Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC10T4.1 Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LOW ET
you are not buying a hobbypartz esc, you are buying a hobbywing esc. dont call hobbypartz for warranty work, call hobbywing. even if you call one of the hobbywing dealers i'm sure someone knows where to get warranty work done. you can even pm a member named cobraracing and they can help you out with hobbywing issues.
Have you had warranty work done by Hobbywing? If so, what was your experiance?
Old 04-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone running the kyosho shocks on your truck?
Old 04-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bajabro
With my previous t4 I ran them for a 1/2 season, worked very well . To do it correctly, you need to shave the shock bodies down to ge the same collapsed length and extended lengths.

Now with the v2's, I see no need to go to k shocks anymore... V2's work very well.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ovalracer1m
With my previous t4 I ran them for a 1/2 season, worked very well . To do it correctly, you need to shave the shock bodies down to ge the same collapsed length and extended lengths.

Now with the v2's, I see no need to go to k shocks anymore... V2's work very well.
To do it correctly, you need to shave the shock bodies down to ge the same collapsed length and extended lengths. ?? What does this mean?? How do I do it and why do I do it? I just put a set on my truck but havent had it out yet. Thanks!
Old 04-03-2012, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by The Czechexican
To do it correctly, you need to shave the shock bodies down to ge the same collapsed length and extended lengths. ?? What does this mean?? How do I do it and why do I do it? I just put a set on my truck but havent had it out yet. Thanks!
the reason why is to keep the shocks roughly the same length. You loose down travel with a longer bodied shock. I ran them before trimming them and felt decent. I definetly lost side bite and steering with them this way though. The whole point to doing this swap was to get a higher quality, smoother feeling shock while still having the same shock lengths, etc. The fronts are much longer and the rear are only a bit off. You take the top cap off, take measurements on where they need to be, then trim the body down evenly.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by microrcdude
Rather then go with the RS Pro, you could run the RS.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...otor-Combo-85T

A main has a $25 coupon and free shipping if you're a "member." Of course you need to order $250 worth of stuff to get $25 off, so now would be a good time to get some body clips or wheel nuts

Edit: Tekin's customer service is unmatched here in the US, they've always answered my questions, and done what they could to help me out.
I understand the rs pro might be overkill. But after discounts you're talking g 225 for a rs combo vs 250 for a rs pro combo. IMO spend the extra 25 and get the pro. It has lower resistance and can handle hotter setups.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

To everyone that chimed in on my motor/esc question, thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

The reason I dislike posting questions like that is because it is a guarantee the majority of responses will not be choosing between options A or B, they will add option C.

I've read all the major threads on this forum and done my research on the popular motors and ESCs. Including Tekin, Orion, LRP, Novak (Havoc Pro SC with X Drive as well as Kinetic), HobbyWing, SpeedPassion, and Castle (MMP, not interested in the others).

Every single one of those threads has multiple users with equipment problems. The more I read, the more it becomes clear that there is a chance of purchasing a DOA or soon to be Dead unit from any of the companies listed above. Simply put, Sh!t Happens, and it can happen to all of them.

Please allow me to rephrase my original question.

If every electronic ESC and Motor manufacturer in the Milky Way Galaxy ceased to exist today EXCEPT for Hobbywing and Novak, and the only products that didn't spontaneously vaporize in their warehouses were the 120a ESC/8.5t and Havoc Pro SC with X-Drive/Ballistic 8.5t, which would you choose and why?

I have my reasons for settling on these two particular brands and models and after 2 months of research, will no longer consider others. I just can't seem to make a decision between the two, which is strange considering 97% my career involves making purchases.

Again, I sincerely appreciate all of the responses, and respectfully decline all option C's.

EDIT: Anyone have any experience with these guys http://www.falconsekido.com/ ? They are the only US distributor listed on Hobbywing's website. I also like the look of their site more than I do Hobbypartz.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hinecken
To everyone that chimed in on my motor/esc question, thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

The reason I dislike posting questions like that is because it is a guarantee the majority of responses will not be choosing between options A or B, they will add option C.

I've read all the major threads on this forum and done my research on the popular motors and ESCs. Including Tekin, Orion, LRP, Novak (Havoc Pro SC with X Drive as well as Kinetic), HobbyWing, SpeedPassion, and Castle (MMP, not interested in the others).

