Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

It will be nimble and light. It can't be as planted as a heavier/ slower car IMO. Joseph Quagraine did this choice too with the JQ but the lack of skills of some drivers made the car feel unstable for some. But you can't have an awesome steering, a very fast corner speed, a light car AND a buggy feeling like it's super easy to drive and planted. I don't believe it, there are compromises to make. No car can be perfect for all the drivers. This said in brushless it's quite simple to go for a heavier car -> go for a bigger lipo. But the lighter the car is the best you will be able to put the weight where you want, you can use chassis weights just like in 1/10
Old 05-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Yep its a compromise. Wonder if anyone has thought to just put a belt drive instead of drive shafts in a 1/8 scale buggy... Would be super low cg but with loss of center diff.... I don't mean like the sc10 4x4 but the super easy maintainence schumi ones.... Basically a zoomed up 1/10 scaler...
Old 05-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
Yep its a compromise. Wonder if anyone has thought to just put a belt drive instead of drive shafts in a 1/8 scale buggy... Would be super low cg but with loss of center diff.... I don't mean like the sc10 4x4 but the super easy maintainence schumi ones.... Basically a zoomed up 1/10 scaler...
Here ya go

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=4949

A french guy designed it and started to build it but I can't find the page on rcmag anymore..
Old 05-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pulse_
Here ya go

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=4949

A french guy designed it and started to build it but I can't find the page on rcmag anymore..
Cool!!! that shud jump like a dream
Old 05-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey you know were racing offroad not onroad?
Old 05-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
Hey you know were racing offroad not onroad?
if its faster/ lighter more efficient and legal (which is what the tekno buggy is) whats the problem with this approach
Old 05-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

if its faster/ lighter more efficient and legal (which is what the tekno buggy is) whats the problem with this approach
if that was true wouldn't more companies run belt? Also last time I checked the losi scte can beat the ae sc10 4x4 (which is lighter and supposedly faster which is belt too).
Old 05-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Well Tekno you made me cancel a buggy I was about to order thanks to this car! Now I gotta find something to do while waiting for it to be released!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
if that was true wouldn't more companies run belt? Also last time I checked the losi scte can beat the ae sc10 4x4 (which is lighter and supposedly faster which is belt too).
Prob cos the thing is a PITA to work on. Most drivers at the track I frequent give up trying to fix its many other issues...

But looking some mature 1/10 scale 4x4 buggies (this IS a 1/8 buggy), they are pretty evenly matched between the belt drives and the shaft drives (losi and schumi's belt drives vs AE rangos shaft drives)

Ebuggy classes started out with nitro conversions which are all shaft drives. Anyways buying the tekno once its out
Old 05-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Prob cos the thing is a PITA to work on. Most drivers at the track I frequent give up trying to fix its many other issues...

But looking some mature 1/10 scale 4x4 buggies (this IS a 1/8 buggy), they are pretty evenly matched between the belt drives and the shaft drives (losi and schumi's belt drives vs AE rangos shaft drives)

Ebuggy classes started out with nitro conversions which are all shaft drives. Anyways buying the tekno once its out
that is 1/10 4x4 buggies not 1/8 there is a huge difference between the two and the one big thing is weight.

1/10 4x4 buggies weight around 4-5 pounds, where 1/8 buggys are close to 6 to almost 8 pounds. Plus your running bigger motors and bigger batts.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antimullet
Well Tekno you made me cancel a buggy I was about to order thanks to this car! Now I gotta find something to do while waiting for it to be released!!!
Glad to hear it!
Old 05-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by teknorc
We actually started the company making plastic parts for the Revo. Wing mounts, RX boxes, a-arms, etc. We are quite confident that the plastics being used are as good or better than what most companies are using. And some of the parts are exactly the same material as what other companies are using.

We understand that this is our first car and we'll have some issues, but we've been making parts for years. We've made many types of parts on a car already (driveshaft, gear, wing mount, chassis, mud guards, a-arms). We just put them all in one kit this time.

Other companies have bigger budgets but they also have more overhead and more waste. Additionally, we're not rushing the car out to meet a deadline like some of the bigger companies do. I don't know exactly how much testing they do before a release but we have tested this car and tested this car some more (since September 2011). We have 7 prototypes racing many times a week and sometimes testing all day. We're always evaluating and trying to make the car better.

We can't rush the car out with bad quality, no one will stick with Tekno if we did. We're trying to create a relationship with our customers that lasts for years. Not just for this car, but for our future cars and parts as well. If we have a major issue, we're going to solve it and take care of the customer so they want to keep running our products.
My first brushles car was a revo, thanks daniel!! I have been doing bussines with daniel when he started manufacturing hop ups for revo and it was sweet to deal, if it was any problem, just asked informatind and solved the problem, thats why im really confidence about that car, cause if an issue appears he will take care about it. I really like the car and hope i can get it at a reasonable price in my country
Old 05-09-2012, 06:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz......
Old 05-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What exactly is the target date for these?
Old 05-09-2012, 09:16 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default buggy

i wonder what the parts cost will be ????? like a set of front arms?? i think i want 1???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.