Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maddog94
Forgive me if this has already been covered, but this is my first time looking at this thread in a long time.

Just noticed that Stormer and Amain both dropped their prices on this kit to below $200. Are they dumping them in anticipation of receiving 2.0 sct's coming out soon?
not for a while. probably next year, in the summer.
TLR is probably going to focus more on the 22-4
Old 11-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maddog94
Forgive me if this has already been covered, but this is my first time looking at this thread in a long time.

Just noticed that Stormer and Amain both dropped their prices on this kit to below $200. Are they dumping them in anticipation of receiving 2.0 sct's coming out soon?
According to Mr. Frank Root the answer is no......he told us not to hold our breath.....LOL
Old 11-18-2013, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Can anybody suggest a good starting point on diff oil wt.? I'm going to give a gear diff a try this friday!?!? Track is a smallish med/to high bite and I run green bar codes...
Old 11-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cjanderson3
Can anybody suggest a good starting point on diff oil wt.? I'm going to give a gear diff a try this friday!?!? Track is a smallish med/to high bite and I run green bar codes...
3000 to 5000 I have heard is a good starting point in 2wd.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cjanderson3
I ran the gear diff for the first time last Saturday with 5,000. I felt it had a little too much on power steering so I am going with 3,000 tomorrow night (anyone - if that is not the correct change, please let me as that is what I read).
Old 11-19-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey Casper.I don't know if this has been cover already, but if i order the new X RINGS and SHOCK BUSHINGS SET,do I also need to order the new shock shaft? thanks in advance.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by abi787
hey Casper.I don't know if this has been cover already, but if i order the new X RINGS and SHOCK BUSHINGS SET,do I also need to order the new shock shaft? thanks in advance.
The shafts are necessarily needed. From what they have said the new coating is more durable, but doesn't perform much different.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:55 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abi787
You don't HAVE to but probably not a bad idea especially if your shafts are showing some wear. The new ticn shafts are lasting much longer. The bushings and xrings do not require new shafts though. Just not a bad idea if you are spending the money for a rebuild.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
You don't HAVE to but probably not a bad idea especially if your shafts are showing some wear. The new ticn shafts are lasting much longer. The bushings and xrings do not require new shafts though. Just not a bad idea if you are spending the money for a rebuild.

Makes sense.Thanks.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I built my shocks up with the new parts and stock shafts. Had a little leaking after running them some. Put the new shafts in and no leaking.

Also rebuilt my MIP puck diff with a Casper thrust kit. Didn't get to run it yet, but was able to really tighten it up and still be smooth. I left the MIP washer closest to the diff in it and used the rest from Casper.

I am hoping my rebuilt diff will get my truck back to what it is. My truck was really good and then went south. Changed everything in it just about except for the chassis and servo.

I was hoping to see a 2.0 with bellcranks and updated arms.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Brian L
I built my shocks up with the new parts and stock shafts. Had a little leaking after running them some. Put the new shafts in and no leaking.

Also rebuilt my MIP puck diff with a Casper thrust kit. Didn't get to run it yet, but was able to really tighten it up and still be smooth. I left the MIP washer closest to the diff in it and used the rest from Casper.

I am hoping my rebuilt diff will get my truck back to what it is. My truck was really good and then went south. Changed everything in it just about except for the chassis and servo.

I was hoping to see a 2.0 with bellcranks and updated arms.
odd, I just built the MIP super diff for my 22sct. feels super smooth, a little wavy at first, but it feels like that has faded out. so far, so good.
The new diff gear i got is the updated one with the little nipples that keep the gear from wandering, very nice!
I just rebuilt my shocks with the new X-rings AND the Machined bushings.
all i can say, is that the shocks are awesome!
for those curious, the difference is that the new bushings kinda grip the shock shaft, so at full extension there is minimal side to side play of the shock shaft. very nice! and smooth. 1 full day of racing, and a pack or two of practice, and absolutely no leaks. period. a little wet around the bottom of the shock body, but i think thats partly until the seals get fully seated.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:34 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

TiNi Shafts measure from 3.47-3.48mm. We updated the TiCN shafts to have a diameter of 3.50 +/-0.01, and all of the shafts I have measured myself have been 3.50. This little extra on the OD seems to help some although it is not ABSOLUTELY mandatory, it does help a little more.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Puck Diff and Driveshafts

I was wondering what people's thoughts were on the MIP Puck system. I normally run a 13.5 in my truck and I knew that the system says it is rated for a 17.5. My drive cups are starting to develop a little bit of wear so I was debating upgrading to the PUCK system. This brings me to my next question. Can you replace the drive pins on the driveshafts? If you can how many of you replace the drivepins instead of buying new driveshafts everytime? This is another reason I was debating going to the PUCK system if it will hold up to the 13.5.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Ok have a question I have these shock shafts for a 22sct item numbers TLR233002 and TLR233000 These are the new TiCN shocks shaft but these shafts are shorter then the ones that come in the kit. Anyone have the right numbers
Thank You
Old 11-20-2013, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kmh038
I was wondering what people's thoughts were on the MIP Puck system. I normally run a 13.5 in my truck and I knew that the system says it is rated for a 17.5. My drive cups are starting to develop a little bit of wear so I was debating upgrading to the PUCK system. This brings me to my next question. Can you replace the drive pins on the driveshafts? If you can how many of you replace the drivepins instead of buying new driveshafts everytime? This is another reason I was debating going to the PUCK system if it will hold up to the 13.5.
The Puck system uses a hard plastic replaceable piece that screws into the pin.

See attached picture, it is installed in my 22 2.0 buggy
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)-img_1505.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.