Every single one of those threads has multiple users with equipment problems. The more I read, the more it becomes clear that there is a chance of purchasing a DOA or soon to be Dead unit from any of the companies listed above. Simply put, Sh!t Happens, and it can happen to all of them.

Please allow me to rephrase my original question.

If every electronic ESC and Motor manufacturer in the Milky Way Galaxy ceased to exist today EXCEPT for Hobbywing and Novak, and the only products that didn't spontaneously vaporize in their warehouses were the 120a ESC/8.5t and Havoc Pro SC with X-Drive/Ballistic 8.5t, which would you choose and why?

I have my reasons for settling on these two particular brands and models and after 2 months of research, will no longer consider others. I just can't seem to make a decision between the two, which is strange considering 97% my career involves making purchases.

Again, I sincerely appreciate all of the responses, and respectfully decline all option C's.

EDIT: Anyone have any experience with these guys http://www.falconsekido.com/ ? They are the only US distributor listed on Hobbywing's website. I also like the look of their site more than I do Hobbypartz.
I agree totally on the above. They all can have there probelms here and there. Everybody that has had there bad experience with a certain product is biased against that product in most cases afterwards. So you will always get 100 different opinions. I personally run all Hobbywing Xerun since they have served me very well in the past. Cant beat the price and how well they run. Program box is under $20 as well. Love that thing with how simple it is.
The one thing for novak is there customer service. I here it is top notch.

I personally have never heard of the site you listed. I would deal with nitro rcx or hobbypartz. Both are out of California. Always get my stuff in 3-5 days (if they are in stock, lol) Most of the time it is always the same warehouse just multiple websites used.

Last edited by ovalracer1m; 04-03-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ovalracer1m
I agree totally on the above. They all can have there probelms here and there. Everybody that has had there bad experience with a certain product is biased against that product in most cases afterwards. So you will always get 100 different opinions. I personally run all Hobbywing Xerun since they have served me very well in the past. Cant beat the price and how well they run. Program box is under $20 as well. Love that thing with how simple it is.
The one thing for novak is there customer service. I here it is top notch.

I personally have never heard of the site you listed. I would deal with nitro rcx or hobbypartz. Both are out of California. Always get my stuff in 3-5 days (if they are in stock, lol) Most of the time it is always the same warehouse just multiple websites used.
I believe they are also in the US and are listed as HobbyWing's only distributor here. I imagine hobbypartz has to order from them if I'm reading it correctly.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

yeah, more than likely most of these websites for hobbywing ship out of 1 warehouse.

I love the new Xerun V3 120A. Now uses the same heat sink, etc that the R10 has. Much better features to the V3. Integrated power switch which is awesome, datalogger, more presets, etc. Cant wait to pick one up.

Last edited by ovalracer1m; 04-03-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by bajabro
I know one person running their BB's on his SC10.. He seems to like it. I didn't like the 150+ price tag even more so with AE's releasing their BB's soon ( hoping)

I run Losi BB springs on my B4.1, B44.1(ran) Rear of my SC10... Avid's truck front springs work very well., the springs are very hard to find though.

I ran Losi BB rear springs on the front, were to soft though. I cut .060" off the lower eyelet and added 2 limiters on the outside of the shock to keep stock travel. Truck was very jumpy in the front. springs were very soft.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hinecken
Have you had warranty work done by Hobbywing? If so, what was your experiance?
i never had warranty work by hobbywing because none of their products needed it. but after talking with a member here, cobraracing, which i consider the hobywing MAN! i'm sure there would be no problems finding out what was needed to be done to get things fixed. so far the hobbywing stuff seems top notch and i feel no one should be afraid to buy their products.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by brent701
the springs are very hard to find though.
because that are not available to the public yet...

Originally Posted by David_Joor
We are just on the edge of releasing them. We have spring sets for buggy, truck, and 4wd. The middle color yellow is the standard that most will use front and rear, but it really depends on driving style, some may like the stiffer red rear or the front.
this was in an email 2 days ago.

BT's cactus setup was him with white fronts yellow rears on his t4

curious to see what springs on the b4 tho
Old 04-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by brent701
Truck was very jumpy in the front. springs were very soft.
yeah the losi green front spring is too soft for the t4 with the standard #2/30wt.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by Jake S
because that are not available to the public yet...
lol, Per who?

I know at least one person that has no sponsors that has a set of front and rear on his T4.1 and they feel very nice. and said he bought them at a local hobby shop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.