Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by roylo
grippy surface long enough and use the brakes well and you will see what I am talking about.
I just wanted you to know Mr, i have been running mine on Carpet with traction compound, and the grip is insane..

I do brake hard,cuz the track is very technical and fast
I do hit the throttle hard, and have only tiny slip on my slipper..

so, i can not see what you are talking about., but i do hope you will get it sorted out asap, it is a superb designed truck

/Tp
Old 01-25-2012, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Well said...

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
Final Time: You're wrong.

I drive in my back lot 3 or 4 times a week to get my kicks due to lack of time to hit the Track. I know my truck, I know your truck (as you state mine has the same problem as yours) Guess what? You're wrong. Your Truck is doing something none of us have a problem with. You're not magically doing what you know we would do too under the same circumstances. Your Truck has an issue that needs to be diagnosed and figured out with a little time, Time which you are wasting debating with me about how My truck has your problem too if I 'tried'. Guess what? Wrong again!

I have driven this Truck on all surfaces. I have driven it on all surfaces under many setups and I do not. Have. your. Issue. Your Truck has something going on with it to where you have a flex we do not. A Chassis brace fixed every. single. one of these guy's problems when we were the pioneers of this truck in a matter of speaking. This is why I began selling chassis braces for little to no profit of my own, because I wanted to keep people in this truck so We had a community. That's not white knight'ing. That's my honest reasons.

I'm getting very tired of being told my truck will do what it won't, repeatidly.

If you want help. Post pics and let us see what's going on if possible. Because 'we' cannot repeat your issue, our trucks Not having your issue and all.

I'm very sorry this is a asshole post, but you're getting on my nerves about refusing to listen whatsoever to people that have had the Truck 9 months and raced and won clubs and nationals, to the bashers who run the Effer on 4S and Mamba monsters in it. (f_me, craig, myself, and others) They don't have this "defect". Lighten up and accept the help instead of telling us ours is broken too. Cause it's not.

- I have lawn darted at full throttle
- I have drag raced cars on the side of my house
- I have raced in the back lot
- I have slammed full reverse and pulled the front end around on concrete for wicked Fast and the Furious Driving!
- I have ran with and without a Chassis brace
- I have ran with a SLOPPY belt
- I have ran with a far too tight, causing far too much drag belt
Answer: Never once In 9 months and 2 belts: _________________

Fill in the Blank!
royolo:

When I first got my truck I had belt issues.... All of which were diagnosed by the guys who went there before me. If you have an issue and ask a question here you WILL be advised on common cures.....but you have to be willing to take your meds! Instead of arguing with everyone and blaming the truck, take the advice that is offered. It all boils down to this: If you don't want any answers, don't ask any questions. I understand the frustration when you just want it to work...we have all been there.

Good Luck with the truck....it's one of the best RC vehicles I have ever lawn/curb-darted or driven on a track!

Thank goodness for chassis braces!

Sal
Old 01-25-2012, 05:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Final Time: You're wrong.

I drive in my back lot 3 or 4 times a week to get my kicks due to lack of time to hit the Track. I know my truck, I know your truck (as you state mine has the same problem as yours) Guess what? You're wrong. Your Truck is doing something none of us have a problem with. You're not magically doing what you know we would do too under the same circumstances. Your Truck has an issue that needs to be diagnosed and figured out with a little time, Time which you are wasting debating with me about how My truck has your problem too if I 'tried'. Guess what? Wrong again!

I have driven this Truck on all surfaces. I have driven it on all surfaces under many setups and I do not. Have. your. Issue. Your Truck has something going on with it to where you have a flex we do not. A Chassis brace fixed every. single. one of these guy's problems when we were the pioneers of this truck in a matter of speaking. This is why I began selling chassis braces for little to no profit of my own, because I wanted to keep people in this truck so We had a community. That's not white knight'ing. That's my honest reasons.

I'm getting very tired of being told my truck will do what it won't, repeatidly.

If you want help. Post pics and let us see what's going on if possible. Because 'we' cannot repeat your issue, our trucks Not having your issue and all.

I'm very sorry this is a asshole post, but you're getting on my nerves about refusing to listen whatsoever to people that have had the Truck 9 months and raced and won clubs and nationals, to the bashers who run the Effer on 4S and Mamba monsters in it. (f_me, craig, myself, and others) They don't have this "defect". Lighten up and accept the help instead of telling us ours is broken too. Cause it's not.

- I have lawn darted at full throttle
- I have drag raced cars on the side of my house
- I have raced in the back lot
- I have slammed full reverse and pulled the front end around on concrete for wicked Fast and the Furious Driving!
- I have ran with and without a Chassis brace
- I have ran with a SLOPPY belt
- I have ran with a far too tight, causing far too much drag belt

Fill in the Blank!
Sorry Im a bit mad I just forked out for this RTR truck and am having these belt issues straight from the box. I believe Im correct in what Im saying about the front tensioner flexing up under braking/belt force resulting in the belt riding off of it, but you say Im wrong and Ill leave it at that and take another look over my whole set up with the suggestions put up here.
Thanks...
Old 01-25-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Sorry Im a bit mad I just forked out for this RTR truck and am having these belt issues straight from the box. I believe Im correct in what Im saying about the front tensioner flexing up under braking/belt force resulting in the belt riding off of it, but you say Im wrong and Ill leave it at that and take another look over my whole set up with the suggestions put up here.
Thanks...
Dont sweat it roylo, one thing to check is the orientation of the pullies. If the are one way, they are locked in place by the bearing, if the pully is the other way, the pully can ride off the bearing, causing the belt to come off.

