Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

thanks guys
got a hitec 5685
sr 300 rx
dx3 c
the wheels of my sc 10 4x4 for now
Old 09-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carranza76
Ok so I went to bed last night with Bag D unopened at 11:30! Yes I finally got the truck!
Hope you slept well. I wouldn't go to bed with Bag D, open or not. Now, I'd go to bed with some of the aluminum hop up parts, cuz that's high class.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Allright, about to place my order for my 22SCT.

Ordering a set of the 5* caster blocks for it as well.

Anything else I will need or should upgrade while I am at it?

Have the TLR Race Support kit coming from the states (nowhere in AUS has it!)
Old 09-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Had another great race night with my 22SCT! This truck is DIALED. Love it. Ran an 8.5 boosted and had no trouble putting the power down. It feels great to just squeeze the trigger and the truck just squirts foward on rails. Goes where it's pointed.

Originally Posted by Cloaked

I run the stock caster blocks. Works well.

I dropped in:

- alum camber blocks front and rear
- TI turnbuckles
- alum front pivot
- TI kingpin front
- alum hexes + .75 rear
- alum servo arm
Old 09-14-2012, 11:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cloaked

I would order the diff tool and the aluminum battery brace.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:09 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carranza76
Ok so I went to bed last night with Bag D unopened at 11:30! Yes I finally got the truck!

I am using the Spektrum 6040 Servo and I used the recommended shims 2mm + .5 mm but I thought I remember someone suggesting different shimming?

Also I am building it by the stock set up as this truck was tested heavily at my home track (Pegasus Raceway) but I sure do seem to have extra plastic washers and some screws. (screws I would think most are for the rear bumper) Anyone else? as I don't see it mentioned much.

All in all for my first kit its fun as hell but I will be investing in a Small electric drill!!! Damn my fingers hurt!!!!

Frank, I am gonna use my Losi 13.5 RTR motor from my 22 buggy in this truck till i upgrade for now. Gearing it 78/21 is whats suggested would you recommend something different? or should i just start there? I am gonna run boosted with my Tekin RS.

Thanks!
2.5mm of shims for the S6040 is perfect, that's what I run. I'd start with the kit setup, it was pretty good at Pegasus. Also, I'd start with that gearing and go from there.

Originally Posted by nitro_mt_racer
I was just noticing the excessive slop in the steering rack this evening and we've only been running our trucks for 2 weeks.
The rack does have some slop, but really, it isn't much slop at the wheels, and much less than a bell crank car.

Last edited by Frank Root; 09-15-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Ran my truck for the first time last night and im pleased .... truck handles very well other then few things i saw it doing 1) going into turns and coming out the truck rolls a ton and i lose traction .. i would assume the sway bars will fix this .. but i diid try stiffer spring i went from stock yellow to pink and raised the ride height alittle . im running travis brock set up on the tlr web site , im almost sure 27.5 all the way around is too light for tight indoor track with med to high grip.. 2) it jumps good but front end flys alittle high .. i know on my xxx sct i had to add about 3/4 oz weight to the front do i need to do that with this one too ? .... if someone else can tell me something to try i am open ears because i know this trk will be dialed when i get it to work 100 % the way i want it to thanks all in advance Will G
Old 09-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sylv456
Hi all, The car's been available here in Belgium last Wednesday only, but after a quick build I managed to race it on Sunday. Day went great with TQ & Win, no turnbuckle popping off (without mod), and a correct basis setup for mid-motor. Still a lot to do on it but good start I had 2 issues during the day, first one is that I was way under minimal weigth (by 100 grams) and had to add 21 grams behind the servo, the TLR weigth of 50 gr in the rear, plus the rear mud flaps. It's probably because I'm running shorties and a slim servo, but it's good to be able to put the weigth where you want. Second is that the rear suspension was getting very hard when the shock was completely compressed. They have been built without any rebound so it's not oil pressure. When pressing them by hand individually it seemed ok, but pushing the car down, not. I'll take a deeper look into this one to see if anything binds. Great car! Cheers
Ok, the rear camber links are binding on the hubs while in position 1-E (with 2mm spacers on car side). Because I'm using aluminium hubs I'm not really keen to Dremel them . Would adding spacers on both sides equally until there's no binding anymore be a valid solution?
Old 09-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
When you move the block down, it tends to make the car more aggressive. When you move it up, more aggressive. When you adjust spindle height, you should also adjust your shock limiting accordingly.
You mean up makes it less aggressive? Typo?
Old 09-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vito
love this kit trying to get the money for a r10 pro esc and 8.5 motor or what trun?
Check out the hobbywing V3 esc, virtually the same thing .....and it's cheaper too.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rimracker
I guess if your gonna run it on the street you can mount where ever you want. If you race or jump it you may run into problems, I noticed the mid setup likes to nose down over jumps. I have most of my weight towards the back of the truck and I have to stay on the throttle to level it out.

This is my first Losi/22 and I am pretty certain I have a steering issue. Can anybody tell me about any issues with the rack binding up? I am running a XP 1313 servo, thought I had the right spacer in but now I am not sure. I can't see any place where it might be hitting or binding. Someone mentioned going to the aluminum rack. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ng-Rack-TLR-22.
How many shims are you using?
Old 09-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

iam back to rear motor lay out fun happy its done
Old 09-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Ran mine for the first time last Sunday. Going to run it again tomorrow. its been a long time since I raced offroad. I really liked the mid motor set up, just need a little more rear traction. Could be tires, could be trigger finger. others at the track really liked it. more practice will tell the story
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)-sam_1913.jpg   TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)-sam_1954.jpg   TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)-sam_1958.jpg   TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)-sam_1925-2.jpg   TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)-sam_1927.jpg  

Old 09-15-2012, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Ran mine for the first time last Sunday. Going to run it again tomorrow. its been a long time since I raced offroad. I really liked the mid motor set up, just need a little more rear traction. Could be tires, could be trigger finger. others at the track really liked it. more practice will tell the story
Nice rig ... what body is that Flowtek ... also if you could post pic of the back of the body wanna see the mounting holes ... thanks Will G
Old 09-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

body mount dots dot line up at all just the fronts. there off in the rear in mid motor and rear set ups . is my body mess up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.