the Jack Links at the table so now you can keep building and when you feel a little hunger you now can just some of that Jack Links and keep working.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

quote wyd
Last night I really did get to play around with the motor mount. I didn't have long enough motor screws in so my motor was coming loose which was totally my fault. Nice thing though is I changed pinions 2 times last night and then used longer motor screws to mount the track part of the aluminum mount to my motor. Then sliding it into place and getting proper gear mesh was a breeze. Could of been easier!!!!!!!!!!! Just use the right sized screws for the motor. [/QUOTE]

Running same motor. So WHAT are the right sized screws so I don't have the
same problem?

Last edited by comish; 12-03-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default very soon

I had my truck at the track today and it was a mess. I tried some new springs and I couldn't turn consistet laps. I'm used to 2WD SC and Buggy so the 4x4 world is still foreign to me. Not knowing how to drive a 4x4 plus a bad setup equals a rough day. Today's track experience gave me another reason to buy this chassis.

There was one guy running the RCE chassis on his Slash 4x4 and he was doing much better than me. Funny enough, last night I read through the RC Short Course forum thread about the STRC chassis ... whoa, what a mess that turned into. Glad to see it was resolved (kind of).

I will keep checking this thread for customer updates and hopefully indoor clay set-up ideas.

Last edited by sneako; 12-03-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MidTCrawler
Received my chassis and took a picture of the items going in the truck. Also I haven't seen where the Jack Link's is used in the construction of the truck, but I have mine!

Haven't reached my post limit yet so you will have to copy and paste the link. This was taken with my phone, I will provide better images as the truck is built.

i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b508/MidTCrawler/Traxxas_Slash_4x4_STRC_LCG_002.jpg

Kevin
I didn't get any beef jerky with my chassis, lol.
Have fun as it looks like a ton of good stuff there.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I bet WYD starts with the Jacks Links.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Optional "tools".

Originally Posted by bridic
I didn't get any beef jerky with my chassis, lol.
Have fun as it looks like a ton of good stuff there.
If you check the photo of the tools in the instructions on STRC's website you will see this is one of the "tools" for the job. It's not necessary but an optional thing. I just went ahead and brought mine out.

Going to get started on it tomorrow as I want to take some pictures while I'm doing it.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Help

Just finished putting together my LCG kit and its amazing!!! so far

1 problem..I'm using all the traxxas stock parts , and now that you put the servo in side ways. How do you adjust it to work?

Thanks!!!

other quick notes, the battery post/clips, they just don't fit right, it will not line up unless you cut that small tip off the bottom, cause where the screw is suppose to screw into, the tip goes instead, so i cut it and rotated.

also the batterys with quick pull out, will bend like my gen aces. ;
Old 12-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sneako
I had my truck at the track today and it was a mess. I tried some new springs and I couldn't turn consistet laps. I'm used to 2WD SC and Buggy so the 4x4 world is still foreign to me. Not knowing how to drive a 4x4 plus a bad setup equals a rough day. Today's track experience gave me another reason to buy this chassis.

There was one guy running the RCE chassis on his Slash 4x4 and he was doing much better than me. Funny enough, last night I read through the RC Short Course forum thread about the STRC chassis ... whoa, what a mess that turned into. Glad to see it was resolved (kind of).

I will keep checking this thread for customer updates and hopefully indoor clay set-up ideas.
Well, now that you know what a stock chassis feels like, if you decide to put on the LCG you'll instantly be able to tell the difference between the two.

yeah, rc short course is a bit harsh....
Old 12-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mmpsplit21
Just finished putting together my LCG kit and its amazing!!! so far

1 problem..I'm using all the traxxas stock parts , and now that you put the servo in side ways. How do you adjust it to work?

Thanks!!!

other quick notes, the battery post/clips, they just don't fit right, it will not line up unless you cut that small tip off the bottom, cause where the screw is suppose to screw into, the tip goes instead, so i cut it and rotated.

also the batterys with quick pull out, will bend like my gen aces. ;
For the servo, you'll have to re-center it now that it is horizontal instead of vertical. So remove the servo horn, turn on the radio and then turn on the car, the servo should center itself (make sure the steering trim is set back at zero) and then install the servo horn on the servo again at as close as you can straight vertical (perpendicular to the horizontal servo) and then install the steering link to it.

Ideally you'll want to be able to adjust the end points as well to make sure the servo doesn't throw too far left and right.

Steve
Old 12-04-2012, 07:34 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by gatrbite
I bet WYD starts with the Jacks Links.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:41 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by sneako

Running a 4wd SC is a lot different than when I run my 2wd Mod SC or my 2wd mod buggy. Everything it does is pretty much different and it has more speed than my 2wd SC and more braking ability than the other two.

Putting on a LCG chassis from STRC I gained over a 1 second a lap faster with not even a good setup. Tonight I will work on getting my chassis setup on and hope to get some pics with at least the roller setup. Electronics normally take me awhile as I really like a neat setup and that takes me a lot more time to do overall.

Its is a little bumpy on the other site but often times great products take some lumps because others are jealous. It happens to all companies at one time or another. Can't do much about others posting false info. Happens daily to all business's.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Its is a little bumpy on the other site but often times great products take some lumps because others are jealous. It happens to all companies at one time or another. Can't do much about others posting false info. Happens daily to all business's.

I've never been to any other forums before URC... and the only reason I am on here making a post at all is because Steve linked this one at the bottom of his site... (why he hasn't linked the thread at URC I don't get.)

I'm not trying to put down any other forums at all here... but I just don't get why folks don't think that the golden rule should still apply...

The Golden Rule: for those who have forgot it:
"If you don't have anything nice to say; shut your damn mouth" (I'm paraphrasing.)

Old 12-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Rookie

I follow 4 forums right now.
That is down from 7 ,lol.

Traxxas, Ultimate RC, RC Short Course and R/C Tech.
A ton of good information in all the forums.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:25 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by erevo1*16
I'm not trying to put down any other forums at all here... but I just don't get why folks don't think that the golden rule should still apply...

The Golden Rule: for those who have forgot it:
"If you don't have anything nice to say; shut your damn mouth" (I'm paraphrasing.)

Its just easier to make stuff up that is false. Its just the way it is in the real world and the computer age. No one ever does it face to face anymore.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Any ideas

I put my kit together today, it went fairly smooth until I tried to set the mesh. I think I have the mesh set about as good as it'll get and it's very noisy. The pinion and the spur are both new. Any body got any hot tips I would sure apprecite it. I not a rookie, I've doing this for a long time and this is bugging the heck out me. Oh by the way the kit brought new life back in my intrest of my old Slash. I'm looking forward to hitting the track with it in the next few days to see if it can keep up with my SCTE or my SC10 4x4. I was comparing the way they sit and I think the old girl is going do just fine. I had a bunch of motor esc options. I decided to run a cc 3800 with a mmp to keep the weight down and steering will be handled by a Savox 1256. Nothing fancy but should roll pretty good. I'm curious about the weight so I'm taking it to the grocery store tomorrow morning to weigh it. You did a good job Steve, this is going to be a big seller!

I must have been over tired, I reset the mesh today and it's much quieter. All I have left to do is shorten the motor wires and tidy the wiring a bit. Oh and take the Losi stickers off that body. LOL

Last edited by jones8352; 12-05-2012 at 07:17 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.