Search

STRC Slash 4x4 LCG chassis coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 08:20 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default STRC Slash 4x4 LCG chassis coming soon

Ok its 100% official that Steve Wang at STRC is working on a new LCG kit for the Slash 4x4. The new new chassis should be coming out to the public near the end of October or very early in November.

This will be different than the other LCG chassis setups as it will have the servo mount off the chassis to lower the CG just a little more and be more setup like the touring cars do instead of standing the thing up and do like the stock setup.

The new chassis is 4mm thick with a 2.5mm thick carbon fiber toplate. Battery positions are fully adjustable to suit your driving style.

The new motor mount will be one of the easiest to adjust with only need to loosen and tighten two screws on the top of the motor mount instead of off the back plate like most others. No more long allen wrenches to adjust your motor/pinion spacing.

A few other changes have been made to the initial cad drawings that where first sited about a month ago. Lots of changes since those and all to make it a much better LCG setup overall than before.

The other and one of the best things is all this for a roughly 99.95 price range which I think is easily one of the least expensive setups that will be on the market.

Keep check back as I will have the prototype chassis in about 2 weeks and will have pictures of that for everyone to so. Going to give the consumer another choice when it comes to buying a LCG chassis for the 4x4 Slash and everyone already knows that STRC has some of the best quality parts in the industry and some of the best prices.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:23 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

I will have the first cad drawing of the newest updated here by Sunday at the latest. It will be the first picture of it that is not scrambled so you will be the first to see it, even before any of the magazines get the real picture. Steve might post the prototype picture but if not once I get the chassis setup I will be posting pics.

Any questions I can't answer I will find out from Steve and get a reply back to you.

Brian
Old 09-28-2012, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

patiently waiting
Old 09-28-2012, 08:44 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by 84 GT 5.0
patiently waiting
It will be a ton of bang for the money. Everything you need to make your 4x4 Slash a very competitive racer for not a lot of money.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:52 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

For those of you who race at Bumps and Jumps R/C you will be able to look at my 4x4 Slash in roughly 2 weeks or so and see the new chassis setup that will be coming out. I will have it at a few other tracks as well but home track is Bumps so it will be first seen at this track. I will have pics as always.

Here is my current 4x4 Slash setup with all STRC aluminum instead of the Traxxas Platinum aluminum. This will give you an idea of my truck before and after.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:11 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Steve at STRC is doing something I'm not sure I have seen before. He started a forum on his website that will take the customer thru the start and finish of his LCG 4x4 Slash chassis project.

He is writing and posting a series of articles on how the LCG chassis goes from idea to final production. Not sure another manufacture has even given the insight on how products are come up with and whats involved to make it become reality. Check it out as it will be very cool to see how this happens.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I think your slash is incredible, but Its hardly a slash any more. What's actually left on your truck that is actually a stock part.

Like I said yours is great, and I am paying you a compliment. I like the idea of the new chassis that your sharing, but I just have a hard time understanding why so many people buy a slash, change every part on a slash, still call it a slash, just to be able to compete with other sct's on the market. Why not just buy something else.

As for strc, they are incredible, and IMO they would be incredibly successful just designing their own truck. If they did I'm sure it would be amazing.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:05 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by OG RC 10T
I think your slash is incredible, but Its hardly a slash any more. What's actually left on your truck that is actually a stock part.

Like I said yours is great, and I am paying you a compliment. I like the idea of the new chassis that your sharing, but I just have a hard time understanding why so many people buy a slash, change every part on a slash, still call it a slash, just to be able to compete with other sct's on the market. Why not just buy something else.

As for strc, they are incredible, and IMO they would be incredibly successful just designing their own truck. If they did I'm sure it would be amazing.
Sorry would of got to this sooner but my home computer is down so I needed to use the one at work.

Yes I have changed out some parts on my stock Slash 4x4. At first I just replaced the stock Traxxas Platinum aluminum for the STRC aluminum. Didn't have to but since I race for STRC I thought I should be testing with the same aluminum parts.

As for the money I'm not sure I have much more than every person that has a Losi at our track. Everyone has optional chassis's, braces, and a few other hopups so most have more money in their Losi than I have in my Slash.

Shock towers I put on because they look nice, the stock plastic ones where totally fine. The Proline shocks I already had from another SC so they really didn't cost me anything and running back to back to the stock big bores didn't see a huge difference between them honestly.

So while I do have a few bucks in my stuff I find that even the Losi and Associated guys pour as much money in their stuff as I do. The Kyosho guys well I can build two of my Slash's for what they pay for one kit so not biggie.

The other thing I would say is most guys are not hopping up a brand new Slash as it is one they already have laying around so they find it fun to add on to it to make it better. Honestly the way mine sits minus the shock towers and shocks I'm very competitive at all the local tracks with it.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:29 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Default Awesome article about Steve Wang of STRC

Just read the first installment from Steve at STRC giving a little backround to him and his business. Fantastic article on himself and his business. Wow that was a cool article to read and knowing he has more to offer us I can wait to read the next article he writes. He is going to give us a step by step process on how a part is made from concept to a product ready for the consumer. Keep checking as he updates and gives everyone the opportunity to see how the process goes from start to finish.

http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...&path=80_81_82
Old 09-29-2012, 12:53 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

My STRC 2wd and 4wd all wired neatly and race ready.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:59 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Here is the newest up to date cad drawing of the new chassis.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:35 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Did a little messing around with the 4x4 Slash this weekend. I figured since i have the Proline shocks working well on my truck I thought I would work on the stock Traxxas Big Bore shocks and change the setup and see if I can get them to feel as good as the Proline Pro Tracs.

I found a way to sand down the RPM pistons very easily. I took one of the Dremel sanding drums and took off the sanding drum. The RPM pistons fits tightly on and I use a piece of fuel tubing on each side of it. Then I turn it on slowly and run it on some emery cloth. Wow what a great job it does and since the piston fits tightly on the drum shaft it is easy to keep them nice and round. Once I get one to fit perfectly I get my calipers out and make 3 more matching size. I use HPI tiney e clips that fit perfectly into the top of the piston and causes no binding.

One finished I installed them and added oil and a different spring combo. Put them in the truck and to my surprise they feel great and have just the feel I was looking for. Now just need to test them out.

Last edited by wyd; 10-01-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Man, I got some STRC threaded bodies for my 2 wheeler and my RPM 's went right in. I took the Proline shocks off the 2wd. Just couldn't get it where I wanted but I did not try different springs either. My biggest complaint on the Prolines is the only one piston to choose from. With the stock shocks and losi springs it is dialed. I do however like the PL's on the 4 wheeler.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:08 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Lenman73
Man, I got some STRC threaded bodies for my 2 wheeler and my RPM 's went right in. I took the Proline shocks off the 2wd. Just couldn't get it where I wanted but I did not try different springs either. My biggest complaint on the Prolines is the only one piston to choose from. With the stock shocks and losi springs it is dialed. I do however like the PL's on the 4 wheeler.
Hmmm that is weird as then you would think they would of fit the Traxxas aluminum Big Bores that came on the 4x4 and I have a set for my 2wd. I had to do the same sanding of the RPM's for both trucks.

I will PM you the setup I just put on the 4x4 with the Big Bores in case you might want to try it out. So far I really like the ProLines with the setup help you gave me. I'm running just running 40wt front and 37 1/2 rear as the only change and it feels really good. My new Big Bore shock setup feels almost the same overall. Time will tell.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have never owned traxxas aluminum shocks but I never had a problem putting them in the plastic bodies. Three different sets all worked. I did have to sand them to get them to fit in HPI plastic bodies though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.