Keep us posted.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thomasshope
Hello all,

This is my first post and I would like to thank everyone for sharing their experience.
I am getting back into RC's after a hiatus since the early 90's. Obviously, the game has changed drastically. I am currently assembling my SC10 4x4 kit with a Castle Sidewinder SCT combo w/ 1410 4 pole motor. I bought a RRP 32p 13 tooth pinion. I noticed two things:
Anyone see any issues with running the sidewinder ESC?

never mind on the MMP SCT. Price went back up.

Last edited by Cain; 01-25-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

There isnt anything wrong except the design of the truck.
You're entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to mine. Have fun fixing your problem your way.

Fill in the Blank!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Legend

dup
Old 01-25-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Legend

Rather then behaving like a tard trying to
embarrass a fellow Sc10 4x4 owner ?

roylo

Please feel free to Pm me for help & advise...
You will get my best ....
Old 01-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
I knew you'd chime in.

Several users attempted to describe the solution to his problem, he insists the truck is misdesigned, even though a quick search this thread turns up at least 20 instances of belts coming off, all of them solved in the short term by new belt tunnels, and long term with a chassis brace or Exotech chassis. Several users run on carpet (more grip than tarmac/asphalt) and don't have any problem because they use the chassis brace. Heck, Cameron cuts out most of the tunnels for weight reduction, and doesn't have a problem because his tunnels aren't warped and he uses a chassis brace.

If he doesn't want our help, he should stop asking for it. Either way, I won't be responding to him anymore because he obviously has all the answers already (it's misdesigned, ask him!) and there's not much I can do to convince him otherwise. Here's your sign...

What is most curious here is why you are siding with the one user who seems to have found a phantom design flaw (that doesn't exist), while you always side with the factory since "there's nothing wrong with the slipper" (that does). Why is that?
Old 01-25-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Inline Saddle pack mod with and RX8

I modified the RC Shox saddles with a grinder and drilled 3 new holes in it to have the batteries inline with an RX8. That was quite a bit of work but it's done!

Also had to cut out the tab at the back of the chassis that held the reveiver box... then the RX8 had more room however the RX8 would only fit one way.

I'm going to need to put the truck on some scales again to get it ballanced.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FRONTI3R
I modified the RC Shox saddles with a grinder and drilled 3 new holes in it to have the batteries inline with an RX8. That was quite a bit of work but it's done!

Also had to cut out the tab at the back of the chassis that held the reveiver box... then the RX8 had more room however the RX8 would only fit one way.

I'm going to need to put the truck on some scales again to get it ballanced.
Nice! Im looking at getting saddle packs now, and hopefully I can get my xerun 1/8 esc in there. I borrowed the 120amp for my dex210
Old 01-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

When I first got the center diff I was not pleased. I raced it and left the original settings on my truck and it had mad understeeer. I went on the forums and found out that I needed to run a lighter front diff fluid if i were to run a center diff. I switched the front diff fluid from 30,000cst to 7,000cst. It made a huge difference. I am now running 7,000 front/5000 rear

Also i noticed that I wasn unable to fully tighten dowm the Diff nut. Easy fix: i added another thrust washer.

I originally had yellow springs up front and blues in the rear and everytime i punched the throttle the weight transfers to the rear and all the power is going up front. You can see the front tires balloon! This caused lots of understeer on power. The fix was to put yellow springs on the rear to match the fronts. Now I feel the truck is agressive and goes where i point the wheels.

The place where i see a center diff working real well is on a loose surface. Unbelievable predictability. I love it!! I have yet to race my truck with its new settings but I VERY happy with the purchase!

Remember, Unlike a slipper, the center diff is always putting power down. I was worried about heat issues and the spur melting etc. but here is a pic of the diff after an 8min bashing session

The diff plates were around 10-15deg cooler than the motor. But definitely the motor is transfering heat to the diff and spur so monitor your motor temps. Fortunately im running telemetry on my radio!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry

roylo

Please feel free to Pm me for help & advise...
You will get my best ....

Go here, http://fastlapproducts.net/Products.html pay $30...problem solved. I understand the frustration since I was there 2-3 months ago. Then I got the chassic brace, how many times have the belt pop-off since? .....Zero.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

There isnt anything wrong except the design of the truck. I drive on tarmac alot so there is a fair bit of grip and tension on the belt under brakes. I can tell you my truck is the same as any other and the front tensioner pulley flexes up under brakes and it makes the belt run off. A brace wont help this problem either, because it wont stop the belt putting pressure on the pulley.

Drive on tarmac or other grippy surface long enough and use the brakes well and you will see what I am talking about.
Don't know what to tell you man. Myself along with others have given you several options to prevent the belt from getting off track. You're the first I've heard of that had an issue that wasn't resolved by one of those options.

EDIT: Sorry for the "late hit" I reply as I catch up on the thread.

PS: If you bought the RTR thinking that it would win races straight out of the box I feel for you, but you can never expect for that to happen with any RC model I know of. I wish AE would stop making RTR's all together as it's misleading since it's not a good brand for that type of user.

Last edited by Mizchief; 01-25-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Why should you have to set the EPA so you no longer hear the belt skip? By doing that you are taking away braking power from not only the front but the rear wheels aswell, and losing braking distance!
Do your wheels lock before the belt starts to skip? If so you already have too much break power and once the wheels skid you start to loose breaking power. The belt skipping in that scenario would actually help you because it would be acting like an ABS system

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.